2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:00:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152841 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: May 27, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

Senate candidate Mike Gravel (Dean Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: October 7th - 13th

This tour shall serve as a vehicle to promote both the Senate candidacy of Sen. Gravel against Sen. Stevens and the House candidacy of Mayor Begich against Rep. Young, as well as promoting the Presidential candidacy of Gov. Dean. Also featured will be State Senators Hollis French and Johnny Ellis and State Rep. Eric Croft

October 7th
Meet and Greet in Saxman, Alaska
Campaign rally in Ketchikan, Alaska
Townhall in Ketchikan, Alaska
Meet and greet in Hyder, Alaska

Political leaders must bring two qualities to any public office:
political integrity and moral judgment.
If political calculations trump morality and occasion substantial loss of human life, it reveals the sense of moral responsibility these candidates are likely to bring to the office of President.
Saying “I would not have voted for the resolution if I had known the mess it would create”––or worse, saying “the decision was right but Bush botched the job”––is inadequate rationale for a person who may hold the most powerful political position in the world. Presidents have moral responsibility for the life and death of millions of people.
Politics as Usual is not acceptable for the presidency.
I feel I am entitled to raise this issue because when I served in the Senate, during the Vietnam War, I spoke truth to power.
I officially released the Pentagon Papers, and as a result, Richard Nixon sued me all the way to the Supreme Court.
I successfully filibustered to force an end to the military draft.
I filibustered alone and with others to end the appropriations for the Vietnam War. Those are my credentials. I’ve been there and know how hard it is to oppose the majority of your peers - I hope you will take that into consideration when contemplating your vote for our next Senator from this great state.
I ask that you hold other candidates to the same standard. Political leaders who had the opportunity and the power to stop the Iraq war before it could get started and did nothing––allowed it to happen..
America's current political leadership must not continue to avoid the obvious: Our presence in Iraq exacerbates the problem. Eighty percent of Iraqis want American troops to leave their country, and 70% of Iraqis think it’s OK to kill American soldiers.
We made a grave mistake. We should have the courage to admit it. We must bring our troops home now––not 6 months from now, not a year from now––NOW! One more American death for “our vital interest” is not worth it. We all know “vital interest” is code for “oil.”
There are candidates running for office who will change this, such as Mayor Begich and Governor Dean. There are also candidates who won't - Ted Stevens, Don Young, John McCain, and Mike Bloomberg. Make sure to choose wisely this November.

October 8th
Meet and greet in Kasaan, Alaska
Rally in Metlakatla, Alaska
Townhall in Hydaburg, Alaska
Meet and greet in Wrangell, AK

October 9th
Rally in Petersburg, Alaska
Meet and greet in Kake, Alaska
Rally in Sitka, Alaska
Fundraiser in Sitka, Alaska

October 10th
Meet and greet in Angoon, Alaska
Rally in Juneau, Alaska
Meet and greet in Haines, Alaska
Townhall in Skagway, Alaska

American political leaders, including several presidential candidates, often boast of American exceptionalism. We are indeed a great nation, one that has made significant contributions to humanity. But our leaders are promoting delusional thinking when boasting that the United States and Americans are superior to the rest of the human race. We are no better and no worse.  Unfortunately, the United States is not number one with what counts.
There are only two industrialized nations in the world that do not provide health care for all their citizens: the United States and South Africa. Despite spending more per capita on health care than any other nation in the world, we rank 37th for overall health performance.
The United States ranks 49th in literacy. Time magazine reported last spring that 30% of our students don’t graduate from high school, condemning them to a diminished economic existence.
Of the Global Fortune 500 companies, only 50 are American. Wall Street and many corporate executives are awash in huge salaries and bonuses, yet the average American worker’s compensation grew only .1% in the last decade.
China, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan hold 40% of our government debt. Any one of these countries could throw the U.S. into an economic tailspin.
America’s political leadership is in denial as to the gravity and scope of our problems, viewing them almost exclusively from a national perspective. In fact, the major problems we face are all global in nature––energy, the environment, terrorism, drugs, war, immigration, disease, economic and cultural globalization. These problems require global solutions that can only be addressed by concerted diplomacy and cooperation, not jingoism about America’s Super Power superiority.
We need to elect leaders that realize that - leaders that will take action to correct those problems. Those leaders are there, and we do have an opportunity to elect them - my good friend, Governor Howard Dean, is running for President, I myself am running for Senate, and my other friend Mayor Begich of Anchorage is running for the US House. But we can't win without your support and your votes - but with your support, we can seek change.

October 11th
Meet and greet in Yakutat, Alaska
Rally in Cordova, Alaska
Townhall in Chitina, Alaska
Meet and greet in McCarthy, Alaska

October 12th
Meet and greet in Copper Center, Alaska
Townhall in Gakona, Alaska
Meet and greet in Slana, Alaska
Meet and greet in Paxson, Alaska

October 13th
Meet and greet in Glennallen, Alaska
Townhall in Palmer, Alaska
Rally in Wasilla, Alaska
Townhall in Talkeetna, Alaska
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #1476 on: May 27, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »

OOC: Hahahaha, NOW this is great.

I forgot to post endorsements in my last update! Here you have the endorsements for this week and the next one (you can request more by PM):

For Dean: former Governor Linwood Holton (R-VA), former Senator Charles Mathias (R-MD), former Representative Jim Leach (R-IA) and the Mountain Party (MP-WV).

For McCain: former Senator Zell Miller (D-GA) and former Representative Tim Penny (DFL-MN).

For Bloomberg: former Governor and Senator Lowell Weicker (I-CT), former Senator Lincoln Chafee (R-RI), former Governor Steve Merrill (R-NH), Representative Mary Bono Mack (R-CA) and Mayor Bobby Bright of Montgomery (I-AL).

For Nader: musician Jello Biafra (G-CO), actor Val Kilmer (D?-NM), Hawaii DP Chairman Brian Schatz (D-now-G-HI) and historian Howard Zinn (S-NY).
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1477 on: May 27, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »

IFILL: OK, this one is for all candidates, how will you help your Running mate as Vice President?  By that, what will you do in Washington.
"I will serve in whatever capacity that Mayor Bloomberg asks me. He tells me he wants and advisory partnership. With my foreign policy experience I shall meet with foreign leaders and attempt to broker trade deals and treaties. I will also work with the Senate to achieve compromises to the solutions of the problems Americans face. But I will tell you this, my role will not include dipping Mike in chocolate. Susan says that's just for her."

IFILL: This is for Mr Bayh and Mr Kucinich, why did you except this position?  It is very hard to win as a third party, so just explain why and how a third party can help Washington.
"The parties are moving farther and farther apart every day. These extremes that they continue to engage do not represent the views of America at large. Americans are tired of the, and excuse my language, Bull Sh!T coming out of Washington. They want someone new in there. They want someone who will stand for what they believe, but work across the aisle to achieve goals. Not just Democrats working with Democrats and Republicans working with Republicans. But American leaders working with American leaders. It's time for real Change. And Michael Bloomberg is that Change."

IFILL: This is for all Candidates, how will you deal with the partisanship in Washington, and why do you think that this exists now.
"The reason that such partisanship exists in Washington right now is not the fault of anyone by themselves. As much as I'd like to tie it to the failed policies of the White House, I can't. This huge rift really came about when the leaders that we elected to send to Washington decided that their ideological purifies were more important than getting things done. The Republicans moved further and further right, while the Democrats, to a lesser extent though, moved further left.

Mike Bloomberg and I will go to the Capitol building and meet with each member if Congress individually on January 21st, and we will talk to them. We won't push anything. We'll just talk. Because that's how ordinary Americans solve problems. They talk to each other and find common ground. Now hopefully, old Joe Biden won't keep us in there long, there are 535 Members of Congress. And you know how he loves to talk."

IFILL: Final question tonight, before your closing statements, starting with you, Senator Bayh. Can you think of a single issue -- and this is to cast light for people who are just trying to get to know you in your final debate, your only debate of this year -- can you think of a single issue, policy issue, in which you were forced to change a long-held view in order to accommodate changed circumstances?
"There is none. That's what's so great about being Independent; we don't demand ideological purity. We just ask for you to work with us to get something done. When I accepted this job, Mike told me two things.

1. He gets all the fun in the campaign trail and I get the retirement homes.
2. Don't change who you are to fit me. Be yourself.

That's who Mike is. That's who I am. Ad that's what we want for Washington. To be a place where it doesn't matter what you believe, just that you work to help ordinary Americans achieve the goal of the true American Dream. Then maybe one day, they'll be standing on this platform instead of us. But still not be as good looking as us."

IFILL: Now give your Closing Statements starting with Governor Pataki.
"I'd like to thank Congressman Kucinich, Senator Gravel, Governor Pataki, and Senator Murray in particular for taking the time out of her schedule of loving on chocolate covered Howard, to come and create a forum on the issues where every American can here our plans. Now, Michael Bloomberg and I have never been perfect men. As evidenced by the attacks by our opponents, we've made mistakes. And so has everyone, one of which is sitting in the White House right now, eating Zaxby's wings and counting his money.

Now we ask you for the chance to prove ourselves. We do not represent the Democratic or Republican Party. We represent Americans. We will fight for affordable Heath Insurance for every man woman and child, against the special interests. We will provide the Senate with Climate Change legislation to stop the rising of our oceans, and warming of our planet. We will cut our deficit, in a balanced way, so that we do not leave our children with an unsustainable debt load.

If you're tired of the same old thing, vote for Michael Bloomberg. If you're tired of of all the partisan bickering in Washington, vote for Michael Bloomberg. He has a plan, he'll use his plan, and you'll like his plan."
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1478 on: May 27, 2013, 07:39:33 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2013, 08:24:39 PM by Speaker Superique »

OOC: Looks like that Mr Gravel is trying to reduce my chances on Alaska! :/

All right! Now I'll have my owm surrogates! Who wants to be Jesse Ventura, Rocky Anderson, Noam Chomsky, Carol Moseley or Jello Biafra?

My polls claim: Georgia and Oregon.

I would like to ask the support of former Senator George McGovern and Michael Moore!

Buddy Roemer and Jimmy McMillan!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1479 on: May 28, 2013, 05:29:09 AM »

OOC: Looks like that Mr Gravel is trying to reduce my chances on Alaska! :/

All right! Now I'll have my owm surrogates! Who wants to be Jesse Ventura, Rocky Anderson, Noam Chomsky, Carol Moseley or Jello Biafra?

My polls claim: Georgia and Oregon.

I would like to ask the support of former Senator George McGovern and Michael Moore!

Buddy Roemer and Jimmy McMillan!

It'd have been better if you PMed me instead of posting that here. And I don't think there are many people interested on being surrogates, only the ones who had a role in this game... But if you find them, use them!

Oldies, you can be Pataki in the debate if you want to, because sooner than later Jerry will release his poll and you not taking part in the debate would have bad press...
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1480 on: May 28, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »

Hold on, I should have Pataki's debate answers up shortly.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1481 on: May 28, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »

Pataki Debate Answers
Question 2
Thank you, Gwen.  As Vice President, I will help Senator McCain in whatever way he asks me.  I hope to work with him to be a pragmatic, bipartisan voice in Washington DC, working with both sides of the aisle and considering their thoughts and concerns on the issues that face America today.  I will fight for my own causes as well, most importantly strengthening national security, an issue that I gained experience with as Governor of New York after 9/11.  And I won't be afraid to go against John McCain or my party when I think they're wrong.  Look, Gwen, our government is broken.  For too long now, doing what is good for America has taken a back seat to partisan politics, and Senator McCain and I hope to change that.

Question 4
Thanks again, Gwen.  There has been a partisan gridlock in Washington for decades now, and it largely stems from the fact that our leaders have become so blindly loyal to their party that they won't do what's best for America.  What Senator McCain and I want to do is bring people together on the issues we all agree on, rather than dividing ourselves by our disagreements.  We will listen to both sides of the aisle, and we will consider every side of an issue when steering the course for our policy.  Hillary Clinton infamously said about two years ago that Congress was being run like a plantation because opposing views were kept out of the discourse.  That's the kind of partisanship Senator McCain and I want to end.

Question 5
Thanks, Gwen.  I've been campaigning hard for Senator McCain and myself over the past few weeks.  In fact, I haven't been on the same stage with him since the convention.  I think I've used my weight well in this race, and I will continue to campaign across America to ensure that Senator McCain and I are elected on November 4th.  As governor of New York, I gained plenty of valuable experience that I will bring with me to Washington.  I cut taxes, established a comprehensive healthcare program for low incomes, and worked with Mayor Giuliani and others to lead New York City's recovery after the 9/11 attacks.  I believe that as vice president, I have the experience, bipartisanship, and leadership skills necessary for Senator McCain and I to govern effectively while sticking to basic conservative principles.

Question 6
Thank you, Gwen.  There have been plenty of areas where I've had to change my position or take a more cautious stance due to the circumstances.  As governor, I personally supported gay marriage, but I never openly supported any legislation on that front because I knew my party would oppose it in the legislature.  Until my last two years in office, none of our state budgets were adopted on time.  But as the people of New York became more unhappy with the way state business was run, I met with leaders of both parties in the state legislature to discuss the budget, and in my last two years in office, our budget was adopted on time.  That's the kind of leadership role I will take as vice president if necessary, and that's the kind of leadership role Senator McCain will take as well.

Closing Statement
Thank you, Gwen.  In a few weeks, you will have a choice to make, and the stakes could not be higher.  I believe Senator McCain and I know what it takes to serve and make a government work.  The other candidates in this race can talk about leadership, but they can't deliver.  We can go their way and support the failed policies of the past with reckless taxes and job-killing taxes and regulations, or we can go forward with the policies of the future with fiscal responsibility and limited government.  America, this is your choice to make, and I hope you choose well.  Thank you.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1482 on: May 28, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »

BTW: I hope to have my schedules up by sometime tomorrow.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1483 on: May 28, 2013, 06:04:56 PM »

BTW: I hope to have my schedules up by sometime tomorrow.

Dean and Nader should update, too. If you don't update this week, Bloomberg will get all the good press, just what he needs after a strong debate performance... Update soon, guys! Jerry will release his post-debate poll today.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1484 on: May 28, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2013, 06:22:15 PM by JerryArkansas »

Hello, I'm Wolf Blitzer and we at CNN would like to announce who the American People thought won the Vp Debate.

Pataki 29%

Bayh 29%

Murray 26%

Kucinich 16%

Margin of Error 3%

Wow, it looks like it is a three way tie in who won the Debate.  This should really help all of the campaigns in this close race for the White house.  These results just show how close this race really is.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1485 on: May 28, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »

So in other words, I won. Pataki himself wasn't even there. I'll take the win dawg.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1486 on: May 28, 2013, 06:31:20 PM »

Official Statement from Michael Bloomberg

I am very proud of Senator Bayh's debate performance last night, and for the second straight debate, we declare victory. With each passing day, more and more Americans are becoming fed up with the two-party state in Washington. Americans are tired of the divisiveness and partisan politics, and are ready for leadership who answer to them, not special interest groups and party bosses.

Evan Bayh and I represent that type of leadership, and with the momentum clearly behind our campaign, are excited at the prospect of leading this nation in a new, positive direction. It's time that we believe again in America.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1487 on: May 28, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »

Governor Dean's Campaign Schedule, October 7th-13th:

October 7th:

-Meet & Greet in Taylor, Michigan
-Rally in Dearborn, Michigan
-Rally in Detroit, Michigan

"Detroit used to be the shining star of the Great Lakes, where the American economy turned on its axis. But now this city's come under tough times. That's no thanks to the policies backed by Bush, McCain, and Bloomberg which give tax incentives to outsource jobs. T I won't stand for that as president. We need incentives to build right here, not over there, and we need to support what industry is left to protect current workers and, in the long run, have more "Help Wanted" signs up outside factory windows."

October 8th:

-Fundraiser in Detroit, Michigan
-Rally in Ann Arbor, Michigan
-Rally in Lansing, Michigan with Gov. Jennifer Granholm

"If we want to get Michigan working again, if we want to get America working again, we need the duo that's stood for worker's rights, for American industry, and against corporate greed. We need Howard Dean and Patty Murray in the White House if we want recovery!"

October 9th:

-Rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan
-Meet & Greet in Kalamazoo, Michigan
-Rally in Ann Arbor, Michigan

October 10th:

-Flight to Missouri
-Rally in St. Louis, Missouri
-Fundraiser in Florissant, Missouri

October 11th:

-Meet & Greet in Bowling Green, Missouri
-Rally in Columbia, Missouri with Senator Claire McCaskill
-Meet & Greet in Jefferson City, Missouri

"It's great to be out here on the campaign trail, and it'll be even better when I can work with Governor Dean in Washington! He did an excellent job in Vermont, where he invested in health care while balancing eleven budgets. No matter what you've heard, that's the kind of quality work we need in the White House, and that's why I'll be proud to stand with Missouri in electing Howard Dean next month!"

October 12th:

-Rally in Cape Girardeau, Missouri
-Meet & Greet in Kennett, Missouri
-Rally in Jonesboro, Arkansas

October 13th:

-Rally in West Memphis, Arkansas
-Meet & Greet in Brinkley, Arkansas
-Rally in Little Rock, Arkansas with Governor Mike Beebe

"As a fellow governor, I see eye to eye with Howard Dean when he talks about the work he did in his state. We've faced the same challenges; how do we keep our fiscal house in order while investing where we need to to help our state? In Vermont, Howard tackled that issue excellently, and I think he'll do the same as our President."
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1488 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

Bayh Schedule for Week of October 7th
"What our campaign did last night we can and will do again. We showed the establishment that we ain't done yet. We beat or tied the two parties in the debate! If I have my way, Patty and Howard will be dipping each other in chocolate in Vermont. Not Washington! Now I'd like to announce I'll be going on a Rust-Belt Tour, highlighting the problems brought about by Democratic-Republican Policies and how we'll fix them."- Sen. Bayh

10/7/2008
-Rally in Pittsburgh, PA
-Town Hall in West Philly, PA
-Rally in Erie, PA
-Town Hall in Reading, PA

10/8/2008
-Flight to Ohio
-Town Hall in Akron, OH
-Rally in Toledo, OH
-GOTV Rally in Dayton, OH
"Nice to meet you. I'm gonna let you know, if elected, I will not be dipping Mike in chocolate."

10/9/2008
-Flight to Michigan
-Town Hall in Ann Arbor, MI
-Town Hall in Battle Creek, MI
-Meet and Greet in Flint, MI
-Rally in Detroit, MI

10/10/2008
-Flight to Indiana
-Rally in Gary, IN
-Town Hall in Carmel, IN
-Rally in Indianapolis, IN
-Rally in Terre Haute, IN
"It's great to have the boys on the trail with me. Susan, not so much. She gets mood swings. But you know what's great about that? The Bloomberg/Bayh Health Care Plan covers pre-existing conditions and will provide medication for it!"

10/11/2008
-Flight to Illinois
-Rally in Aurora, IL
-Town Hall in Joilet, IL
-Rally in Chicago, IL
-Town Hall in Cicero, IL

10/12/2008
-Flight to Wisconsin
-Rally in Appleton, WI
-Town Hall in Janesville, WI
-Rally in Kenosha, WI
"If you want a President who will balance the budget, and provide affordable Health care, then Mike is your man. If you want a President who'll ban Cheese, Howard's your man. Well, he wouldn't necessarily ban it. But it'd be almost as bad. Vote Bloomberg/Bayh in 2008."

10/13/2008
-Flight to Minnesota
-Rally in Rochester, MN
-Rally in Duluth, MN
-Town Hall in Bloomington, MN

BAYH: "I've got one thing to say to Washington. To Governor Dean and to Senator McCain. 8 is Enough! For 8 years, Republicans have burned this country, and Democrats have let 'em do it. 8 is Enough! 8 years of hyper-partisanship and low results."
CROWD: "8 is Enough!"
BAYH: "To years of War and turmoil."
CROWD: "8 Is Enough!"
BAYH: "To years of rising deficits and soaring unaccountability."
CROWD: "8 Is Enough! 8 Is Enough! 8 Is Enough!"
BAYH: "You're right on the money. 8 is enough. 8 years of weak Democrats and crazy Republicans. Who cares about your families futures? There is one campaign. One man. Mike Bloomberg."
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1489 on: May 28, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »

Lincoln Chaffee Endorses Bloomberg!

The former Senator joined Mayor Bloomberg at a rally in Providence

For multiple elections, Rhode Island has been ignored by the major party candidates. 2008 saw a change to that - Michael Bloomberg has invested time, energy, and resources into winning this state, and it's nice to see our state isn't being ignored as usual.

Several months ago, Mayor Bloomberg was polling in the teens, with little chance of winning. Yet, determined and fighting hard, he climbed his way up, and now, the American people have a real opportunity to say no to the two-party system. It's this type of determination and hard work that Mike has shown his whole life, and it's exactly what we need in the White House right now!

Bono Mack Endorses Bloomberg!

Congresswoman Bono Mack endorses Bloomberg

I have great admiration for Senator McCain and Governor Pataki. But right now, particularly in California, we need to do whatever it takes to keep Governor Dean out of the White House, and I think our best bet is a vote for Michael Bloomberg. He's the one thing keeping Governor Dean from taking our fifty-five electoral votes. Without us, Dean's chances of reaching the necessary electoral votes is nearly impossible.

I found it somewhat surprising to see several Republicans endorsing Governor Dean this week. Governor Dean has spent years demonizing Republicans, making petty, immature attacks. He even went as far as to say he hated Republicans. Nearly one-third of Americans identify themselves as Republicans - how can we expect Governor Dean to represent us when he's made such hateful attacks on us?

Quite frankly, I'm disgusted by Governor Dean's record as DNC, and I think others should be as well. We need a President who can unite us, not bring further division. That's why I support Mayor Bloomberg and Senator Bayh, and I urge my fellow Republicans, as well as Independents and Democrats who are ready for real change, to do the same.

Bloomberg shines on Hannity

Hannity: Mayor Bloomberg, what would you say the state of the race is right now?
Bloomberg: Well, as each day progresses, I'm growing more and more optimistic. We're drawing large crowds, we have a great grassroots campaign going. Endorsements are flowing in, and both Senator Bayh and myself have held our own in the debates. I think we stand a real chance at winning.
Hannity: There will be a foreign policy debate coming up, and no doubt, your opponents may criticize your lack of experience. How do you plan to rebuttal?
Bloomberg: Sean, I know that when it comes to foreign policy, Senator McCain has more experience than any of the other candidates. However, I think you have to look at the policies behind the candidates, and that's where you see errors in the candidates. I originally supported the Iraq war, but it has continued on with little progress being made, yet both President Bush and Senator McCain continue to vigorously support it. I don't, and as President, I will end the Iraq War.

We have to ask ourselves: Are we safer now than we were eight years ago? I don't think the War on Terror has been overly successful, and I think we live in a much more dangerous world than we used to. America's image across the world has declined - as President, I hope to restore it. I'm proud to have the endorsement of former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and if elected, I plan to use his advice, along with my Vice President and others, to steer our nation's foreign policy back in a positive direction.
Hannity: What will your campaign's strategy be going forward?
Bloomberg: We still have a lot of states on the radar, from Wyoming to Delaware. We're not going to focus on a state or two, but continue our national strategy. We have support coming from all corners, whether it be from Alabama, where we just picked up the support of Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright, or here in the Northeast, where I think we stand an excellent chance at winning a majority of states, particularly the electoral prizes of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. I'm excited to continue campaigning these last few weeks - I think we stand a real shot.
Hannity: Thank you for appearing this evening. Best of luck to you!

OOC

SPIDERMAN ENDORSES BLOOMBERG

I've kept my city safe for years - America needs a President who will keep us safe. I've known the Mayor for years, and have even saved his life before. This dude would make one helluva President. If you like Spiderman, you should like Bloomberg too!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1490 on: May 28, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »

TV Ad: Your Voice

Mayor Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, focusing on his independent record. It will run in the following states:

Bloomberg: Look at American politics today. We have members of the establishment running on both sides, folks who have contributed to the problems in Washington, not solve them.

America needs a new kind of leadership, one void of the partisanship. I'm an Independent, and I'm ready to work across the aisle with both sides to get things done. I'm Michael Bloomberg, and I approve of this message, and as President, I will be your voice.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #1491 on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2013, 09:39:50 PM by IBDD »

Jim Matheson(Bloomberg Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: October 7th - 13th

October 7th: Campaigning with Mike Bloomberg
Meet and Greet - Fort Collins, Colorado
Campaign Rally - Cheyenne, Wyoming
Town Hall Meeting - Laramie, Wyoming
Appearance on Live with Regis and Kelly

October 8th: Campaigning with Mike Bloomberg
Meet and Greet - Sunrise Manor, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Campaign Rally - Las Vegas, Nevada
Town Hall Meeting - Enterprise, Nevada

October 9th:
Meet and Greet - Dickinson, North Dakota
Town Hall Meeting - Bismark, North Dakota
Town Hall Meeting - Jamestown, North Dakota

October 10th:
Meet and Greet - Aberdeen, South Dakota
Town Hall Meeting - Watertown, South Dakota
Campaign Rally - Sioux Falls, South Dakota

October 11th:
Pancake Breakfast - Fremont, Nebraska
Campaign Rally - Omaha, Nebraska
Town Hall Meeting - Omaha, Nebraska
Opening of New Campaign Office - Omaha, Nebraska

Omaha, you have something unique about you - this city has it's very own vote in the electoral college. Regardless of how this state votes, Omaha alone can send a vote to any candidate. Mike is already polling strong here, and I know we have a presence. I urge you all to do what you can - talk to your friends and neighbors, and let's help Mike win Nebraska's 2nd district! Other candidates may have forgotten about these Great Plains states, but the Bloomberg campaign hasn't!

October 12th:
Meet and Greet - Omaha, Nebraska
Speech at University of Nebraska - Lincoln, Nebraska
Town Hall Meeting - St. Joseph, Missouri

October 13th:
Resting
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1492 on: May 28, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »

TV Ad: The One

Mayor Bloomberg has released the following television advertisement, focusing on his record as Mayor. It will run in the following states:

Blanche Lincoln: Hi, I'm Blanche Lincoln, Senator from Arkansas and former Presidential candidate. I support Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh because both of them have a record of getting things done.

As Mayor, Michael Bloomberg cut wasteful spending and turned a five billion dollar deficit into a four billion dollar surplus. He focused on improving the quality of education and making health care affordable for all. And he did this by working across the aisle, something we see little of in Washington D.C.

Bloomberg: I'm Michael Bloomberg -  I'll be a President for all of America, not just one region or party. I humbly ask for your vote on November 4th.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1493 on: May 28, 2013, 10:58:20 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2013, 12:33:40 PM by JerryArkansas »

Blanche Lincoln(Bloomberg Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: October 7th - 13th

October 7th:
Meet and Greet - Little Rock, Arkansas
Rally at Cliton Center - Little Rock, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - North Little Rock, Arkansas

October 8th:
Meet and Greet - Sherwood, Arkansas
Meet and Greet - Jacksonville, Arkansas
Campaign Rally - Cabot, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - Beebe, Arkansas

October 9th:
Meet and Greet - Searcy, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - Baldknob, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - Newport, Arkansas

October 10th:
-Rest

October 11th:
Pancake Breakfast - Bono, Arkansas
Campaign Rally - Jonesboro, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - Brookland, Arkansas
Opening of New Campaign Office - Paragould, Arkansas

Jonesboro, You are a great city, you have been a focus of our state for a long time, and you are the center of job growth in this part of the state.  If you, the people want to keep making jobs, keep on this path of growth, you need to vote for Bloomberg, he will provide job programs to help the parts of this state which are hurting from the polices of Bush.

October 12th:
Meet and Greet - Jonesboro, Arkansas
Speech at University of Arkansas, Jonesboro, Arkansas
Town Hall Meeting - Blythevile, Arkansas

October 13th:
Meet and Greet-Marion, Arkansas
Meet and Greet-West Memphis, Arkansas
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1494 on: May 29, 2013, 07:01:09 AM »

Nader and McCain, I'll have an update for today.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1495 on: May 29, 2013, 12:46:03 PM »

Could you want a little bit please?
I may post a little bit later!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1496 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:20 PM »

if you want, i could do your schedule for you 

That would be really helpful. I'm at school now :/

Week 16 - Hawaii going Green
October 7th

Meet & Greet in Honolulu, HI
Meet & Greet in Honolulu, HI with Brian Schatz

Fundraising Event in Honolulu, HI with Brian Schatz

October 8th

Town Hall in Honolulu, HI with Brian Schatz

October th
Meet & Greet in Hilo, HI with Brian Schatz
Meet & Greet in Hilo, HI with Brian Schatz

October 10th

Town Hall in San Francisco, California

October 11th

Meeting with students in the University of California – Berkeley, California
New Campaign Headquarters – Berkeley, Ca

October 12th

Meet & Greet in San Jose, Ca
Door to Door in San Jose, Ca
Meet & Greet in San Jose, Ca

October 13th

Meet & Greet in Oakland, Ca
Meet & Greet in Oakland, Ca
Town hall with in Oakland, Ca
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1497 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28:43 PM »

Johnny, the update is coming.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: May 29, 2013, 06:43:02 PM »

So, Kucinich, Murray, Pataki and McCain haven't released their schedules...

... Michael Bloomberg likes this.

I'll let you update tonight, but of course it won't have the same effects of Dean and Bloomberg posts Sad

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1499 on: May 29, 2013, 07:02:46 PM »

October 7th
Meet & Greet in Honolulu, HI
Fundraising Event in Honolulu, HI with Brian Schatz