2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 02:54:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152548 times)
Incipimus iterum
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »
« edited: November 18, 2012, 12:02:59 AM by Idaho Blue Dog Dem »

Jim Matheson Campaign Schedule

October 8, 2007
-Flys to Omaha, Nebraska
-Holds a Rally With Senator Ben Nelson in Omaha, Nebraska
-Flys to Las Vegas Nevada
October 9, 2007
-Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Rally in Reno, Nevada
-Appearence on Countdown With Keith Olbermann
Flys to Anchorage, Alaska
October 10, 2007
-Townhall in Anchorage, Alaska
-Flys to Honolulu, Hawaii
-Fundraiser in Honolulu, Hawaii
October 11, 2007
-Fly's to Denver, Colorado
-Rally in Denver, Colorado
-Fundraiser in Denver Colorado
-Flys to Nashua, New Hampshire
October 12, 2007
-Townhall In Nashua, New Hampshire
-Rally In Manchester New Hampshire
Opens up a Campaign Headquarters in Manchester, New Hampshire
October 13, 2007
-Townhall in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Fundraiser in Concord, New Hampshire
-Rally in Concord new Hampshire
October 14, 2007
-Opens up Headquarters in Concord New Hampshire
-Rally in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
-Meet and Greet in Hillsborough, New Hampshire
Endorsements:
Matheson was Endorsed by Senator Max Baucus of Montana, Governor Dave Freudenthal of Wyoming, and Governor Bill Ritter of Colorado all of them Citing His Ability to work with both parties as a reason for Supporting him
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »

ATTENTION STARTING NEXT TURN YOU CAN NO LONGER PM ME FOR ENDORSEMENTS, THEY WILL COME FROM GOOD NEWS STORIES BASED ON THE RANDOM NUMBER

My inbox is exploding Wink
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »

ATTENTION STARTING NEXT TURN YOU CAN NO LONGER PM ME FOR ENDORSEMENTS, THEY WILL COME FROM GOOD NEWS STORIES BASED ON THE RANDOM NUMBER

My inbox is exploding Wink

Yeah these endorsements are getting ridiculous. There's no way everybody and his uncle would be endorsing one week into the race IRL.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

Dem map is up.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »

October 8, 2007
-Resting and Recovering from Flu in Columbia, SC
October 9, 2007
-Resting and Recovering from Flu in Columbia, SC
October 10, 2007
-Morning Radio appearances on Charleston, SC and Columbia, SC radio stations
-Fly to Clearwater, FL
-Meet and Greet in Clearwater, FL
-Meet and Greet in Sarasota, FL
-Private Fundraiser in Tampa Bay, FL
-Fly to Des Moines, Iowa
October 11, 2007
-Morning TV interviews with Des Moines local TV Stations
-Rally with Congressman Tom Latham in Fort Dodge, Iowa

"Today, I give my proud endorsement in Governor Mark Sanford. Mark is a man that I know and trust, and with your support, together he will help build a better America."
-Private Fundraiser with Rep. Tom Latham in Ames, Iowa
October 12, 2007
-Fly to Manchester, NH
-Opening of State Campaign Headquarters in Manchester, NH
-Brainstorming at New Hampshire Campaign HQ
-Rally in Concord, NH
October 13, 2007
-Meet and Greet in Belmont, NH
-Meet and Greet in Franklin, NH
-Meet and Greet in New Hampton, NH
-Interviews with Local TV Stations for evening news
-Fly to Memphis, TN
October 14, 2007
-Meetings in Memphis, Tennessee with local party officials
-Speech in Germantown, Tennessee
-Fly to Des Moines, Iowa

Debate

1. The first thing I would do in my first 100 days in office is work to reduce the deficit and cut unnecessary and irresponsible spending from our Government. I would also set on reducing the corporate tax, and work with my cabinet to make sure that we turn our manufacturing sector around, by making it easier to start and grow businesses in our country. With this American hope and spirit, we make the American Dream that I and other have achieved possible for the next generation of Americans.

2. I would look for justices who fit three criteria. One, I would need people who have experience on the bench and the courtroom. I'm not going to be giving Supreme Court Nominations out like political appointments, but instead as appointments meant for the best justices in our legal system. Two, I would look for justices who stick to their principles. I want justices who don't fight for whatever other people want them to believe, but what they believe in. And three, I would look for men and women who respect the Constitution and believe that the purpose of government isn't to give free handouts to people, but to maintain order and help build a better America for all Americans.

3. Well, I think my greatest weakness is that sometimes I am torn between standing strictly on my principles and learning to compromise. However, I understand that as President, you lead a country, not a city or state and you must find a happy medium between sticking to your beliefs and compromising in a beneficial, respectable way.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2012, 02:05:40 AM »

Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack endorses Senator Clinton!

"If there is one person who has the right qualities to be a great president that's the brilliant Hillary Clinton."

October 8, 2007

- Resting in Las Vegas with Bill

October 9, 2007

- Fly to Iowa, barnstorming with Governor Vilsack, later hold dinner for Iowa Democrats

October 10, 2007

- Travel around Iowa going door to door with Bill and Tom.

October 11, 2007

- Fly into New Hampshire hold rally in Franklin
- Press conference referencing web failure and investment in technology as major Clinton policy.

October 12, 2007

- Fly into Columbia SC
- Barnstorming across South Carolina

October 13, 2007

- Door to door in South Carolina
- Fly into Los Angeles

October 14, 2007

- Meet with Californian Democrats
- Interview with Barbara Walters on 20/20
- Fundraiser with Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosting.

Knives
solopop
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2012, 03:18:08 AM by Solopop »

1. What would you primarily push for right after being inaugurated?

I hate to sound like a broken record but, Bush has left us in a mess. We have troops all across the globe being killed daily, we have an economy on the brink of utter annihilation and we have countless Americans out of work and out of money. For me, we need to repeal the Bush Tax cuts and use the saved money to save the economy and invest in sectors that will create jobs sectors that have been ignored in favor of the big business who post billion dollar profits, I'm talking about our farmers, our small business owners we need to invest in American technology I want by 2020 all American's to be driving renewable energy cars and have there homes powered by wind, solar and others renewable sources so we can end our reliance on foreign oil. We need a new health care system in which all American's are covered and shown a bit of love by their government. We need an education that works for all we need to invest heavily in literacy because if you can't read, how can you work? And ultimately, we need to end the divide between Americans no matter whether you're Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Gay, Straight, Disabled, Young, Old, Rich or Poor we much remember we are Americans and we need to stand together and President Bush has failed us so far.

2. What is your ideal Supreme Court Nominee?

We need equal representation of male and females on the Supreme Court so a female, I unlike Ms Winfrey don't see the color of someones skin as an influencing factor because as far as I'm concerned you're either male, female or transgender your skin color doesn't matter.

3. What is your greatest weakness. (Being honest is better than saying "nothing is my weakness")

I hate to say it but I can be very opinionated and unfortunately rude when I know what is going to happen isn't for the best and some people say that I can be scary, but that can be good I guess. Hahaha.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2012, 02:58:33 AM »

Walters: Thank you for being with me today Mrs Clinton.
Clinton: It's alright, I've really been looking forward to answering your questions.
Walters: Then I guess we should begin, I'll begin with a tough one, you've often been called a 'bitch' why do you think this is so?
Clinton: I think when some people see a strong women who knows what she wants and knows why she wants it, the get intimidated and instead of calling me strong willed and opinionated they'd resort to an easier term which unfortunately is bitch. Not much I can do about it.

*** 20 minutes later ***

Walters: Before we go, if you saw Monica Lewinsky today in the street, what would you say to her?
Clinton: Nothing, I have nothing to say to her. Bill and I got past our problems we sorted them out and fixed them and that's what I'll do for America.
Walters: You've been a pure joy, Mrs Clinton.
Clinton: Call me Hillary.
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2012, 03:16:12 AM by MrMittens »

Mitt Romney Campaign schedule October 8th-14th

October 8, 2007
- Speech at Des Moines, Iowa
- Barnstorm in Ames, Iowa

October 9, 2007
- Fundraiser in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Rally in Concord, NH
- Speech in Grand Rapids, MI

October 10, 2007
-Rally in Detroit, MI
-Barnstorming in Ann Arbor, MI
-Rally in Reno, NV

October 11, 2007
-Speech in Carson City, NV
-Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA

October 12, 2007
-Speech in Tampa, FL
-Rally in Miami, FL

October 13, 2007
-Fundraiser in New York City, NY
-Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor

October 14, 2007
-Rally in Denver, CO
-Barnstorming in Charleston, SC
-Rally in Columbia

Romney at Miami Rally
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:23 AM »

OOC: I doubt Hillary would use the term "bitch" in public, though I understand the point your trying to make Wink.
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:36 AM »

Debate (Mitt Romney's answers)

1. Well thankyou, and I'd like to thank my opponents here today. Well my first priority is to balance the budget. We are still spending too much of the taxpayers money on expensive and needless projects. My second priority is achieving energy independence for the United States. So my main message of this campaign is Making America Stronger.

2. Well I'm not gonna dole out appointments on the basis of political whims. I want the best people on that court, but also ones who will be neutral and impartial. We can't have judges making the law anymore.

3. My greatest weakness is, in my opinion, I have compromised too much. But I promise as President I will be a firm, but fair, supporter of conservative principles.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »

John McCain's Debate Answers

1. First, and most importantly, I will ban earmarks and crack down on porkbarrel spending.  There is way too much money wasted on pet projects, and it should not be there.  Starting with my first day in office, I will push to stop wasteful spending.  I will also call for an extension of all the tax rates established by the Bush tax cuts.  Finally, I will ask Congress to move toward energy independence, including offshore drilling and investing in wind, solar, and other renewable energy sources.

2. While the Consitution is largely a product of its time, and judges need to recognize that, I do not believe that it is the role of judges to legislate from the bench.  I will make judicial appointments based on qualifications and my confidence that they will interpret the law as written.

3. Perhaps my greatest weakness is my support of campaign finance reform and comprehensive immigration reform, which has alienated me from much of my party's base.  But as president, I will make sure to fight for American values both at home and abroad.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

Joe Biden's debate answers:

I would try as hard as I damn well can to end the war in Iraq. President Bush has left us a total mess, and a complete failure, and America's national interests are not being served the way Americans want. People want their kids to have better futures. They don't want four more years of failed Republican policies.

The Supreme Court is in somewhat of a predicament right now. We've got five justices who vote one way and four justices who vote the other way, and the Court's quickly becoming a partisan bloc that exists solely to advance the interests of whoever appointed the justices. If I could have a justice to nominate, I'd pick someone who knows what the law is, what a fair justice system is, and who knows how to apply the law and not their own personal views.

3. What is your greatest weakness. (Being honest is better than saying "nothing is my weakness")

Well, you know me. Sometimes things don't come out the right way, you know what I mean?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »

Breaking news,

Today, at a rally in Hell, Michigan, Jesus Christ endorsed John Thune for President...

I've known John since before he was even conceived in the back of that Ford...yes John, you were an accident. Senator Thune is a great man, with a great soul, and we need him to lead this nation forward. While I am not a registered voter, I encourage all of you that are to vote JOHN THUNE for President!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

Joe Biden '08 Campaign Schedule: 10/7/08-10/14/08

Day 1:
-Announcement of Candidacy! Yay!
-Rally in Delaware

Day 2:
-Fly out to Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Barnstorming in IA

Day 3:
-Rallies in Rapid City, IA and Sioux Falls, IA
-Townhall in Ames, IA

Day 4:
-Fly out to South Carolina
-Barnstorming in SC
-Rally in Charleston, SC

Day 5:
Rally in Columbia, SC
Rally in Mt. Pleasant, SC
Townhall in North Charleston, SC

Day 6:
-Fly back to Iowa
-Barnstorming in IA
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA

Day 7:
-Townhall in Des Moines, IA
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »

Mike Gravel Campaign Schedule

October 8, 2007
- Campaign kick-off in Manchester with State Legislators Steve Vaillancourt and Joel Winters (endorsement)
- Nashua rally with Gov. John Lynch (endorsement)
-Freeport meet & greet with Gov. John Baldacci (endorsement)

October 9, 2007
-Meeting with NRA and Gun Owners of America - possible endorsement
-Major DC fundraiser with endorsements Sen. Russ Feingold, Sen. Jon Tester, and Sen. Jim Webb, as well as Sen. Gordon Smith and Sen. Olympia Snowe to emphasize Gravel's ability to work with Republicans.

October 10, 2007
-Appearance on 20/20
-Appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

October 11, 2007
-Appearance on Good Morning America
-Meeting with ACLU in NYC
-Appearance on The Colbert Report

October 12, 2007
-Second major DC fundraiser with endorsements: Rep. Mike Arcuri, Rep. Paul Hodes, Rep. Tim Penny, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Rep. Rubén Hinojosa, Rep. G. K. Butterfield, and Rep. Mike Thompson.
-Meeting with (seeking endorsement) National Stonewall Democrats and Democratic Freedom Caucus
-Meeting with Nick Gillespie for interview in Reason.

October 13, 2007
-Appearance with Twin Falls County Commission candidate Randy Carpenter in Twin Falls, Idaho
-Appearance with Congressional candidates Larry Grant and Walt Minnick in Boise, Idaho
-Appearance with Gov. Bill Richardson (endorsement) in Elko, Nevada

October 14, 2007
-Appearance with former Gov. John Kitzhaber (endorsement) in Eugene, Oregon
-Appearance with Attorney General Jerry Brown (endorsement) in San Francisco
-Interview with Gene Burns for his radio show on KGO.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 01:21:15 PM »

Oprah Winfrey Campaign Schedule

Oct 8
Speech on the National Mall, Washington DC
Meet with Democratic leaders

Oct 9
Meet students at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Dinner with Democratic SC state legislators and party officials

Oct 10
Town Hall in Athens, GA
Speech/Rally in Atlanta, GA

Oct 11
Set up Florida HQ in Miami, FL
Rally in Fort Lauderdale
Meeting and dinner with press at Winfrey's Fisher Island house

Oct 12
Rest

Oct 13
Rally in Orlando, FL
Town Hall in Gainesville, FL
Rally in Jacksonville, FL

Oct 14
Visit Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts (partly funded by Winfrey's donations) in New Orleans, LA
Give a speech criticizing President Bush's handling of Katrina
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

My primary push after my inauguration would be to take our troops out of Iraq immediately, and move aggressively toward a diplomatic solution between the UN, the European and Asian communities, and regional powers, to help end the civil war in Iraq and establish stability in the region. I also believe we, with our allies, regional powers, and the UN, must sponsor direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, with the goal of a two-state solution. We also must end the Military Commissions Act of 2006 and outlaw torture against detainees.

My ideal Supreme Court nominee is one that would uphold the Constitution and all our civil liberties, from a prohibition on torture (cruel and unusual punishment) to the protection of our 2nd Amendment rights as well.

I am in my 70s, and we've never inaugurated a President in their 70s before; Reagan was 69. I know some people will raise questions of my age, saying I won't live through a full term. But  in my opinion, well, it's pretty clear Washington is in great need of adult supervision right now, so maybe age isn't such a bad thing after all.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »

Endorsing is now paused except in the news.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 02:08:37 PM »

Breaking news,

Today, at a rally in Hell, Michigan, Jesus Christ endorsed John Thune for President...

I've known John since before he was even conceived in the back of that Ford...yes John, you were an accident. Senator Thune is a great man, with a great soul, and we need him to lead this nation forward. While I am not a registered voter, I encourage all of you that are to vote JOHN THUNE for President!
Are you serious?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »

Breaking news,

Are you serious?
Making an example of just how ridiculous this has gotten with the endorsements.

On October 10th, Senator Thune withdrew from the race due to health concerns.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »

Congressman Matheson Calls Senator Thune and Wishes him to get better
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »

Mitt Romney does likewise.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »

Newt Gingrich also calls Senator Thune to wish him well.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »

Newt Gingrich also calls Senator Thune to wish him well.

Senator Lincoln would like to wish the Thune family good wishes at this time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies