2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:56:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 82
Author Topic: 2008 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 152378 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: June 26, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »

LOL, I got 11% in Idaho without campaigning there and just go 10% in Oregon. 10% of Oregon is much bigger than 11% of Idaho although.

Damn it! We almost got 4 votes on Hawaii!

Yes, you got 11% in Idaho because democrats in that state felt that their vote was useless anyway and decided to vote for the true progressive in the race. That's why you overperformed in Wyoming and North Dakota (a state you visited once), too.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1776 on: June 26, 2013, 09:36:53 PM »

OOC: It is time to a concession speech and supporting every single recount, just like third parties like to do! Every vote should be counted after all!

Thank you everyone that made this game have an end! hahah
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1777 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »

Statement from the Bloomberg Campaign

Michael Bloomberg will be speaking to a crowd momentarily. In the meantime, we would like to announce that the Bloomberg campaign will officially be requesting a recount in Pennsylvania, California, Michigan, and North Carolina. While we believe the results are very close in a few other states we lost in, we believe the margin is simply too big to overcome, and will not waste any taxpayer money on a recount there.

Overall, we are very encouraged by tonight's results - the American people have spoken tonight, and they want Michael Bloomberg and Evan Bayh to lead this country for the next four years. Now it is our hope that the system, whether a winner is determined through the Electoral College or the House of Representatives, respects the will of the American people.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1778 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

When did I visited North Dakota? =/
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1779 on: June 26, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2013, 09:48:38 PM by Senator Snowstalker »

Statement from the Dean Campaign:

We are overjoyed with the results tonight. Despite predictions of a landslide for Michael Bloomberg, we have come out with an electoral vote plurality which we expect to hold even after recounts. Though the final outcome of this election remains uncertain, Democrats have made large gains gains at the federal, state, and local levels, showing that Americans desire a change of course from the past eight years.

We are formally requesting recounts in the states of Arizona, Michigan, New York, North Dakota, and Mississippi.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1780 on: June 26, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »

OOC: Who predicted a Bloomberg landslide??
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1781 on: June 26, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »

OOC: Who predicted a Bloomberg landslide??
I must concur. We were exactly tied in the last poll.

Dean/Murray               32% (-1) 68 EVs
Bloomberg/Bayh         32% (+3) 52 EVs
McCain/Pataki             26% (-3) 73 EVs
Nader/Kucinich             7% (+2)
Undecided                    3% (-1) 345 EVs

[0-4%) lead --> Toss-up (yellow)
[4-6%) lead --> 30% color
[6-10%) lead --> 60% color
[>10%) lead --> 90% color
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1782 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »

OOC: Perhaps "landslide" is the wrong term, but you were clearly gaining momentum and ran a fine campaign. Honestly I'm surprised I held all of the pink states.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1783 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »

OOC: Perhaps "landslide" is the wrong term, but you were clearly gaining momentum and ran a fine campaign. Honestly I'm surprised I held all of the pink states.
TBH, you really picked up and rand great the last few weeks. Your VP may have hurt more than helped though, but I'm still kinda bitter about being skipped over at Convention.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1784 on: June 27, 2013, 07:52:03 AM »

TBH, you really picked up and rand great the last few weeks. Your VP may have hurt more than helped though, but I'm still kinda bitter about being skipped over at Convention.

He ran a very good campaign, but I think Bloomberg was better this time. Dean had a clear EV advantadge from the beginning, he was actually very concerned about winning the popular vote but being a distant 2nd on EVs. It didn't happen. And with recounts, he can even take the 1st place.

What I don't know is what I will do with republican faithless electors... Now that McCain has endorsed Bloomberg, what will his electors do? What do you think? They are supposed to vote for McCain, even if he doesn't want to, right?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1785 on: June 27, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »

He ran a very good campaign, but I think Bloomberg was better this time. Dean had a clear EV advantadge from the beginning, he was actually very concerned about winning the popular vote but being a distant 2nd on EVs. It didn't happen. And with recounts, he can even take the 1st place.

What I don't know is what I will do with republican faithless electors... Now that McCain has endorsed Bloomberg, what will his electors do? What do you think? They are supposed to vote for McCain, even if he doesn't want to, right?

Well, they could always vote for a former candidate from the Primaries... (And Gingrich's ego could use some Electoral Votes)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1786 on: June 27, 2013, 10:34:12 AM »

Well, they could always vote for a former candidate from the Primaries... (And Gingrich's ego could use some Electoral Votes)
I think the majority of them would eventually go to Bloomberg, but yeah, I can also see some going to Gingrich or Hagel.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1787 on: June 27, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

I think that they should go for Mccain and Blomberg, depending on how much Mccain won the state.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1788 on: June 27, 2013, 11:58:03 AM »

Michael Bloomberg Speech

Good evening!

Thank you New York City, and Thank you America!

Wow...as expected, it has been a very long night, and much has yet to be decided. But tonight, my friends, we declare victory!

Today, millions of Americans headed to the polls, and they sent a clear message that they are tired of the partisan politics in Washington. While we don't know the exact numbers yet, at least four in every ten Americans voted for a third-party, and we have won the popular vote!!!

I want to give a special thanks right now to my wife, who has stood by me throughout, along with my two daughters. I want to thank everyone who has been working on this campaign, from my terrific campaign managers to our grassroots volunteers - this isn't my victory...this is yours!

Our fate now rests in the hands of the Electoral College, and after recounts are complete, I have full confidence that we will be victorious. Soon, the healing process must begin - over sixty percent of Americans did not vote for our campaign. Let it be known here and now - as President, I will be ready to serve all Americans, not key interests groups or demographics. In such a turbulent environment we're facing, it is essential that we have a President who can unify this divided country.

I want to thank my opponents - Senator McCain, Governor Dean, and Mr. Nader, for running a valiant campaign. America had four great choices to vote for this time, and it's an honor to have been chosen by a plurality. Immediately after a winner is determined, I hope that the four candidates can sit down and that we can have an honest discussion about America's future, and how we can all contribute to making this nation stronger and more united.

Friends, this is only the beginning! In preparation for whatever lies ahead, we will be unveiling our transition team, and will continue to go to work fighting for the American people. Thank you all, God Bless, and God Bless America!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1789 on: June 27, 2013, 12:03:04 PM »

OOC: Maybe some would go to Bloomberg, but I actually think the bulk would either stay with McCain or back other Republicans. Of course, it's also possible that there may be faithless electors that leave me or Bloomberg. Either way, I suspect this is going to the House.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1790 on: June 27, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »

Michael Bloomberg Transition Team
Director - Susan Molinari
Communications Director - Howard Wolfson
Chief Spokesperson - Elizabeth Archuleta
Press Secretary - Andrea Saul
Personnel Director - Bradley Tusk
Director of Congressional Relations - Mark Kirk
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1791 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47:19 PM »

WHat do you want me to release first, recounts or House results?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1792 on: June 27, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »

Recounts.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1793 on: June 27, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »

^^^ It'd be great to know the official winner today so whoever that is can start constructing policy so that we can start 2012 sooner rather than later. Smiley
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1794 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »

^^^ It'd be great to know the official winner today so whoever that is can start constructing policy so that we can start 2012 sooner rather than later. Smiley
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1795 on: June 27, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »

I wonder how I carried Michigan while losing so badly nationally.  Maybe Dean and Bloomberg split the Dem vote.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1796 on: June 27, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »

I wonder how I carried Michigan while losing so badly nationally.  Maybe Dean and Bloomberg split the Dem vote.

You invested a lot of time and money into it, so managed to hold a bare 30% there while losing safe Republican states.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #1797 on: June 27, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »

Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1798 on: June 27, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1799 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies