FC Chess Tournament 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  FC Chess Tournament 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: FC Chess Tournament 2  (Read 10526 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:45 AM »

Napoleon postponed our game. He didn't tell me why.

How much time did he have until his next move? I think this tournament should certainly enforce the 2 day requirement (that's already absurdly long).
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »

How much time did he have until his next move? I think this tournament should certainly enforce the 2 day requirement (that's already absurdly long).

He has about 26 hours remaining in his turn.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Well, Franzl beat me rather soundly. Congrats to him for playing what seemed to me with my limited skill to be a pretty excellent game! I hope I will get someone more on my level for the next game. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

Well, Franzl beat me rather soundly. Congrats to him for playing what seemed to me with my limited skill to be a pretty excellent game! I hope I will get someone more on my level for the next game. Tongue

I really have to disagree with this assessment. Gustaf played a strong game.

There was just a slight error early on. You did everything you could (as far as I can see....I'm no expert either.) to fight back, almost forcing a stalemate.

It was a good and fun game Smiley

GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2012, 01:49:03 PM by GMantis »

I don't really want him to forfeit another game - if nothing else, it gives an advantage to his opponents. So how about permitting one postponement - and then enforce strictly the two day rule?

PS: And congratulations on your victory in one of the most balanced game to date. Though I don't really see why the last twenty moves or so had to be played Wink
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2012, 09:40:27 PM by Snowball »

I guess this goes here, I have played in some chess tournaments, but I was quite bad at thinking for enough time, taking time etc. (this is still true as I recently dropped a Queen just because I forgot about a pawn move that he could play), and I ended up underrated at 752, and have progressed to at least 1086.

More info etc. here http://www.plycount.com/players/USCF/14381004

I am not sure how active I will be over cristmas. I might possibly need to postpone the game. Leaving for Grandparents
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2012, 08:05:18 AM »

Who else is still playing? I'm rusty and in over my head with you lot. I probably should just give up in the current game.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »

Who else is still playing? I'm rusty and in over my head with you lot. I probably should just give up in the current game.

My game with Mikado, A Person vs SPC and Homelycooking vs. Napoleon. And yes, giving up your current game is a good idea Wink
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »

It's been more than two days since Napoleon made his move. Postponement notwithstanding, I'm ready to call the clock on him.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »

It's been more than two days since Napoleon made his move. Postponement notwithstanding, I'm ready to call the clock on him.
He has now ended his postponement, so he should be given an opportunity to move within the remaining time. But if he postpones again, the game will be automatically forfeited in your favor.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »

My game with Mikado, A Person vs SPC and Homelycooking vs. Napoleon. And yes, giving up your current game is a good idea Wink
Wait, are we allowed to postpone games, cause I going to Long Island for New Years and am not sure if I will have internet. With my advantage I would hate to lose time.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »

Wait, are we allowed to postpone games, cause I going to Long Island for New Years and am not sure if I will have internet. With my advantage I would hate to lose time.
One postponement is OK, though your game with Lewis should be over by New Year.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »

One postponement is OK, though your game with Lewis should be over by New Year.
Okay, looking at my game

kh7 is mated with Qxf7#
Kg6, Qg8+ K anywhere qxf7 #, I am calling my game now, set up conditional moves etc.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2012, 08:37:29 AM »

Yeah, it's over.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2012, 10:20:26 AM »

I would like our game analysis
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2012, 02:46:51 PM »

The A Person/SPC game is over. A Person played a strong game, though a few critical blunders worked in my favor.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2012, 03:27:22 PM »

The A Person/SPC game is over. A Person played a strong game, though a few critical blunders worked in my favor.
"A few" is putting it mildly. Tongue
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »

And the Homelycooking vs Napoleon game has ended with Homelycooking winning on time.

I'm not unfortunately not very good at doing analysis. Though do you really need an analysis of the long of chain of blunders in this game?
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »

And the Homelycooking vs Napoleon game has ended with Homelycooking winning on time.

I'm not unfortunately not very good at doing analysis. Though do you really need an analysis of the long of chain of blunders in this game?
Thats mean! here is the computers analysis, My only blunder was missing a mate in eleven.
http://gameknot.com/analyze-board.pl?bd=18835523&rnd=0.2594607777427882
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2012, 09:43:46 AM »

Thats mean! here is the computers analysis, My only blunder was missing a mate in eleven.
http://gameknot.com/analyze-board.pl?bd=18835523&rnd=0.2594607777427882
I didn't mean that you were the one committing the blunders Wink
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »

My game with Mikado ended with me winning. It was an interesting game, with some unusual tactics by my opponent, which unfortunately, due to several blunders by Mikado, was decided rather quickly in my favor.

The standings after the first two rounds:
Oakvale                 2
GMantis                 2
Franzl                    2
Homelycooking      1 1/2
Bore                      1
The Mikado            1
Snowball               1
SPC                       1
Gustaf                   1/2
Lewis                    0
A Person               0
Napoleon              0

I have the feeling that little playing would be done during the holidays and at least one player has suggested he would be away, so I propose delaying the third round after new year. Anyone against?
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »

My game with Mikado ended with me winning. It was an interesting game, with some unusual tactics by my opponent, which unfortunately, due to several blunders by Mikado, was decided rather quickly in my favor.

Homelycooking      1 1/2
The Mikado            1
Snowball               1
A Person               0
Napoleon              0

I have the feeling that little playing would be done during the holidays and at least one player has suggested he would be away, so I propose delaying the third round after new year. Anyone against?
No, could you get the brackets in soon though.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »

Homelycooking      1 1/2
The Mikado            1
Snowball               1
A Person               0
Napoleon              0

No, could you get the brackets in soon though.
Yes, I'll try to do it tomorrow.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »

Having finished the second round, here is the draw for the third round.
For this round the players will be divided in three groups. The first group will contain those players who won both of their games, the second those with a win and a loss, and the third those who lost both of their games. Homelycooking will participate in group one, while Gustaf will participate in group three, so that each group will consist of four players.
In the first stage of the draw, one of the three players with two victories will be selected to play with Homelycooking, leaving the other two to play with each other. For this the three players will be assigned an initial number, determined by the order they were listed in the first round.  Therefore the numbers will be respectively: Oakvale 1, GMantis 2, Franzl 3.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

Here is the result of the first draw:

Therefore, Franzl will play with Homelycooking, leaving me against Oakvale for the other game in group 1. In that game, to ensure an equitable colour distribution, I will play with white and Oakvale with black, as my first two games were with black, while Oakvale's last game was with white. To determine who will play which color in the other group 1 game, a coin will be tossed (an 1 Eastern Mark coin, to be exact). Using the ordering described above, Franzl will play with white if the coin is heads, while Homelycooking will play with this color if the coin is tails.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies