FC Chess Tournament 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 03:52:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  FC Chess Tournament 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: FC Chess Tournament 2  (Read 10553 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2012, 12:34:32 PM »

Since we still have two games from the first round still in progress but eight players just sitting on the sidelines after their first round games, here is one idea, but maybe an idea to implement for the next round only.

I could make score groups for the eight players that have already finished and pair you up for round 2 now.  When the next two games finish, I can make score groups for those four players and pair them up for round 2 when both games are finished.  We'd have two rounds left after that and everyone would be back in the same pool.

The pro of this plan is that it would get most of our participants playing again immediately, and since I expect things to slow down a bit through Christmas and New Years, the whole thing might work out ok in terms of timing.  The cons are that the pairings from the second round score groups won't be truly random once they are divided up as described, and we run the risk of having the time lag for playing we are experiencing now carry over into subsequent rounds.

But, it's just one option that occurred to me today, so I'll just put it out there for now and let you guys decide what you would like to do.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2012, 12:47:43 PM »

Since we still have two games from the first round still in progress but eight players just sitting on the sidelines after their first round games, here is one idea, but maybe an idea to implement for the next round only.

I could make score groups for the eight players that have already finished and pair you up for round 2 now.  When the next two games finish, I can make score groups for those four players and pair them up for round 2 when both games are finished.  We'd have two rounds left after that and everyone would be back in the same pool.

The pro of this plan is that it would get most of our participants playing again immediately, and since I expect things to slow down a bit through Christmas and New Years, the whole thing might work out ok in terms of timing.  The cons are that the pairings from the second round score groups won't be truly random once they are divided up as described, and we run the risk of having the time lag for playing we are experiencing now carry over into subsequent rounds.

But, it's just one option that occurred to me today, so I'll just put it out there for now and let you guys decide what you would like to do.
sure,
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »

Please don't.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

Napoleon, why are we playing two games?

Which one do you think we should kill?
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

The one I'm tracking is this one.

http://gameknot.com/chess.pl?bd=18767195&rnd=16320

Napoleon is supposed to have the White pieces, at any rate.  So, am I tracking the "right" game?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »

Gustaf postponed our game, so it probably won't be finished until next week at the earliest.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »

What is the reason for the postponement.  The postponement was not registered for this game until Gustaf's time had elapsed.  I want to receive a reasonable justification for the postponement, or, as tournament director, I will call time on the game and declare Gustaf's flag to have fallen.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »

The one I'm tracking is this one.

http://gameknot.com/chess.pl?bd=18767195&rnd=16320

Napoleon is supposed to have the White pieces, at any rate.  So, am I tracking the "right" game?

Yes sir.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »

After communicating with the players, the Gustaf vs. homelycooking game has resumed, so, players, please finish according to regular time control.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »

Gustaf and I fought to a stalemate. Thanks for a tough fight, G.!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

Gustaf and I fought to a stalemate. Thanks for a tough fight, G.!

Likewise! Good show! Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 10:01:02 AM »

As an occasional observer, it would be helpful if Anvi would put links to all the games in the OP. Perhaps they could be organized by round so anyone could easily catch up on games played as well as those in progress.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »

I (and a few others) have received a PM from Anvi saying that he is no longer able to host this tournament.

Since nobody else has said anything yet....I'll be happy to take over as tournament director. Does anyone have a problem with this?
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »

no

form a ballot in my opinion

Tournament director

Franzl [ Yes ]
Write in [ ]
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2012, 01:19:35 PM »

Alright, we can do that. Although it's basically the same thing as just waiting for objections.

Speaking as the (not yet official) tournament director, I notice that the Mikado vs. Napoleon game is only on its 7th move. Does anyone know anything about this and whether any progress is being made? And if not, why?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2012, 01:25:46 PM »

I (and a few others) have received a PM from Anvi saying that he is no longer able to host this tournament.

Since nobody else has said anything yet....I'll be happy to take over as tournament director. Does anyone have a problem with this?
I think we should have a vote on this. I nominate myself Wink
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »

kk

48 hours time for possible candidates, then I'll release a ballot.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »

I think we should have a vote on this. I nominate myself Wink

If you want to do it, then I withdraw my application. I didn't think anyone else was interested.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »

I prefer someone else rather than me do it. I trust either of you. Although it's going to be not half as much fun without Anvi's analyses. Sad
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »

I prefer someone else rather than me do it. I trust either of you. Although it's going to be not half as much fun without Anvi's analyses. Sad

I don't think he ever said that he wasn't available to do this.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »

Alright, we can do that. Although it's basically the same thing as just waiting for objections.

Speaking as the (not yet official) tournament director, I notice that the Mikado vs. Napoleon game is only on its 7th move. Does anyone know anything about this and whether any progress is being made? And if not, why?
It should be noted that this game has been mistakenly set for a time control of 3 days, but the time limit in the tournament is still only 2 days. So unless Napoleon makes a move within three hours, the game will be forfeited in favor of Mikado.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2012, 02:42:25 PM »

As Napoleon has failed to make a move within the time control of two days, the game is forfeited in favor of Mikado. Unless someone would like to object?
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »

Should I pm nap and Mikado to tell them this?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:53 PM »

Should I pm nap and Mikado to tell them this?

I see it.  I'm fine either way.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »

It really is about time to move on...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies