Vote counting update thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:34:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vote counting update thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
Author Topic: Vote counting update thread  (Read 43805 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »

Can we hope for Obama to break 66M? For the absolute margin to reach 5M? It's so close right now. Tongue

There are probably enough Romney votes in LI/upstate that Obama's margin in New York won't grow much more, if at all (Obama won both areas but obviously by much less than he won NYC).
AndyAJS
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #251 on: December 31, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »

New York has finally certified according to Dave Wasserman.

Only Hawaii still to certify although there probably won't be any new votes from there which means the final result is Obama 51.06%, Romney 47.21%:

www.twitter.com/redistrict
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »

Does counting all the votes always take this long?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2013, 01:46:42 AM »

Does counting all the votes always take this long?

Well, in "2008" for example New York even found "new votes" in spring 2009 and amended their "final" results ... Tongue

It's a little bit of a disgrace and similar to voting in a 4th world country ...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

Does anybody have the final results for Massachusetts by county? Even the state elections website only has the statewide total. The Atlas numbers are outdated (though the state total is correct). I totally cannot find them.

Also, is there any other state where any of you know the Atlas county data to be incorrect?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2013, 10:33:38 AM »

How about now?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:09 AM »

County data still missing 40k votes compared to the state total (which is the final numbers).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »

County data still missing 40k votes compared to the state total (which is the final numbers).

Final-final or final-excluding a few write-ins that Dave will add later? Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

No idea. Certainly final tallies for people who actually were candidates, though. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »

No idea. Certainly final tallies for people who actually were candidates, though. Tongue

BTW, I compared Dave's data with Wasserman's. Obama has 68 more votes in Dave's, which is reasonable. However, Romney lacks 2,978 votes in Dave's count, which is harder to explain. As for the total vote, Dave has 86,607 more, probably due to being more inclusive in write-ins. This Romney divergence is really troubling though...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:26 AM »

Huh. Do you know what states the discrepancies are in? Certified statewide totals should be very easy to find, for all states...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to look through. Tongue At least not right now. That said, I pointed it out and if anyone is excited at the prospect of solving this mystery, be my guest. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:23 PM »

Alright, turns out I've got nothing better to do. Tongue

Found a little discrepancy in OH, O+42 and R+15. The OH SoS seems to resolve in Wasserman's favor, but Dave must have had a good reason to add these few votes.

Bingo! So the culprit's name is... Wisconsin. There, Romney gets exactly 3000 votes less according to Dave (1,407,966, while Wasserman has 1,410,966). And going to the election info page... Dave seems to be right. However, I'm still wondering where Wasserman saw these 3000 Romney votes. The roundness of the number makes it seem like a typo, but that's a pretty weird typo to do.

Will look up the rest later. So far the tallies still diverge by 26 votes for Obama and 7 for Romney, almost nothing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2013, 09:59:54 AM »

So the last little issue was with Connecticut. Dave counts 26 more Obama votes and 7 more Romney votes than Wasserman, explaining all the remaining discrepancies. The CT SoS has Wasserman's count though, so... don't know what to think of this one. Dave must know more than I do.

Since every difference is explained, I'm not going father than that.

In short, these are the conflicting States.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2013, 10:19:57 AM »

Bingo! So the culprit's name is... Wisconsin. There, Romney gets exactly 3000 votes less according to Dave (1,407,966, while Wasserman has 1,410,966). And going to the election info page... Dave seems to be right. However, I'm still wondering where Wasserman saw these 3000 Romney votes. The roundness of the number makes it seem like a typo, but that's a pretty weird typo to do.
I think I can clear that one up. Because I found that error in Dave's county data when I updated the swing map - misstating Waupaca County's Republican votes by 3k (17whatever instead of 14whatever - an error that could have happened through machinereading a handwritten document or one in an unknown font). This seems have been a typo that the state included in its certificated and then quickly corrected - note that the official report on the state website is described as "amended". Dave's statewide figures, though, was always correct - either he used the amended one for that and the (now unavailable) original for the counties, or the state total always was correct but Wasserman constructs his state tallies from the county data.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »

I think I can clear that one up. Because I found that error in Dave's county data when I updated the swing map - misstating Waupaca County's Republican votes by 3k (17whatever instead of 14whatever - an error that could have happened through machinereading a handwritten document or one in an unknown font). This seems have been a typo that the state included in its certificated and then quickly corrected - note that the official report on the state website is described as "amended". Dave's statewide figures, though, was always correct - either he used the amended one for that and the (now unavailable) original for the counties, or the state total always was correct but Wasserman constructs his state tallies from the county data.

Yeah, I see that. Dave gives Romney 14,002 votes in Waupaca Co, and so does the WI SOS page. The big issue is solved. Smiley

OH and CT are still annoying though.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »

THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER

WISCONSIN AND OHIO WERE STOLEN WITH ACORN DEMOCRAT VOTER FRAUD

MITT ROMNEY IS PRESIDENT
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #267 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

The error could have come from keying it in very easily, since 4 and 7 are adjacent on a number pad.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »

THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER

MITT ROMNEY IS PRESIDENT

That might seem irrelevant, but we Europeans are so used to getting clear and indisputable vote tallies that the slightest discrepancy bothers us. Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »

THE ELECTION ISN'T OVER

MITT ROMNEY IS PRESIDENT

That might seem irrelevant, but we Europeans are so used to getting clear and indisputable vote tallies that the slightest discrepancy bothers us. Tongue

Indeed. The word "recount" is a very foreign concept.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies