Why Republicans Want Mitt Romney To Go Away
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:39:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Republicans Want Mitt Romney To Go Away
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why Republicans Want Mitt Romney To Go Away  (Read 5623 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »

Sure, the electability candidate lost. But we must ask the question- why was Romney, of all people, the most electable candidate? The Republican Party is filled with lunatics, crazies, and morons. Until that changes, blaming Romney does not help them one bit. 2016 will roll around and the base will have the same demands.
The Dems have their crazies too.

Yes, but they aren't a majority right now.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:36 PM »

The last laugh for what? Heard that second-term president's have a crappy time of it, look at Woodrow Wilson...world war one....league of nations...prohibition...stroke; FDR...court packing scheme...recession; Ike...Sputnik...Little Rock...Stroke....Recession...Sherman Adams Vicuna Coat scandal...U2 spy scandal; Nixon...Watergate...Yom Kippur War...Resignation; Reagan...Iran-Contra; Clinton...Monica Lewinsky blow-job scandal...Impeachment; Dubya...Hurricane Katrina...Harriet Miers...Wall Street meltdown...Obama election; so Obama's second term should be a real doozy...you know last laugh territory...Benghazi...hearings...getting the giggles...then there is the fiscal cliff....David Petraeus affair...the laughter is bubbling and we Republicans will do to Obama, what we did to Bubba and you Democrats did to Nixon and Reagan...so enjoy the fun...it will be a laugh a minute.
No intention going into hibernation....sticking around to annoy Democrats & those sympathetic to Obama...also want to get 1,000 on the amount of times I submit to the forum, should be fun & get used to it baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 09:29:47 PM »

The last laugh for what? Heard that second-term president's have a crappy time of it, look at Woodrow Wilson...world war one....league of nations...prohibition...stroke; FDR...court packing scheme...recession; Ike...Sputnik...Little Rock...Stroke....Recession...Sherman Adams Vicuna Coat scandal...U2 spy scandal; Nixon...Watergate...Yom Kippur War...Resignation; Reagan...Iran-Contra; Clinton...Monica Lewinsky blow-job scandal...Impeachment; Dubya...Hurricane Katrina...Harriet Miers...Wall Street meltdown...Obama election; so Obama's second term should be a real doozy...you know last laugh territory...Benghazi...hearings...getting the giggles...then there is the fiscal cliff....David Petraeus affair...the laughter is bubbling and we Republicans will do to Obama, what we did to Bubba and you Democrats did to Nixon and Reagan...so enjoy the fun...it will be a laugh a minute.
No intention going into hibernation....sticking around to annoy Democrats & those sympathetic to Obama...also want to get 1,000 on the amount of times I submit to the forum, should be fun & get used to it baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g

My favorite part of this song was always the phrase 'British politician sex' used for the Profumo Affair.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »

Why should he? After all he did invest, time, money and awful lot of himself into the effort and let's not mention the six years of his life as well, so if he wishes, he will stay, because that's what he want's and I doubt he too worried about how bothered or out of sorts Republicans might or might not be.
He will go through a process, disappointment, denial, anger and finally resignation; I don't think any candidate truly recovers from losing a presidential election, you only have to look at Dewey, Stevenson, Nixon and Humphrey, they are a few who come to mind...Dewey lost in '44 and tried again 4 years later and lost again!; Stevenson tried in '52 and '56 and was handed his hat by Ike on both occasions; then Nixon in '60, he tried again and won in '68, then what about Humphrey? He lost to Nixon in '68, tried for the nomination in '72 and in '76.
So Romney will have to go through his grieving process and all of us, might have to bear witness to the agony.
Benj

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »

Why should he? After all he did invest, time, money and awful lot of himself into the effort and let's not mention the six years of his life as well, so if he wishes, he will stay, because that's what he want's and I doubt he too worried about how bothered or out of sorts Republicans might or might not be.
He will go through a process, disappointment, denial, anger and finally resignation; I don't think any candidate truly recovers from losing a presidential election, you only have to look at Dewey, Stevenson, Nixon and Humphrey, they are a few who come to mind...Dewey lost in '44 and tried again 4 years later and lost again!; Stevenson tried in '52 and '56 and was handed his hat by Ike on both occasions; then Nixon in '60, he tried again and won in '68, then what about Humphrey? He lost to Nixon in '68, tried for the nomination in '72 and in '76.
So Romney will have to go through his grieving process and all of us, might have to bear witness to the agony.

So, Mitt Romney should play the part of Harold Stassen?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »

So, Mitt Romney should play the part of Harold Stassen?

Romney 2044!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »

Will he last that long?
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »

I'd like for him to stay around. I think Romney is a good example to look at for the party of what happens when you drift too far into extremism. Romney was the electable candidate that would've won, but because of his party pulling him to the right he associated with the extreme position of his party, arguably costing him the election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies