Romney Adviser: Latinos 'Were Scared' To Vote For Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:17:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Adviser: Latinos 'Were Scared' To Vote For Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Romney Adviser: Latinos 'Were Scared' To Vote For Romney  (Read 2594 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »

LOL, no one chooses not to have health insurance. That's like saying people choose to be poor or homeless. Normal people want to have health insurance.

And red states get a lot more money from the federal government than they give back. So the better question is, who would fund the sh[inks]hole banana republic that a seceded Republican United States would become?
Yes, people do choose not to have health insurance, whether it is rational to you or not is none of your or the government's business. 

We are almost in a banana republic now (not that you'd agree, but see Libya).  I also struggle to see how more freedom from the state leads to such a banana republic.  I'd like to see where you are getting this "red states" get more money stuff from Lief.

So Lief, this is from 2004 and there is no breakdown as to whether this spending is military or non-military spending.  I'd like to see something updated for 2010/12 and without military spending included.

Much military spending is corporate welfare which contributes little to national security. If you want to know who the real welfare queens are, you might want to start looking at some of the defense industrial companies.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 10:35:00 AM »

LOL, no one chooses not to have health insurance. That's like saying people choose to be poor or homeless. Normal people want to have health insurance.

And red states get a lot more money from the federal government than they give back. So the better question is, who would fund the sh[inks]hole banana republic that a seceded Republican United States would become?
Yes, people do choose not to have health insurance, whether it is rational to you or not is none of your or the government's business. 

We are almost in a banana republic now (not that you'd agree, but see Libya).  I also struggle to see how more freedom from the state leads to such a banana republic.  I'd like to see where you are getting this "red states" get more money stuff from Lief.

So Lief, this is from 2004 and there is no breakdown as to whether this spending is military or non-military spending.  I'd like to see something updated for 2010/12 and without military spending included.

Much military spending is corporate welfare which contributes little to national security. If you want to know who the real welfare queens are, you might want to start looking at some of the defense industrial companies.

This.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

Oh, I'd agree completely that much of the military spending is corporate welfare.  That doesn't mean that the average republican voter is taking in gobs of government assistance, free phones, etc. 

I think people, particularly college graduates, have realized that they can exist off of many different forms of government assistance while also having their flat screens and digital trinkets. 

By the way, this is a question for the techies, is google hacked or something?  I keep looking up verifiable websites and am getting those funky websites you get when you type in a website incorrectly.  I did a full scan of my computer with McAfee and it didn't find anything.  Also my keyboard is typing vowels slower than the other letters. 
Stirring Wolf🥣🐺
Xiivi
Rookie
France

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »

By the way, this is a question for the techies, is google hacked or something?  I keep looking up verifiable websites and am getting those funky websites you get when you type in a website incorrectly.  I did a full scan of my computer with McAfee and it didn't find anything.  Also my keyboard is typing vowels slower than the other letters. 

Likely the Google Redirect Virus; most common virus scanners never get it but it's easy to fix.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »

I think people, particularly college graduates, have realized that they can exist off of many different forms of government assistance while also having their flat screens and digital trinkets. 

Can you introduce me to one? I'd like to know how they did this.  I keep hearing there's a bunch of them out there but I can't for the life of me figure out how to become one myself or find one to show me how to become one.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

Likely the Google Redirect Virus; most common virus scanners never get it but it's easy to fix.

Thanks Xiivi
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies