Bill Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Bill Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton  (Read 2745 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »

I do not have a high opinion of anyone who bombs foreign countries to distract from his personal failings.

But good economic policies.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2012, 03:10:53 PM by windis »

I do not have a high opinion of anyone who bombs foreign countries to distract from his personal failings.

the death of innocent serbs and iraqis + probably a good number of people in africa due to him bombing a pharmaceutical factory is more important in determining if someone is an ff or hp than "good economic policy" (i.e. corporatism and trashing the welfare state).

if there were any justice, he'd be in the docks at the hague along with blair, bush, obama, cameron etc.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »

the death of innocent serbs and iraqis + probably a good number of people in africa due to him bombing a pharmaceutical factory is more important in determining if someone is an ff or hp than "good economic policy" (i.e. corporatism and trashing the welfare state).

Did I ever say it wasn't?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »

mussolini had good economic policies.

but anyway, if you're a libertarian, why would you like clinton's economic policies? nafta is the epitome of corporatism masquerading as liberalization and free trade.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »

but anyway, if you're a libertarian, why would you like clinton's economic policies? nafta is the epitome of corporatism masquerading as liberalization and free trade.

And I never said Mussolini was a FF.

As for liking them: federal spending fell, taxes were cut in '97, we had a surplus, inflation went down, and unemployment dropped.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

And I never said Mussolini was a FF.

As for liking them: federal spending fell, taxes were cut in '97, we had a surplus, inflation went down, and unemployment dropped.

i know, i know, i was just using the example of someone despicable who had good economic policies.

clinton did create a surplus, sure. the problem is, he also created a lot of the instabilities that led to the eventual economic meltdown in 2007/8 such as dropping glass-steagall and failing to regulate derivatives. i don't know to what extent you'd be in favour of regulation, as a libertarian, but the derivatives market is a good example of why it's needed.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 07:09:17 PM »

Overrated, but he was the ultimate president for the 90s.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »

Clinton was a pretty average president.  Most of his "accomplishments" were the result of either his compromises with Republicans in Congress (the surplus, the strong economy, etc.) or the fall of the Soviet Union, which had occurred before he was elected.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »

He's pretty awesome.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length