Alaska. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:10:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alaska. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaska.  (Read 2535 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: November 22, 2012, 11:46:02 PM »

As I was looking through the precinct results in Anchorage, I realized that Republicans should be very scared. Turnout bottomed out in poor, Asian/Native-heavy precincts where whites will be a tiny minority in a decade. If Democrats invest in Alaska, it could flip in a heartbeat.

Banking on Alaska's electoral votes via fossil fuel politics might be risky especially as the Democrats move hard to the right on environmental issues.

Good point.  I do though think if the GOP were less ideological they would have less to worry about.  Here in Canada, Alberta is the youngest province yet the most Conservative and Alaska does have some strong similiarities with Alberta.  Now true enough the recent provincial election there where the slightly right of centre PCs beat out the more hard right Wildrose Alliance may show its changing too never mind left wing politicans love to bash Alberta to gain votes in Eastern Canada whereas you don't see much Alaska bashing by Democrats.  I am not sure about in the US, but is it like Canada where the birth rate amongst Native Americans is more than double that of the white population?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies