Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:35:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 319452 times)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2150 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »

Starting to dig through the county-level demographic data for the primary...here's a teaser map, showing which racial group was the largest bloc in the Democratic primary (left) and the gubernatorial results (right):

Might look a tad familiar:

Why did Abrams do well in ultra-white northwest Georgia in the primary?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2151 on: July 07, 2018, 09:50:00 AM »

Starting to dig through the county-level demographic data for the primary...here's a teaser map, showing which racial group was the largest bloc in the Democratic primary (left) and the gubernatorial results (right):

She did well with every racial group in general. She definitely won white voters overall... I actually think Evans got around 15% of the black vote.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2152 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:36 AM »

I actually met Brian Kemp at a grocery store earlier this morning. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

.....Wtf? This has to be a joke? It sounds like something one would dream, lol.

Its a well documented copy pasta, where you insert some celebrity's name wherever Kemp's is above. Frankly, it should be reported for trolling.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2153 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »

I actually met Brian Kemp at a grocery store earlier this morning. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Bro I'm surprised he didn't try to put you in his truck.

(I know it's a copypaste but did you actually meet him?)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2154 on: July 07, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »

Her message transcended race, she actually showed up, and the whites still voting Democratic have been whittled down to genuine liberals and progressives.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2155 on: July 07, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »

.....Wtf? This has to be a joke? It sounds like something one would dream, lol.

Its a well documented copy pasta, where you insert some celebrity's name wherever Kemp's is above. Frankly, it should be reported for trolling.

Huh, should've figured. It's really pointless.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2156 on: July 07, 2018, 07:06:49 PM »

Did you mean Northeast Georgia? It's actually quite a bit whiter than Northwest GA (relatively speaking). Nevertheless, Evans had a home turf advantage of sorts in Northwest GA, or else Abrams would have probably done even better in the NW part of the state than in the NE. I would say Whitfield's 45% non-white Democratic electorate is a good indicator of that potential performance; it off-set the hometurf advantage Evans otherwise enjoyed among white voters in this region, which allowed Abrams to clear 60% (whereas she lost or was in the 50s in most of the rest of the counties).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2157 on: July 07, 2018, 07:11:29 PM »

So he is as much of a jerk as he seems. That's kind of good to know. Yet somehow he is the more reasonable one on policy. Meanwhile Casey Cagle certainly seems like a nicer guy, but is an absolute wolf in sheep's clothing. I don't live in Georgia, but please let Abrams win this!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2158 on: July 07, 2018, 07:13:52 PM »

So he is as much of a jerk as he seems. That's kind of good to know. Yet somehow he is the more reasonable one on policy. Meanwhile Casey Cagle certainly seems like a nicer guy, but is an absolute wolf in sheep's clothing. I don't live in Georgia, but please let Abrams win this!

LOL the generic copypasta got someone XD.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2159 on: July 07, 2018, 07:16:55 PM »

LOL the generic copypasta got someone XD.

Damn it, I should have scrolled up more. Though it seems that I wasn't the only one who fell for it. Also I only just now learned what a "copypasta" is. I'm never too astute when it comes to internet lingo, and then when I learn about that lingo, I usually wish I never did. My point still stands though. Both Kemp and Cagle suck, and Abrams should win.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #2160 on: July 07, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »

Did you mean Northeast Georgia? It's actually quite a bit whiter than Northwest GA (relatively speaking). Nevertheless, Evans had a home turf advantage of sorts in Northwest GA, or else Abrams would have probably done even better in the NW part of the state than in the NE. I would say Whitfield's 45% non-white Democratic electorate is a good indicator of that potential performance; it off-set the hometurf advantage Evans otherwise enjoyed among white voters in this region, which allowed Abrams to clear 60% (whereas she lost or was in the 50s in most of the rest of the counties).

yea
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2161 on: July 09, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »

Cagle says the quiet part out loud:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2162 on: July 09, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »

And here is the same map for the CDs:

And the raw figures:

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2163 on: July 09, 2018, 08:53:36 AM »

Cagle says the quiet part out loud:

He's not wrong though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2164 on: July 09, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »

It's going to be interesting to watch the runoff winner trying to pivot away from the primary craziness for the general election.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2165 on: July 09, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »

LOL. Cagle is stupid to be so candid with a former rival. I’m so conflicted. I dislike him a lot so I want him locked out of the General but he is starting to look so prime for an earth shattering defeat in November.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2166 on: July 09, 2018, 12:20:39 PM »

LOL. Cagle is stupid to be so candid with a former rival. I’m so conflicted. I dislike him a lot so I want him locked out of the General but he is starting to look so prime for an earth shattering defeat in November.
People here say that Kemp would hand it over to Abrams, but Cagle seems to only be a hair's stronger than him. He seems unlikable and establishment for most voters, and these allegations prove this. The rurals wont show up for him. Kemp, on the other hand, can get the rurals, but lose the burbs, which also causes him to lose. This race is pure tossup IMO.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2167 on: July 09, 2018, 03:50:28 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2018, 04:11:04 PM by dotard »

I saw a truck with Kemp stickers all over it driving down 85 today with probably 20 tires in the back of it. Idk if it was an official Kemp vehicle but if the illegals truck makes a come back in an ad, you heard it here first folks
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2168 on: July 09, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »

Abrams raised $2.75 million from April 1-June 30.

She has about $1.6 million cash on hand which is double what she had three months ago.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-abrams-reloads-her-gov-campaign-with-75m-haul/t00NbMTOoIpRUSOiSZz8qN/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=politics_fb

Look at all that Get out the Vote/Field money Cheesy Not to mention she will have multiple outside groups spending for her on the air.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2169 on: July 09, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2170 on: July 09, 2018, 04:12:12 PM »

She has about $1.6 million cash on hand which is double what she had three months ago.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-2018-abrams-reloads-her-gov-campaign-with-75m-haul/t00NbMTOoIpRUSOiSZz8qN/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=politics_fb

Look at all that Get out the Vote/Field money Cheesy Not to mention she will have multiple outside groups spending for her on the air.

Good for her. She’d had me worried a bit before about running out of cash. Guess the runoff between Cagle and Kemp has allowed for her to hoard some money
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2171 on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »

Do we have numbers on her opponents yet? How much money is Cagle/Kemp getting, and how? That can be a great indicator on who might be the tougher opponent.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2172 on: July 09, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2018, 06:04:46 PM by Fmr. Pres. Griff »

Not bad at all. Going off of memory alone, I think Carter raised about $7m (Deal raised something like $11-12m) for the entire 2014 campaign.

EDIT: Carter raised $8m; Deal $15m.

Abrams thus far has raised $6m. Cagle had raised $6.7m as of the last quarter and Kemp $2.9m for that same period.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2173 on: July 09, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »

Do we have numbers on her opponents yet? How much money is Cagle/Kemp getting, and how? That can be a great indicator on who might be the tougher opponent.
I believe the deadline is tonight. So we should have that info soon.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2174 on: July 09, 2018, 06:53:01 PM »

And here's the two-party primary vote shares by CD:

If this wave were big enough and the party had quality candidates with organization in several of these districts (1, 10 & 12), I'd say there'd be a shot...coming close to 45% in those 3 is impressive and implies the 'mander could be broken under almost realistic circumstances...
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies