Bono vs. ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:31:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bono vs. ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bono vs. ?  (Read 2283 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: February 05, 2005, 10:17:26 AM »

Bono asked me to look at the Constitutional powers of the Senate as well, and having done so I agree that nowhere in the Constitution is the Atlasian Senate given powers to create such a bill.

I support Bono in this case.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2005, 01:57:01 PM by S.E. Magistrate John Dibble »

yeah, but neither of you think the government has a spending power under the real Constitution.

Sure it does. The Constitution, both Atlasia's and the US's, enumerates the things Congress(Senate only in this case) can make laws, which include spending money, about.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 02:31:32 PM »

Since I may be a Supreme Court Justice soon, I shall not discuss this any further, as I may be involved in this case directly, until the trial starts.

I assure those concerned that I will not let my personal feelings about this bill get in the way of my job, which is simply to interpret the Constitution and to determine whether the law in question is a violation of it or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies