IA:PPP: Obama 50- Romney 48 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:59:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  IA:PPP: Obama 50- Romney 48 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IA:PPP: Obama 50- Romney 48  (Read 2171 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »

You know what is funny. You guys are acting as if opinion polls are somehow the reality and votes don't matter. Drawing conclusions like: Romney is getting a lot of the last undecideds.

Opinion polls are only accurate to a certain degree. In Iowa, opinion polls are even less accurate. When they show a close race, know it can go either way.

I don't think Romney can overtake the +62000 early vote margin Obama already has.
But if he does, then he's won the election.

Opinion polls are a window into how people are going to actually vote.  That's why they've been used to predict election outcomes for, oh I don't know, over a century.  The fact that I even have to explain this to you is mind-boggling.  

They are an indicator of how people think, but not an accurate predictor. Particularly not if they fall within the range of the poll sampling error.

The probability of one poll being off by more than the margin of error is one thing....but the probability of ALL polls being that wrong is MUCH lower.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies