Europe's biggest brothel to open in Vienna
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe's biggest brothel to open in Vienna
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Europe's biggest brothel to open in Vienna  (Read 5521 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Me? Or the Tender Branson, who responded my thought out post with insignificant trivia because he couldn't bare to concede the point?

Anyway my point stands. This brothel is a horrific blemish on a once god-fearing and devout nation.

We are not in the 60s anymore. BTW, there are brothels in every bigger city or town here and have been for a long time. And especially the usually "god-fearing and devout" church-going man liked to go there a lot ... Wink
Hence my lamentation about how far Austria has fallen. The West in general is becoming a moral cesspit, but it's especially sad to see it happening in Austria of all places.

The retreat of the Catholic Church here is considered a good thing, not a bad thing.

And bringing prostitutes away from the streets where they have been murdered in the 80s and 90s by higher numbers, into a more "guarded" and "safe" establishment with 150 employees and medical care is also a good, moral thing, not a bad one.
It's not a good thing though. Without Christianity what moral compass and source of solidarity do Austrians, or any other Westerners, have?

You know, most people are smart enough to be able to develop their own moral system without having to copy what an old guy, living in another world, in Rome is deciding.

And, as a Catholic, I'm pretty sure than they aren't proposing the best system of values.
In Latin America, when the Church aligned with the dictators which were oppessing the people in order to keep their privilege, that wasn't moral.
Raping kids is not moral.

The Catholic Church leadership has been overrun by people wanting power and not giving a damn about religion.

And you think that is an appropriate model for morals?

You are quite delusionnal.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »

If this helps against human trafficking, then it's a good thing, but didn't experience (for example in the Netherlands) show that such brothels encourage human trafficking?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2012, 11:20:14 AM by Frodo »

I suppose just lining them up against a wall and shooting them is completely out of the question?

Roll Eyes

Did one of them give you AIDS or something?
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 02:51:46 AM »

I suppose just lining them up against a wall and shooting them is completely out of the question?

Roll Eyes

Did one of them gave you AIDS or something?

Nah, but I'd still like to know what this whole thing is about the government helping prostitutes. Jesus.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 04:16:47 AM »

Roll Eyes

Nah, but I'd still like to know what this whole thing is about the government helping prostitutes. Jesus.

Besides the fact that your first posting is disgusting, the government doesn't play much of a role in this: The city government is only involved in giving the OK or not for the building on their soil. Otherwise it's dealt with as a business like any other too ...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 06:33:43 AM »

Roll Eyes

Prostitutes can be pretty decent sorts like the rest of us. The problem is pimps and johns.
MrMittens
Mittens
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »

Roll Eyes

Besides the fact that your first posting is disgusting, the government doesn't play much of a role in this: The city government is only involved in giving the OK or not for the building on their soil. Otherwise it's dealt with as a business like any other too ...

Giving this type of thing the ok is what's disgusting.

Roll Eyes

Prostitutes can be pretty decent sorts like the rest of us. The problem is pimps and johns.

Someone who sells their body for money is not a decent person. Pimps and johns are just the lowest of the lowest though.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 10:02:33 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2012, 09:17:21 AM by afleitch »

Get the f-ck off this forum.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »

This one is opening soon with 200 sex-workers inside the complex.

The kindergarten is on the other side of the street, but the owner of the brothel says they won't notice anything of what's happening in the brothel, except that women and men are entering and exiting ...

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landstrasse/lokales/zollgasse-3-groesstes-laufhaus-wiens-entsteht-d2438726.html

http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2903852

The establishment will see checks by the police if neighbours and kids are not disturbed and if all windows are covered.

Prostitutes have to pay 630€ per week for offering their services, but can keep everything else they earn. Medical and security checks for the employees will be guaranteed and no pimps are allowed inside the building.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 08:06:13 AM »

I hope this catches on.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies