Emperor Bloomberg has endorsed Obama.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:01:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Emperor Bloomberg has endorsed Obama.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Emperor Bloomberg has endorsed Obama.  (Read 2629 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »

This would have been a big deal four years ago, but that third term has wreaked havoc on Bloomberg's reputation.

Only for crazy Paultards who think the amount of syrup water they're allowed to buy at a time is directly related to how free they are.

I'm not a Paul supporter, and I agree that Bloomberg gas virtually destroyed any civil liberties that remained in NYC. He, like Warren Buffett, is a Corpo-fascist hypocrite.   

LOL, have you ever been to NYC?

Yes. There aren't that many people left that like Bloomberg.

Sure. He is so hated than he was reeelected.

His opponent was a non-factor nobody had ever heard of who nearly beat him anyway, and he's only gotten less popular since 2009.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »

His approvals are in the mid-40s (pre-Sandy) last time I checked. That's not too bad.

My main deal is that the idea that NYC's civil liberties have been destroyed because soda cups are smaller and trans-fats are banned in ludicrous and insane.
milhouse24
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »

Bloomy just wants more FEMA aid, and is hedging his bets if Obama wins. 

If Romney wins, he will also help out Wall street recover. 
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:42 PM »

His approvals are in the mid-40s (pre-Sandy) last time I checked. That's not too bad.

Really? Could I grab a link? I'll freely admit to being wrong if so.

My main deal is that the idea that NYC's civil liberties have been destroyed because soda cups are smaller and trans-fats are banned in ludicrous and insane.

Obviously they haven't, but the entire idea behind this is patently ridiculous in numerous ways.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »

Better than I thought actually. He had a 51-40 approval rating in August (link). Can't find anything more recent than that.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about regulating serving sizes. They've been steadily increasing over the past few decades, and most people won't even notice the change. If you still want as much as soda as before, you can just get a refill or whatever. I find the outrage about this more ridiculous than the proposal itself.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21:47 PM »

Better than I thought actually. He had a 51-40 approval rating in August (link).

Alrighty, then, I was mistaken.

I don't think there's anything ridiculous about regulating serving sizes. They've been steadily increasing over the past few decades, and most people won't even notice the change. If you still want as much as soda as before, you can just get a refill or whatever. I find the outrage about this more ridiculous than the proposal itself.

The thing is that it impairs both consumer choice and the options businesses have; logically, by doing so, it cuts into profits, unless of course businesses raise the price of these things relative to serving size, in which case consumers end up paying more; and, just generally, it's a good example of an entirely pointless regulation because ultimately, you can still get as much drink as you want, it just becomes more of a hassle. It's negative effects far outweigh its positive effects (it'll reduce the weight of some New Yorkers by like 10 lb, OK), but both are so negligible that it's remarkable anyone in government would care enough to do this. It's time-wasting and useless, and, yes, to an extent dictatorial, though this angle has been overdone to death.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »

What           a           shocker.

A self centred arrogant ultra liberal endorses a self centred arrogant ultra liberal.

Who would have known?

tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:58 PM »

Quelle surprise! Liberal (tl;dr definition): Catfood for greedy grannies to "save" us from a fake/BS "fiscal cliff," brutal police state/empire, marriage for bros.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »

Quelle surprise! Liberal (tl;dr definition): Catfood for greedy grannies to "save" us from a fake/BS "fiscal cliff," brutal police state/empire, marriage for bros.

Google Translate was no good, can you help us out?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 10:02:49 PM »

He puts it in a slightly crazy/somewhat drug addled way, but he has a point.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2012, 10:56:42 PM by Simfan34 »

With this and The Economist's support, Obama clinches the Very Serious Person vote.

Urgh. I didn't know that The Economist endorsed Obama.

I think Bloomberg is a marvelous politician, one of our more honorable and efficient ones. The way he's been the capstone of the  Koch-Giuliani-Bloomberg renewal of New York renewal, leading the city to health after 9/11, and the renewal of much of Brooklyn, really endears me to him. His health programme is nothing too bad, and the way it's been gradually implemented over the years is a testament to his acumen. No complaints there. What really scares me is a return to the stagnation of the Beame-Lindsay years, with the overtaxation, fiscal recklessness, and hyperregulation that nearly destroyed New York. Liu looks like the least worst option here.

Funnily enough, here's an Economist article on that topic.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »

LOL, "Hail Obama" is trending on Twitter right now. Some of the incredulous tweets are pretty hilarious.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »

Not surprised by this move.  Bloomberg is a borderline dictator anyway.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »

haha, you are lucky that the mods gave up on the excessive hyperbole thing.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 02:50:29 AM »

haha, you are lucky that the mods gave up on the excessive hyperbole thing.

Nah, we gave up on the 2012 boards. Tongue
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 05:53:57 AM »

What is it with the conservative poster love of transfat, I can understand not liking the limit on potion sizes for soda, I have a harder time seing why people have anything against bike lanes, but okay agree to disagree. But supporting transfat in food that's truely moronic.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »

Sounds like Bloomberg is positioning to run Dem in 2016.  You guys don't have many options.

Clinton is one of the most popular politicians in the country and Cuomo is one of the most popular governors in the country. Two great candidates right there.

Cuomo? I'd rather not nominate an Italian version of Mitt Romney '02.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »

Sounds like Bloomberg is positioning to run Dem in 2016.  You guys don't have many options.

Clinton is one of the most popular politicians in the country and Cuomo is one of the most popular governors in the country. Two great candidates right there.

Hillary's career is over, she benghazied herself.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »

What is it with the conservative poster love of transfat, I can understand not liking the limit on potion sizes for soda, I have a harder time seing why people have anything against bike lanes, but okay agree to disagree. But supporting transfat in food that's truely moronic.

It's the odd perception of what "freedom" is that a good deal of Americans hold.
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies.  Oh wait, that's the pro-abortion argument.  I forgot, when it comes to food: women should not have the right to do what they want with their bodies.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »

FINALLY someone points out we need action on climate change.  Better late than never.

Just bring that climate change nonsense up and the election is over for Obama.

You are on the wrong side of science and history, as there is no more dangerous delusion among Americans today than climate denialism.  Go [inks] yourself.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »

Women should be able to do what they want with their bodies.  Oh wait, that's the pro-abortion argument.  I forgot, when it comes to food: women should not have the right to do what they want with their bodies.

First you make the mistake to think I'm what you call "pro-choice". 
Second what choice? I don't see a choice for the consumers, with a large potion size, people can at least see what they order, with transfat it's a hidden hazard, you could just as well support arsenic in food, lead in toys or cocaine in cola. There are no freedom for the consumers  in transfat.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »

Hillary's career is over, she benghazied herself.

No, only Tea Party folks and Fox News viewers care about that at all.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »

Much of the power in New York City is out and much of the city is under water, and this idiot Mayor takes time away from managing the crisis to make a partisan endorsement.

He should be doing his job, not playing politics.

The same idiot Mayor that says, after the hurricane and the flood, that the New York City marathon will go ahead then says it wont. 

Nobody in their right mind would even consider having the marathon after this disaster.  People need food and shelter, and this Mayor still wants the marathon.  Changes mind after public pressure. 

Not leadership.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »

FINALLY someone points out we need action on climate change.  Better late than never.

Just bring that climate change nonsense up and the election is over for Obama.

You are on the wrong side of science and history, as there is no more dangerous delusion among Americans today than climate denialism.  Go [inks] yourself.

You are delusional if you think you can influence the climate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies