Confirmation Hearing for Colin Wixted (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:45:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing for Colin Wixted (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing for Colin Wixted  (Read 3426 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: February 04, 2005, 11:05:49 AM »

I hereby open the confirmation hearing for Colin Wixted as Secretary of Defense.  To appease certain people ( Smiley ), and because I think it's a good idea, we'll have a day or so of questioning, followed by a vote.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 02:29:20 AM »

Well, as there appear to be no more questions, I'll open voting now.

All senators in favor of Colin Wixted for the position of Secretary of Defense, vote "yea"; all opposed, vote "nay".
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 04:00:54 AM »

Yea.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:02:13 PM »

Abstain.
Nothing personal Colin, I think you'll do a terrific job, but I have developed a policy of abstaining on cabinet assignments when they are having a secured appointment, because that'll give me the political freedom to criticize them.

Er, why can you not criticize someone if you voted to confirm them?  Those voting to confirm Colin don't expect absolute perfection; we simply expect that he'll do at least a fairly good job.  Is an employer unable to criticize an employee due to the employer's decision to hire the employee?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 02:06:32 PM »

With six votes in favor to none against, and with one abstention, I hereby declare Colin Wixted to be confirmed as Secretary of Defense.

That's actually not a bad idea.

Or another idea would be to give Gabu (or whoever's PPT at the time) the chance to sticky bills and confirmations which are presently up for vote along with Harry's summary of things.

I send senators a reminder to vote when voting is taking way too long; I was actually about to do that for this one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies