Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 08:32:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Question the Power: Ask Me Anything! (Mideast)  (Read 6141 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 05:55:54 PM »

This has nothing to do with you, but that post above really brings a tear to my eye.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »

This has nothing to do with you, but that post above really brings a tear to my eye.
The biggest mistake ever made on this forum was banning the great Governor John Engle. I still can't believe they did such a horrible thing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »

The biggest mistake ever made on this forum was banning the great Governor John Engle. I still can't believe they did such a horrible thing.

I can. Whenever something great returns, the overlord moderators ban them before it gets "out of hand."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2012, 06:35:58 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

I can. Whenever something great returns, the overlord moderators ban them before it gets "out of hand."

I never understood why people complained about them so much until they banned him.  It was like I was blind to their sinister agenda and then...suddenly...I could see the evil of the mod side.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »

1. You really ought to leave issues with the mod team outside of Atlasia - it's a bit unfair as 1) you don't know all of the facts to most moderation decisions; 2) you're fighting against somebody who can't fight back (or at least chooses not to fight back - I've had people cast votes and campaign agaisnt me based on moderator decisions; we don't moderate based on vendettas in Atlasia, so show us the same courtesy).
2. Do you have any plans to raise the issue of the wiki being out of date in regards to current Federal law--something which severely hinders our ability to effectively legislate and govern?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »

Inks, we must be John Engle's voice, as he has been silenced.

While it is listed as a responsibility of the Attorney General, I would be supportive of a constitutional amendment assigning it as a responsibility of the President that the statue be regularly updated during his tenure, otherwise face impeachment, similar to what we have in the Mideast. It can still be the Attorney General who is primarily responsible for it, but now the President may have some urgency on it as well, as he could face impeachment if it is neglected.

As President, I would immediately order set up a task force of Atlasians experienced with the Wiki and work with them to go "digging" and update it. Making sure the Constitution is up-to-date would be the first priority, followed by all other legislation. I would also happily serve on this committee.

As it stands, I'll probably begin sifting through the boards tomorrow to try and find all Constitutional Amendments and trying to add them in. I feel reasonably comfortable in taking that on as the Mideast's Wiki is in pretty good shape. It'll be difficult making sure they're in order, but I'll do my very best. Would be great if others would also pitch in. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »

He was a troll.  If he was just a troll and only trolled on Atlasia, and yall wanted to let him stay, that'd be something different.  But he was trolling on the rest of the forum.  We can't give people preferential treatment because they're (for some odd reason) adored on Atlasia... that would set up a pretty dangerous moderating precedent, don't you think?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »

Please don't use this thread to attack one of the greatest Atlasians ever to exist. Smiley Thanks!

Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »

Please don't use this thread to attack one of the greatest Atlasians ever to exist. Smiley Thanks!

Tongue

See, that's the problem... being an Atlasian shouldn't have anything to do with this conversation.  That thought process is a dangerous one, and while regular forum posters may adopt that thought process, I hope the mods never do.  What you and those who agree with you are advocating for may seem right in the moment, but the underlying principle is a dangerous one.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

Tongue

He was more thn just an Atlasin, he was givr of words and food!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 01:08:31 AM »

Another month, another BUMP! Smiley Ask away!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 01:20:47 AM »

What are your views on gun control? 

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2012, 01:45:26 AM by Merry Christmas from Tmthforu94! »

Had a feeling I would get this one...

I am deeply saddened by what happened in Sandy Hook - as someone who is planning to go into the education field, as well as having a godson who is four, the tragedy really hit home to me. Just thinking of how many presents went unopened on Christmas...it's a tragedy.

Sticking strictly to gun control, my view is slowly evolving on the issue. This is a big issue for me as a proud gun owner and hunter. I am in favor of requiring background checks - as someone who just filled out my application for a new license, I can say from personal experience that more is needed on that application. I also don't think it would be bad to register the more dangerous types of guns, perhaps even most. It's a tougher issue in Atlasia, as we can't use the argument that "it is a constitutional right for us to bear arms" as it isn't. Wink (Thought it is by our Mideast Constitution!!!)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mint chocolate chip. Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

What are your views on campaign finance reform in general?

What is your favorite candy?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »

What are your views on campaign finance reform in general?
Is it necessary? I feel bad for anyone who uses actual money to help win a campaign on here. Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.
A tough one - I like Mike and Ike's the most.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 03:15:12 AM »

Inks has herpes.

Mr. X is currently secretly dating two women at the same time.

Gass3268 runs a meth lab in his basement.

Benconstine is actually a pimp.

(Sorry, just trying to stir some discussion here)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »

Would it offend you if I said every time I thought of you here in Atlasia I'm reminded of the Mary Howitt poem about the Spider and the Fly?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 03:23:06 AM »

Would it offend you if I said every time I thought of you here in Atlasia I'm reminded of the Mary Howitt poem about the Spider and the Fly?
Because I entered and won't leave? Explain!!!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »

Boxers or briefs? What are your thoughts on the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »

Inks has herpes.

I am one of those two women that Mr. X is dating, as well as one of Ben's prostitutes, which Mr. X knows and is cool with, since we're very progressive and open with our relationship. I got into prostitution in the first place because I'm addicted to Gass's meth and needed money. While working, I contracted herpes. Inks was a frequent customer of mine, since he didn't have time for a girlfriend or even going to bars for random hookups because all his time was taken up by law school and being the Mideast assembly speaker at the same time. He stopped paying me though when he found out I gave him herpes, and now we awkwardly try to avoid each other in the Assembly.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »

Inks has herpes.

I am one of those two women that Mr. X is dating, as well as one of Ben's prostitutes, which Mr. X knows and is cool with, since we're very progressive and open with our relationship. I got into prostitution in the first place because I'm addicted to Gass's meth and needed money. While working, I contracted herpes. Inks was a frequent customer of mine, since he didn't have time for a girlfriend or even going to bars for random hookups because all his time was taken up by law school and being the Mideast assembly speaker at the same time. He stopped paying me though when he found out I gave him herpes, and now we awkwardly try to avoid each other in the Assembly.

There are women on the Atlas forum?  Surely that can't be what you're implying in the bolded section.  In any event, you must have me confused with someone else as I pay top dollar for prostitutes that are regularly checked for STDs.  Ben's are cheaper, but as Inks learned the hard way, sometimes the cheapest option isn't always the best Wink  On a different note, Tmth really should not be throwing stones about this stuff, I mean it's an open secret that he's TexasDem's secret lover.  However, the biggest scandal of the day has to be the discovery that Judge TJ in Cleve has been leading a double life as a kleptomaniac door-to-door unicycle salesman named TJ in Wisco.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »

I am currently in the process of writing up legislation that would legalize meth usage!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »

I am currently in the process of writing up legislation that would legalize meth usage!

Please don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

That's illegal, Gass.

And since when have I been Tmth's secret lover, X?!?! According to the Laborinth, he's having an illicit and passionate romance with Governor Scott.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2012, 05:39:39 PM »

That's illegal, Gass.

And since when have I been Tmth's secret lover, X?!?! According to the Laborinth, he's having an illicit and passionate romance with Governor Scott.

They're divorced, remember?  The secret is out, no need to keep trying to deny it Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies