Desperate Romney campaign, in last ditch attempt to win Ohio, releases false ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Desperate Romney campaign, in last ditch attempt to win Ohio, releases false ad
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Desperate Romney campaign, in last ditch attempt to win Ohio, releases false ad  (Read 3064 times)
milhouse24
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »

I still think a "Obama admitted to doing Cocaine a lot of times" would be an effective ad.  

Average people don't know Obama did cocaine, and are freaked out by illegal substances.  

People were freaked out when GW Bush did not deny the cocaine rumors, but then again he won a second term as well.  
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 11:55:55 PM »

What sort of evidence is this? If Romney was leading, he'd still be lying.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »

I still think a "Obama admitted to doing Cocaine a lot of times" would be an effective ad.  

Average people don't know Obama did cocaine, and are freaked out by illegal substances.  

People were freaked out when GW Bush did not deny the cocaine rumors, but then again he won a second term as well.  

I must say, I'm surprised you're so dang eager to lose this election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

I remember reading that Bush probably had a DWI, but denied it. So someone decided to sit on it until  right before the 2000 election. As a result, Bush lost the popular vote, and had to steal Florida. He would have had a clean win without the DWI being public.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 04:21:41 AM »

John Kasich says there are "internals" that show Romney ahead in Ohio.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2012/10/kasich-romney-will-carry-ohio-147503.html
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »

Considering how awful Kasich has been for Romney.... He needs to throw him a bone.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 01:41:16 PM »

Ah, good, they're finally admitting Rasmussen is an internal. Wink
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »

Well on Friday Romney's campaign manager was saying their internal polls showed them tied in OH. He also said they were tied on WI, IA and NH, so I think he was using the word 'tied' in a loose sense.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »

Obama releases a hard-hitting response ad, uses the L word: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iE5wBfM1LQ
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »

Romney needs a warm and uplifting "I'm a car guy" ad.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 10:52:45 PM »

Romney needs a warm and uplifting "I'm a car guy" ad.

Too be honest, living in DC and being inundated with adds, I haven't seen a positive Romney add since right after the first debate.   
BigSkyBob

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »

The real "desperation" is among those whom somehow want to claim that the objective fact that Lee Iaccoca endorsed Romney is somehow a "myth."  Any previous shareholder in GM, and Chrysler can tell you that their stake in the company was seized from them in bankruptcy court. This fact, too, is claimed to be a "myth." Fiat is opening a Jeep factory in China. Does anyone seriously doubt they won't notice the production costs they are saving? Again, where's the "myth?"

The one "myth" in Romney's ad is that it claims Obama sold Chrysler to an Italian company. It is more appropriate to note that Obama gave Chrysler to Fiat! Currently, Fiat is making money on its Chrysler operation, and, losing money in Italy!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 12:26:21 AM »

The left has been purporting a false narrative so long that it has become the objective truth to them. The only one who has been lying about the auto campanies is the obama campaign. Obama got caught red handed in the third debate on this matter and thus Romney smells an opportunity to try and finally knock this down, others who think they know the reality will desperately try and preserve the fallacy.

It is a matter of public record that Romney
1. called for bankruptcy restructuring to restore the companies and that no other path would succeed.  June 2009: Obama realized the same thing and put them into bankrupcty. 
2. That Romney did oppose a pre-restructuring bailout, but also acknowledge the need for some gov't help and stated when that would be best provided and how, after the restructing was in progress or at  the very least once a plan had been drawn up.

I don't know how they can claim the shareholders being wiped out is a myth. Do they not understand how bankruptcy works?

As for this  "Detroit will remember, Cleveland will remember". Remember what they were wrongly told about in the first place maybe. That is the key to this, is correcting the record. Obama can claim credit for saving GM, but that also means he gets credit for the negative aspects as well like the closed plants, dealers and lost pensions. In spite of that he can claim that he got the job done and thus benefits from that, slightly. But what makes this decisive is not that but the claim that Obama did it while Romney would have let you die. The situation with them is over and many people will be more concerned about the future then what happened in the past, unless you can claim the other guy wouldn't have done that thing.   
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »

Yankee, do you understand what this controversy is actually about? Because I'm not entirely sure you do. The latest argument over the auto bailout consists of Romney just outright lying about Chrysler moving production out of Ohio and over to China, because he "read somewhere" that was true, and then Chrysler literally came out and said the Romney campaign was just coming up with "fantasies." Continue on about your broader point (that I disagree with) about the bailout at large, but there is quite literally no truth to Romney latest auto bailout BS.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »

Yankee, do you understand what this controversy is actually about? Because I'm not entirely sure you do. The latest argument over the auto bailout consists of Romney just outright lying about Chrysler moving production out of Ohio and over to China, because he "read somewhere" that was true, and then Chrysler literally came out and said the Romney campaign was just coming up with "fantasies." Continue on about your broader point (that I disagree with) about the bailout at large, but there is quite literally no truth to Romney latest auto bailout BS.

I seem to recall that a certain President's administration claimed that plant being expanded in SC was taking production out of WA in order to avoid unionized workers even thought it wouldn't have likely been produced there anyway. The funny thing about outsourcing is that you can often claim erroneously that production added in some other place is production that wasn't added here. You guys make that argument all of the time. And typically in such instances the statements of the company themselves are rearely excepted as the truth. I am glad to see you are finally rejecting such protectionist arguments, your conversion to conservatism is proceeding a pace. Tongue

What do you disagree with in terms of what I said regarding the overall situation?

There is as much truth to the statement as there was to the claim regarding what Boeing was doing.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »

Let's be 100% clear here: running a blatantly untrue ad on your weakest issue a week before election day is not something a campaign that thinks it's on course to victory does.

Repeating a false mantra doesn't make it true. The ad is factual.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

You are literally lying inasmuch as Lee Iaccoca has endorsed Romney.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »

That has inks-all to do with what Marokai said. Find some better evidence, please.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

That has inks-all to do with what Marokai said. Find some better evidence, please.

When you claim that, "there is quite literally no truth," in an add you are disputing the factual accuracy of every claim in the ad. Lee Iaccoca did endorse Romney, so "literally" his statement is false. GM and Chrysler did go bankrupt.  Fiat is an Italian company that is opening a Jeep assembly plant in China. What you are asserting is little less than the claim that "spin" outweighs facts. It doesn't.

Obama was being hypocritical for denouncing Romney for advocating GM and Chrysler availing themselves to bankruptcy protection when Obama did exactly that himself. Now, his hypocrisy is catching up with him.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2012, 03:55:51 PM by True Federalist »

You do realize that Iaccoca retired from Chrysler's management 20 years ago, don't you?  While he has been used more recently than that as a pitchman, as far as commenting on what Chrysler is doing today he has as much credibility as Isuzu's old pitchman, Joe Isuzu, would have commenting on what Isuzu is doing. Maybe less.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »

You do realize that Iaccoca retired from Chrysler's management 20 years ago, don't you?

It is simply a fact that Lee Iaccoca endorsed Mitt Romney. That is a fact no matter how many years ago he retired.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies