OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:11:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47  (Read 5769 times)
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »

What marvelous news.  Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »

Eh, I still think there's a sneaky path for Mitt through Wisconsin.

Only one he has.  He's aware of this. 

Yeah but that path can't work if he loses both Ohio and Virginia, right?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 06:05:37 AM »

WI doesn't work without NV , CO, IA and VA right?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:38 AM »

No, that's not right.  If Romney wins WI but loses OH, then he also has to win CO and VA, but then only needs one out of three among IA, NH, and NV.  Or alternately, if Romney loses both OH and WI, he'd need to win all of CO, VA, IA, and NV just to tie (and presumably win in the House of Representatives), plus NH if he wants to win without tying.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11:06 AM »

No, he doesn't need Nevada if he wins Wisconsin:

Or:

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:42 AM »

If Ohio and Virginia both go for Obama, Romney must sweep the other seven battleground states. Wisconsin is only a must-win for Romney if Obama wins Ohio plus any of the 6+EV battlegrounds. In other words, if Obama wins OH+NV or OH+IA (the next smallest battlegrounds after NH), Romney absolutely must win WI. I'm fairly certain NH is irrelevant as to the winner if Obama wins OH (unless you bring ME-02 or something else new into the equation).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »

No, that's not right.  If Romney wins WI but loses OH, then he also has to win CO and VA, but then only needs one out of three among IA, NH, and NV.  Or alternately, if Romney loses both OH and WI, he'd need to win all of CO, VA, IA, and NV just to tie (and presumably win in the House of Representatives), plus NH if he wants to win without tying.

The only state on this list I'm fairly confident of Obama carrying is NV. So to put it another way, Romney HAS to carry OH or WI to win.

And the latter requires VA & CO, plus either IA or NH
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 01:54:15 PM »

The only state on this list I'm fairly confident of Obama carrying is NV. So to put it another way, Romney HAS to carry OH or WI to win.

Yes, we know, we know, Badger. Rub it in baby. Pity that the LDS fertility rate is not up around 15 or so, so that Utah gained 3 more electoral votes, rather than just one. Or something like that. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »

If I were all the Republican trolls and the like here, I would stock up on some good whiskey like I have for election night. Mittens isn't winning this thing, and if he does I will gladly leave the forum forever, so you may as well prepare for another 4 years of Obama.

You're one of the guys I'm most sorry for... your cause deserves better.

How long before he's accused of being a RINO?

Me or Mittens? I'm called a RINO every day of my life Tongue

Mittens will probably be labeled as one when he does lose, and the tea party will likely try to tighten their grip on the party, at which point I leave the GOP once and for all.

They have taken out good Republicans like Lugar and Castle for nuts. I hope we lose Indiana. I know that sounds bad, but the crazies don't need to be anywhere near Washington.

What bothers me most are the young kids who are growing up in this environment now. They will either adopt the views of the crazies or see the Democrats as the only sane alternative, and having a one party state is never good for anyone.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 02:34:29 PM »

Dukie, you need to break out the whiskey now. That was the most depressing dirge that I have read in some time.  No new gf yet or something?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »

Mittens will probably be labeled as one when he does lose, and the tea party will likely try to tighten their grip on the party, at which point I leave the GOP once and for all.

They have taken out good Republicans like Lugar and Castle for nuts. I hope we lose Indiana. I know that sounds bad, but the crazies don't need to be anywhere near Washington.

What bothers me most are the young kids who are growing up in this environment now. They will either adopt the views of the crazies or see the Democrats as the only sane alternative, and having a one party state is never good for anyone.

Good man, good man.  You remind me so much of my father, politically.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 02:37:42 PM »

Dukie, you need to break out the whiskey now. That was the most depressing dirge that I have read in some time.  No new gf yet or something?

Con Law, Federal Income tax law, and criminal law are all I have in my dating life at the moment. The law is my new lover, and she is much colder than my last. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »

Dukie, you need to break out the whiskey now. That was the most depressing dirge that I have read in some time.  No new gf yet or something?

Con Law, Federal Income tax law, and criminal law are all I have in my dating life at the moment. The law is my new lover, and she is much colder than my last. Tongue

Sounds like suicide watch time. Have you learned the difference in the Tax Code between "realization" and "recognition" yet?  Expert periodic pop quizzes from me by the way. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Dukie, you need to break out the whiskey now. That was the most depressing dirge that I have read in some time.  No new gf yet or something?

Sounds like suicide watch time. Have you learned the difference in the Tax Code between "realization" and "recognition" yet?  Expert periodic pop quizzes from me by the way. Tongue

Yes... section 1001 is my new best friend Tongue

And tax law is the reason I occasionally go on these diatribes, but I look forward to your quizzes all the same.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »

Yes, we know, we know, Badger. Rub it in baby. Pity that the LDS fertility rate is not up around 15 or so, so that Utah gained 3 more electoral votes, rather than just one. Or something like that. Tongue

Hey, just calling it as I see it. There are more than enough cheerleaders on both sides on this board.

Besides, other than NV, I'm not sure there's a state on that list Romney can't realistically win. That includes OH, though that's the second least likely on the list, IMO.

Regardless, if Romnney can carry WI, he could realistically thread the needle with those other necessary states too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies