OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OH: Public Policy Polling: Obama up 51-47  (Read 5794 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 08:48:23 PM »

Lol, Again better hope you get that D+8 turnout.  Sure aren't any signs out there that you are.  Remember all the hope you're being given by these polls with Samples that "don't matter". 

PPP continues to be way out there, obviously biased.  They are way off compared to everyone else on independents, maybe they call different independents. Roll Eyes

Jesus, are you serious right now?
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »

I'm serious Smiley you guys are getting all fired up about a partisan hack pollster...  that's hired by kos, hcan, seiu, etc..... 

not too mention they bring another poll that is off by more than 50% in the early voting, they have zero credibility except with the far left.  For some reason you guys don't understand that. 

At least they are consistent. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:49 PM »

I'm serious Smiley you guys are getting all fired up about a partisan hack pollster...  that's hired by kos, hcan, seiu, etc..... 

not too mention they bring another poll that is off by more than 50% in the early voting, they have zero credibility except with the far left.  For some reason you guys don't understand that. 

When PPP nails Ohio, will you at least admit it?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:08 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2012, 09:00:17 PM by MilesC56 »

I'm serious Smiley you guys are getting all fired up about a partisan hack pollster...  that's hired by kos, hcan, seiu, etc.....  

So Rasmussen was hired by Fox and the Bush campaign. Does that mean Rasmussen is a right-wing hack pollster?

I also guess its worth saying that PPP underestimated Obama in OH during 2008/ 
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »

The bottom line to all of their polls is if Obama get's better turnout than 08, he will squeak out a win maybe.  That should be very comforting to you.....

Cliffy
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »

I'm sure they will in the future if they are around after this.  I've said it before and I'll keep saying it if you get as good or better turnout than 08 you'll probably win.  Nothing suggests you guys will come close to that.  You know you won't get D+8 or greater turnout in Ohio.  If you think you will good luck. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »

I'm sure they will in the future if they are around after this.  I've said it before and I'll keep saying it if you get as good or better turnout than 08 you'll probably win.  Nothing suggests you guys will come close to that.  You know you won't get D+8 or greater turnout in Ohio.  If you think you will good luck. 

So, when we are right, we aren't right.  Awesome, Cliffy, you are truly a gem on this board. 
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31:16 PM »

PPP is not nailing Ohio. Not with a poll that has a bigger turnout of Democrats than '08 when the demographic shift in the state isn't favorable for Democrats -- in a state where the sitting President has declared war on the livelihoods of many voters in the Southeast quadrant of the state.

Further, the suggested self-identification breakdown of the electorate from multiple pollsters claims that this will NOT be a net Democrat ID partisan election where Republicans should see a +7 or +8 shift. But through PPP's magic special sauce, Obama voters magically self identify MORE with the sitting President's party.

Even if you want to argue the shift is R+2 or R+3, it's R+ something.

Ohio doesn't normally buck trends like that and go the other way. It's usually a bellwether.

Not to say that Romney can't lose Ohio, but I'd be shocked if you saw the same +4 or +5 pro-Obama result that you did in 2008. I'd bet you not even Obama's own internal polling is showing that much of a lead. If it were, he wouldn't be hitting OH as hard.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »

this poll is all screwed up because of the early voting being off by 100% greater than actual, just all ate up.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 10:09:31 PM »

this poll is all screwed up because of the early voting being off by 100% greater than actual, just all ate up.
Oversampling of statistically insignificant subsamples of Early Votes could be the story of the election. As well as early voters fooling the likely voter screen.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »

Goodbye Mitt.
Mister Twister

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »

Great pics guys!^^^

Keep up the fight, Romney's forces are wavering.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:16 PM »

Great pics guys!^^^

The real question on election night will be between whether Obama will outperform his 2008 result in Ohio or not. You heard it here first folks.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

Great pics guys!^^^

The real question on election night will be between whether Obama will outperform his 2008 result in Ohio or not. You heard it here first folks.

If the Romney campaign strategy is any indication, then yes.  Barack will crack 52%.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:48 PM »

Great pics guys!^^^

If the Romney campaign strategy is any indication, then yes.  Barack will crack 52%.

In what reputable national telephone poll has Obama cracked 50, more or less 52? (And don't say Zogby's online poll).
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »

Great pics guys!^^^

In what reputable national telephone poll has Obama cracked 50, more or less 52? (And don't say Zogby's online poll).

'In Ohio'.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »

If I were all the Republican trolls and the like here, I would stock up on some good whiskey like I have for election night. Mittens isn't winning this thing, and if he does I will gladly leave the forum forever, so you may as well prepare for another 4 years of Obama.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 11:19:46 PM »

God bless the staff of Obama's 300+ Ohio offices, who are indeed serving the Lord and are assisting us in a victory to help us take America for Jesus Christ.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 11:21:45 PM »

God bless the staff of Obama's 300+ Ohio offices, who are indeed serving the Lord and are assisting us in a victory to help us take America for Jesus Christ.

This is the most epic thing you've ever posted, BRTD.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2012, 11:24:07 PM »

This is the most epic thing you've ever posted, BRTD.

Let nobody question BRTD's flair for the dramatic.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »

If I were all the Republican trolls and the like here, I would stock up on some good whiskey like I have for election night. Mittens isn't winning this thing, and if he does I will gladly leave the forum forever, so you may as well prepare for another 4 years of Obama.

You're one of the guys I'm most sorry for... your cause deserves better.

How long before he's accused of being a RINO?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2012, 01:26:46 AM »

Eh, I still think there's a sneaky path for Mitt through Wisconsin.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2012, 03:13:27 AM »

Eh, I still think there's a sneaky path for Mitt through Wisconsin.

Only one he has.  He's aware of this. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies