Letter to the great people of Atlasia.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:03:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Letter to the great people of Atlasia.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Letter to the great people of Atlasia.  (Read 1557 times)
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2005, 04:10:40 PM »

Dear, Atlasia Residents.                   

I write to you today to get a few things off my chest about the ongoing campaign for Senate. In Recent Ad’s my opponents have attacked me for not being active in the campaign and for not being a “real conservative.”

I want to first address the statement by SamSpade that I am inactive and not campaigning. Well, He is right I am not making a silly Ad or giving a speech every day, But to me that is not what is important. I want a senator that wants to get things done and make the Southeast a better place to live. So if you are looking for a person that wants to make a funny, little negative ad, trashing there opponents, Then you should not vote for me. I would suggest you vote our current senator (he seems to like making them the most). I understand why some people make Ad’s and speeches, to let voters know where they stand in important issues. Well I have made that very clear in my platform (https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=15917.0) and if there is anything anyone would like to ask me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Senator States Rights said in a recent ad that I was a RINO and not a real conservative. Well all I have to say to that is I am not pretending to be anything I am not. I make all my positions clear, my political Compass scores are posted and I have never once claimed to be an ultra-conservative. I am a moderate Republican, Far more moderate than either of my opponents.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I ask all voters to read the platforms, ask me questions and don’t be swayed by the lies that opponents throw around.

Thank you,
                                                                                                            -George W. Bush
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:20:46 PM »

You're taking this way too harshly. You have to know that these ads are supposed to be funny. If you don't like the ads then don't play the game. It's that simple. States can make all the ads he pleases, this is States style, to make wacky attack ads on his opponents. His ads are almost a satire on REAL Attack Ads. You have to remember this is supposed to be fun. We act like a real country but in reality we are playing a game.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »

You're taking this way too harshly. You have to know that these ads are supposed to be funny. If you don't like the ads then don't play the game. It's that simple. States can make all the ads he pleases, this is States style, to make wacky attack ads on his opponents. His ads are almost a satire on REAL Attack Ads. You have to remember this is supposed to be fun. We act like a real country but in reality we are playing a game.

That’s fine; I never said he couldn’t make Ridiculous Ads. As you said it is his style. All I was trying to say by posting this was it is not my style. I can defend myself all I want too. Smiley
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 06:33:29 PM »

Dear, Atlasia Residents.                   

I write to you today to get a few things off my chest about the ongoing campaign for Senate. In Recent Ad’s my opponents have attacked me for not being active in the campaign and for not being a “real conservative.”

I want to first address the statement by SamSpade that I am inactive and not campaigning. Well, He is right I am not making a silly Ad or giving a speech every day, But to me that is not what is important. I want a senator that wants to get things done and make the Southeast a better place to live. So if you are looking for a person that wants to make a funny, little negative ad, trashing there opponents, Then you should not vote for me. I would suggest you vote our current senator (he seems to like making them the most). I understand why some people make Ad’s and speeches, to let voters know where they stand in important issues. Well I have made that very clear in my platform (https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=15917.0) and if there is anything anyone would like to ask me, I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Senator States Rights said in a recent ad that I was a RINO and not a real conservative. Well all I have to say to that is I am not pretending to be anything I am not. I make all my positions clear, my political Compass scores are posted and I have never once claimed to be an ultra-conservative. I am a moderate Republican, Far more moderate than either of my opponents.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I ask all voters to read the platforms, ask me questions and don’t be swayed by the lies that opponents throw around.

Thank you,
                                                                                                            -George W. Bush

no hablo ingles! ¿se habla espanol?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 08:47:21 PM »

Win or lose, George W. Bush, I think you'd be a good fit with the Freedom Party on the Atlas.

Here's a link to the platform:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=15363.0

We have no problem with moderate Republicans joining. Kiki
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 01:39:59 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2005, 01:42:58 PM by Democratic 'Hawk' »

You are certainly the moderate candidate in District 4 and that wins favour with me. Had you been a Democrat you would definitely get me vote

The question now is do I support a moderate Republican or a conservative Democrat (i.e. Sam Spade). I'm a staunch partisan and don't go Republican all that easily, but I'm also a proud economic liberal and social moderate. Your political compass is closer to mine of all the candidates

Dave
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »

You are certainly the moderate candidate in District 4 and then wins favour with me. Had you been a Democrat you would definitely get me vote.

The question now is do I support a moderate Republican or a conservative Democrat (i.e. Sam Spade). I'm a staunch partisan, but also a proud economic liberal and social moderate. Your political compass is closer to mine of all the candidates

I'll look deep into my consicence before I vote

Dave

This post is just idiotic. I don't mean to insult you but you have continually failed to realise their is more in politics than avatars, especially in Atlasian politics. StatesRights has a red avatar, does that mean you'll vote for him? If you were in my region and I changed my avatar to red would you vote for me? This is the kind of idiocy that we talk about when we say that people are involved in avatar voting. This is just outrageous.

FYI, Sam is not a Democrat. He is part of the Constitutional Union Party and is strongly conservative. He has a red avatar only to support his family, who were all Democrats.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 01:51:41 PM »

Win or lose, George W. Bush, I think you'd be a good fit with the Freedom Party on the Atlas.

Here's a link to the platform:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=15363.0

We have no problem with moderate Republicans joining. Kiki

I very much agree, now that I see your compass score.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 01:53:35 PM »

You are certainly the moderate candidate in District 4 and then wins favour with me. Had you been a Democrat you would definitely get me vote.

The question now is do I support a moderate Republican or a conservative Democrat (i.e. Sam Spade). I'm a staunch partisan, but also a proud economic liberal and social moderate. Your political compass is closer to mine of all the candidates

Dave

This post is just idiotic. I don't mean to insult you but you have continually failed to realise their is more in politics than avatars, especially in Atlasian politics. StatesRights has a red avatar, does that mean you'll vote for him? If you were in my region and I changed my avatar to red would you vote for me? This is the kind of idiocy that we talk about when we say that people are involved in avatar voting. This is just outrageous.

FYI, Sam is not a Democrat. He is part of the Constitutional Union Party and is strongly conservative. He has a red avatar only to support his family, who were all Democrats.

Having dragged myself from reality into Atlasia (it can be difficult switching off) and since I'm pretty moderate, then it makes sense that I vote moderate, rather than conservative

Dave
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 01:56:47 PM »

Dave

Having dragged myself from reality into Atlasia (it can be difficult switching off) and since I'm pretty moderate, then it makes sense that I vote moderate, rather than conservative

Dave

Well then stop voting based on avatar. If you can't seperate Atlasia from reality then don't vote. You have to remember this is a "country" where many different views and parties are formed and expressed so you need to get beyond the view of "I'm going to vote for this guy because he has a red avatar."
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 02:01:58 PM »

Dave

Colin, I am also a registered Democrat.  That's also another reason for the red.  Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 02:03:28 PM »

Dave

Colin, I am also a registered Democrat.  That's also another reason for the red.  Smiley

Oh I didn't know that.

[subliminal message]
COME OVER TO THE RIGHT SIDE
[/subliminal message] Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 02:14:15 PM »

Dave

Oh I didn't know that.

[subliminal message]

Hey now!  I've always been a Democrat and I ain't ever gonna change from that. 

It's a tradition and a meaning that you Yankees just don't understand...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 03:04:32 PM »

Dave

Oh I didn't know that.

[subliminal message]

Yankees? I though you were from some place like Maryland and you have a Louisiana avatar just because your families from there?

Well if you think that your better than us "Yankees" why don't you just succeed again so that you can be crushed, again. Smiley
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 03:10:04 PM »

Dave

Oh I didn't know that.

[subliminal message]

Yankees? I though you were from some place like Maryland and you have a Louisiana avatar just because your families from there?

Well if you think that your better than us "Yankees" why don't you just succeed again so that you can be crushed, again. Smiley

Um, actually they didn't succeed.  Their secession failed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 03:12:19 PM »

Dave

Oh I didn't know that.

[subliminal message]

Smiley

Truth of the matter:  I'm originally from Texas, moved to Maryland a couple of years ago for schooling and have a good amount of family in Louisiana.  That's the reason why I registered there.

Besides, at the time, there was no one in the state (I don't know whether anyone still is) as opposed to Texas and Maryland.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 03:13:25 PM »

Dave

Dave

Well then stop voting based on avatar. If you can't seperate Atlasia from reality then don't vote. You have to remember this is a "country" where many different views and parties are formed and expressed so you need to get beyond the view of "I'm going to vote for this guy because he has a red avatar."

Actually, UI don't think the problem is as much avatar voting as it is historic voting. Everytime one of the old guard decides he'll come back to politics, everyone automatically swings their support towards him, not because he is a particulary good candidate, but because he "was here from the begining" or something like that. How are the newcomes going to feel encouraged to become involved and run for office if anytime one of the dinossaurs decides to come back they will just be coronated and the newer guy will just be a sacrificial lamb?
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 05:24:40 PM »

I'd welcome you into the party, George W, I think you would fit in well.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 05:35:48 PM »

I'd welcome you into the party, George W, I think you would fit in well.

Thanks Preston Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2005, 07:25:51 PM »

When's the district 4 debate?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2005, 07:28:09 PM »

February 10th and I'm moderating it.  Unless the candidates want to start it early?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2005, 07:35:25 PM »

I'll start whenever everyone else wants to start.  Smiley

Did States agree to be part of the debate?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2005, 07:36:31 PM »

I'll start whenever everyone else wants to start.  Smiley

Did States agree to be part of the debate?

Not yet, but I assume he'll see it and contribute.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2005, 08:02:04 PM »

I'm really looking foward to it.  I'm going to make my final decision on who to support after the debate.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2005, 09:02:56 PM »

Yea, The 10th wil be great. Whats tith the Diffrent states guys?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies