MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:23:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MO: Mason-Dixon: McCaskill-Akin dead heat.  (Read 3542 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 09:23:43 PM »

If Akin wins Missouri's statehood should be revoked for 6 years.

Also Republicans on this forum can go ahead and admit they're rooting for the rape apologist. Everyone knows it. Smiley
Yeah, I hope he wins. If I lived in Missouri, I would have voted for him.
Good to know you openly support both notorious rape defending Senate candidates.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »

Good to know you blame the unborn child for the crime. Roll Eyes

Do you support the death penalty, Becca?
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »

Is that the issue here? I know a lot of Republicans oppose abortion in all instances. That's not a surprise.

The ones who say rape is part of God's plan, qualify rapes as "legitimate", and say women have biological mechanisms to protect them from rape pregnancies are seriously sick and misguided individuals.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »

It seems to be since neither candidate defended rape.

I don't recall either of them saying Rape was part of god's plan. I am pretty sure Mourdock even said "God doesn't want rape, Got hates rape" or something similar to that just prior to the line about the pregancy being God's will.

Akin is an idiot who distorted science to defend his view, however I doubt he defends or supports rape.

Now once again, do you support the death penalty?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »

When you're a Republican in Missouri and you're jumping for joy over a poll that shows you down 2%, you know you're probably in trouble.

It might end up being closer than it should be but Akin isn't going win. Sorry guys.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »

I don't recall either of them saying Rape was part of god's plan. I am pretty sure Mourdock even said "God doesn't want rape, Got hates rape" or something similar to that just prior to the line about the pregancy being God's will.

Akin is an idiot who distorted science to defend his view, however I doubt he defends or supports rape.

I don't know why you're bringing up an irrelevant issue, but yes I do actually. I also support assisted suicide and death panels.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »

I don't know why you're bringing up an irrelevant issue, but yes I do actually. I also support assisted suicide and death panels.

Your contention is basically that these people endorse/condone/justify rape. Both of these are typical "tough on crime" Republicans and I know that Mourdock does in fact support the death penalty (Akin probably does as well) and that would likely include murderors who rape their victims before hand. Basically my point is, you can hit Akin for being stupid and hit Mourdock on being insensitive, and criticize the position of opposing an excemption for rape, but I don't get why you need to fabricate another charge that is baseless when what they actually did is bad enough. In fact by doing so, you provide both of them an opening.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 02:17:55 PM »

I'm a poster on a message board. I'm not providing them anything!

So I can go ahead and state the obvious - they're both disgusting bigots who have no place in the Senate. They're just lucky they live in states where there are a lot of other disgusting bigots to vote for them, but it may not be enough.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »

I'm a poster on a message board. I'm not providing them anything!

So I can go ahead and state the obvious - they're both disgusting bigots who have no place in the Senate. They're just lucky they live in states where there are a lot of other disgusting bigots to vote for them, but it may not be enough.

I was speaking in hypothetical terms, that argument does provide them a strategic opening were it to be used against them in some form.

You are of course free to state your opinion and use whatever style you want to. However, I am not one for excessive rhetoric, especially when the person in question has made mistakes greivous enough as it is. I find the style you display here in this thread to be just as problematic as the extreme positions taken by these two candidates, in terms of politics being so inept and incapable of solving our problems. Do they lose the right to exist because you disagree with them on an issue?
Mister Twister

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »

When it comes to rape, is Akin correct when he says it is impossible or is Mourdock correct when he says it's God's gift?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 11:57:56 PM »

When it comes to rape, is Akin correct when he says it is impossible or is Mourdock correct when he says it's God's gift?

Is this aimed at someone in particular? For your sake I hope that is just a rhetorical question.

Akin never said rape was impossible and Mourdock never said rape was a gift from god. Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »

No wonder opebo escaped from Missouri.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 09:17:31 PM »

Looking at the crosstabs here - Democrats support McCaskill with 97%, with Akin not even getting 1%. Only 3% undecided. However, with Republicans, 9% remain undecided. Akin leads 42-36 amongst Independents, with Dine getting 9% (unlikely to actually occur), and 13% undecided. Mitt Romney leads with Independents 57-34.

This leads me to think that most undecided voters, almost all who are either Republicans or Independents who support Romney, likely lean to the right, and are currently battling on whether to vote on who they like personally or who they agree with politically. It appears that undecideds should break towards Akin, so I think this race could be close like 2006.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:36 AM »

The toplines look too R here, so I'm not sure whether I'd completely trust this.

The topline  was in line with two other polls, all showing Romney in double digits. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:56 AM »

Looking at the crosstabs here - Democrats support McCaskill with 97%, with Akin not even getting 1%. Only 3% undecided. However, with Republicans, 9% remain undecided. Akin leads 42-36 amongst Independents, with Dine getting 9% (unlikely to actually occur), and 13% undecided. Mitt Romney leads with Independents 57-34.

This leads me to think that most undecided voters, almost all who are either Republicans or Independents who support Romney, likely lean to the right, and are currently battling on whether to vote on who they like personally or who they agree with politically. It appears that undecideds should break towards Akin, so I think this race could be close like 2006.

Of course it'll be relatively close. But Akin has a hard path to an actual plurality.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »

Of course all the undecides are right leaning, for a democrat to be doing well in Missouri, they'd have to pick up some R- leaners.  Just because they'd vote for Romney doesn't mean they'll vote for Akin.  Akin and Romney are two completely different people, and one of them has yet to completely murder their campaign. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies