MA: Rasmussen: Warren leads by 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA: Rasmussen: Warren leads by 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Rasmussen: Warren leads by 5  (Read 1785 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:44:39 AM »

New Poll: Massachusetts Senator by Rasmussen on 2012-10-25

Summary: D: 52%, R: 47%, U: 1%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »

Rassy is moving this from Tossup to Lean D.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »

Brown will make an excellent Governor in a few years.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »

I think so too. His favorables are still high.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 12:00:01 PM »

Stick it.

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »

I think so too. His favorables are still high.

Not nearly as high as they were.

Brown will indeed probably make a pretty decent governor if he makes one at all. The Massachusetts political system actually makes it kind of hard to screw up too badly, because there's inertia in a lot of places. The worst recent governors were Cellucci, who was disinterested, and Romney, who pissed a lot of people off without necessity but didn't loot the state Rick Scott-style or tear it apart Scott Walker-style. Other than those two I can't think of a 'bad' governor we've had since at least the seventies.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »

I think this one is pretty much over.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

I think this one is pretty much over.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 07:36:06 PM »

Yeah, I will vote for Brown for governor in 2014. There are a lot of people in other Massachusetts cities like Worcester and Fitchburg that legitimately like Brown even though they voted for Obama. I think as long as this doesn't become a humiliating blowout, he'll be able to recuperate for the gubernatorial race.

I like him a lot actually, but I find Mitch McConnell to be a loathsome creature, and I refuse to support his rise to majority leader in any way. In this case, Brown is just collateral damage - nothing personal against him, just business.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 02:57:01 PM »

Yeah, I will vote for Brown for governor in 2014. There are a lot of people in other Massachusetts cities like Worcester and Fitchburg that legitimately like Brown even though they voted for Obama. I think as long as this doesn't become a humiliating blowout, he'll be able to recuperate for the gubernatorial race.

I like him a lot actually, but I find Mitch McConnell to be a loathsome creature, and I refuse to support his rise to majority leader in any way. In this case, Brown is just collateral damage - nothing personal against him, just business.

^ I don't much like Brown, but I can vouch for the fact that a lot of people in Massachusetts are thinking and feeling like this right now.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 03:08:57 PM »

^ I don't much like Brown, but I can vouch for the fact that a lot of people in Massachusetts are thinking and feeling like this right now.

Brown 2010: "I'll be 41." Warren 2012: "I'll be 50/51! Wink How quickly things change.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2012, 05:55:50 PM by Speed of Sound »

Brown 2010: "I'll be 41." Warren 2012: "I'll be 50/51! Wink How quickly things change.
And how quickly they'll change again.

If Rassy's moving this thing to Lean D, it's completely over. We'll look back at the "Supreme Court" debate question as the needle mover.

Shame for Brown really, though, if most of his constituents feel the way being expressed here. A victim of the system which time and time again brings so many to vote for someone other than who they honestly think would do the best job.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:19 PM »

If Shelley Berkley wasn't running and Tammy Baldwin wasn't a lesbian, Elizabeth Warren would be my favorite new Senator!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

I wonder if Brown would be doing better if the Republicans didn't have a legitimate shot of taking the Senate (i.e. if 2010 hadn't been a wave year somehow and Democrats had 57 or 58 seats).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 06:21:12 AM »

Hopefully when he runs for governor he'll ditch the phony Tea Party act that he rode through that special election with and run as a liberal.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 12:17:51 PM »

And how quickly they'll change again.

If Rassy's moving this thing to Lean D, it's completely over. We'll look back at the "Supreme Court" debate question as the needle mover.

Shame for Brown really, though, if most of his constituents feel the way being expressed here. A victim of the system which time and time again brings so many to vote for someone other than who they honestly think would do the best job.
Actually, he's done a lot of harm to his image and his favorables are in the 40s.   I like GOP governors here from time to time to keep the legislature honest (as the state GOP is otherwise useless), but I'd never vote for him.  Very negative campaign with his attacks on her heritage, false claims about her legal work (where her clients ended up in her commercials), and demeaning attitude.  He would have done much better attacking her on an issues-based campaign.  He'd have a chance because of his support from blue-collar Dems (who love his truck), but he's lost the votes of moderate white-collar Dems like myself.  Tisei, who is running in the 6th district for the GOP, would have a better chance IMO assuming Deval Patrick remains resolute in his desire to move on..

As someone mentioned earlier, Romney's was the worst governor we've had for the 27 years I've lived here.  He was running for President the day he got elected and his record of inaction and absenteeism augmented by his ability to piss people off would have been the basis for getting avalanched if he ran again. After he left he proceeded to crap all over the state. He certainly had successes he can point to elsewhere, but not here, and I can't imagine how he'd perform well in foreign affairs.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies