AZ: Rasmussen: Romney +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:26:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  AZ: Rasmussen: Romney +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ: Rasmussen: Romney +8  (Read 2413 times)
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« on: October 27, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »

Arizona will probably go to Romney this time, but once Obama citizenizes all Mexicans in the country, it'll be a comfortably Democratic state

If you wanna say something flagrant at least use proper terminology. Naturalize is the term you're looking for.
I know citizenize isn't a real word but I used it anyway. What a nerd to try to correct me.

And sorry but the truth hurts. As long as the GOP continues its anti-Mexican rhetoric, it will be the minority party and its numbers will get much worse when everyone in this country rightfully becomes a citizen. I actually believe that is the right policy so I'm not just supporting it for political gain, although that is definitely an added bonus. Texas and Arizona being competitive will destroy the GOP.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Spend some time in Arizona, every naturalized person of Hispanic descent in Arizona is off-set by retiring northerners (esp from Alberta) who trend republican. It would take a lot to shift that dynamic in any major way. Texas is a different case, but again I think it has much the same dynamics as Alberta, where despite the varying backgrounds of people, they become more conservative as a result of being steeped in it once they get there. (the centre as it were is pushed to the right as a result of the culture there)
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »

Arizona will probably go to Romney this time, but once Obama citizenizes all Mexicans in the country, it'll be a comfortably Democratic state

If you wanna say something flagrant at least use proper terminology. Naturalize is the term you're looking for.
I know citizenize isn't a real word but I used it anyway. What a nerd to try to correct me.

And sorry but the truth hurts. As long as the GOP continues its anti-Mexican rhetoric, it will be the minority party and its numbers will get much worse when everyone in this country rightfully becomes a citizen. I actually believe that is the right policy so I'm not just supporting it for political gain, although that is definitely an added bonus. Texas and Arizona being competitive will destroy the GOP.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Spend some time in Arizona, every naturalized person of Hispanic descent in Arizona is off-set by retiring northerners (esp from Alberta) who trend republican. It would take a lot to shift that dynamic in any major way. Texas is a different case, but again I think it has much the same dynamics as Alberta, where despite the varying backgrounds of people, they become more conservative as a result of being steeped in it once they get there. (the centre as it were is pushed to the right as a result of the culture there)

Not really: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/why-arizona-isnt-a-battleground-state-and-why-it-may-be-soon/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Arizona can probably flip, even without comprehensive immigration reform that grants citizenship. 2012 Arizona is going to look awfully similar to 2004 Nevada/Colorado.

Lol at taking 538 at face value. It's as objective as fox news, so there's that. And also in that article it says that Arizona "isnt that near" the tipping point. Arizona still has 4 out of the 10 cities with greatest population % over 65, and is second only to Florida in attracting retired people. As immigration from Mexico slows (as it has been for a while now) its possible that Latino % of the population will stabilize or decline relative to the influx of older people. I would say Arizona won't look like colorado until 20 or 24, if it ever does that is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies