NC: Public Policy Polling: Another poll, another big McCrory lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:51:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NC: Public Policy Polling: Another poll, another big McCrory lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Public Policy Polling: Another poll, another big McCrory lead  (Read 1847 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Governor by Public Policy Polling on 2012-10-25

Summary: D: 37%, R: 50%, U: 8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

Ouch. Its up to 13.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »

If he wins by 12 to 15, he probably will wash in a lot of the council of state Republicans. Probably not Goldman with her nonsense, but many of the others certainly.

The most surprising one is the DPI giving Atkinson only a 2% lead.

Why didn't they poll the LG race?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »

I actually asked Tom Jensen about that. He said that they do the LG race every other poll. They'll have it next poll; Forest was up 1 last time.

I think despite Dalton at the top of the ticket, the other Dems will be ok. Marshall should win as should Cowell. Wood is the the one running against Goldman, right?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »

Yes, but that is primarily because of the scandal regarding Goldman's time on the Wake County school board. Have they not talked about this as much in your area? Apparently she had an affair with another GOP member and then voted against an assignment plan as way of breaking off the relationship. I didn't vote for her in the primary because I didn't think she had the right experience.

There will be some exceptions of course, but at least according to the consensus on NC Spin was that if McCory was in the double digits, many Republicans would be washed in. They described LG as the firewall between McCrory and the rest of the council of state and that if that goes, the council of state will see some big shifts.

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »

Yes, but that is primarily because of the scandal regarding Goldman's time on the Wake County school board. Have they not talked about this as much in your area?

I don't psychically live in NC, so I don't get the local analysis on these races.

There will be some exceptions of course, but at least according to the consensus on NC Spin was that if McCory was in the double digits, many Republicans would be washed in. They described LG as the firewall between McCrory and the rest of the council of state and that if that goes, the council of state will see some big shifts.

I can actually see that. The Democrats should be guaranteed Cooper (obviously), Marshall and Wood though.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »

Wasn't there some kind of scandal in Wood's first year in office back in 2009? I seem to remember something about that. Most of the reviews seem to be positive. If I can clear this up before I vote on Monday/Tuesday (hopefully the storm doesn't pre-empt us), she might be the only Democrat I vote for this time around.

Were it not for McIntyre's Mediscare and bogus nonesense about outsoucing tax breaks, I might consider voting for him over Rouzer. There are things I don't like about both candidates, but it is coming down to a vote based on who I want in charge of the House at this point. McIntyre can run against illegals all he wants to, but as long as he is a Democrat in the House, he is empowering the open borders crowd on the committee chairmanships.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »

Yes, but that is primarily because of the scandal regarding Goldman's time on the Wake County school board. Have they not talked about this as much in your area?

I don't psychically live in NC, so I don't get the local analysis on these races.

I can actually see that. The Democrats should be guaranteed Cooper (obviously), Marshall and Wood though.

Yes of course, but I thought you would still be keeping tabs on local political news. Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »

Yes of course, but I thought you would still be keeping tabs on local political news. Tongue

Well, I follow the Congressional races much more closely.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies