PPP NC: Tied.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:51:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP NC: Tied.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PPP NC: Tied.  (Read 5113 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »

No way this can be true, J.J. told me NC was gone for Obama.

It isn't.  D turnout is running well behind 2008.  In theory, Obama could be tied in early voting, but that would be a disaster for him.

Who needs facts?

I don't think you have any right to discuss what other people need....
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »

It isn't.  D turnout is running well behind 2008.  In theory, Obama could be tied in early voting, but that would be a disaster for him.

Who needs facts?

It's really funny to see people like you ignore what's actually happening on the ground when your own obama fellow tells people to look at whats actually happening on the ground.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »

It isn't.  D turnout is running well behind 2008.  In theory, Obama could be tied in early voting, but that would be a disaster for him.

No, the poll says he's up 15% in early voting.

He would have to be winning roughly all the D vote and 2/3 of the NP vote.  Outlier possibly, or a really bad weighting. 

Current NC Early Vote Party Reg   
Dem   50.7%
Rep   30.5%
None/Oth   18.8%

From that, it looks like he just needs to be winning about half of independents and 85% of Democrats, which is reasonable.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »

It isn't.  D turnout is running well behind 2008.  In theory, Obama could be tied in early voting, but that would be a disaster for him.

Who needs facts?

It's really funny to see people like you ignore what's actually happening on the ground when your own obama fellow tells people to look at whats actually happening on the ground.

Oh, you mean like how Obama has a massive advantage in campaign offices & GOtV?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »

Lief, it is very reasonable that Obama could be losing indies by 7-10% but winning 90% of the Dems this year since a higher % of the Dem vote this time around is black (fewer dixiecrats).

I'm not optimistic that will hold, and Romney will probably win by a couple of points. However, NC has become a permanent swing state, which in the long term, is bad for the GOP
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

Who needs facts?

No, I mean exactly what JJ said just above. Can you read?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »

PublicPolicyPolling@ppppolls
77% of North Carolina Democrats say they're 'very excited' to vote this fall, 65% of Republicans:

Yeah.....so much for lack of enthusiasm.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »

Who needs facts?

I was assuming (wrongly, apparently) that you had some fragile connection to reality. Now, the question is: can you read? ↓

He would have to be winning roughly all the D vote and 2/3 of the NP vote.  Outlier possibly, or a really bad weighting. 

Dem   50.7%
Rep   30.5%
None/Oth   18.8%

From that, it looks like he just needs to be winning about half of independents and 85% of Democrats, which is reasonable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

Lief, it is very reasonable that Obama could be losing indies by 7-10% but winning 90% of the Dems this year since a higher % of the Dem vote this time around is black (fewer dixiecrats).

Yes, that's another possibility (and more probable than my hypothetical breakdown, now that I think about it). But either way, the idea that Obama is winning the early vote, so far, by 17% is pretty reasonable.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »

PublicPolicyPolling@ppppolls
77% of North Carolina Democrats say they're 'very excited' to vote this fall, 65% of Republicans:

Yeah.....so much for lack of enthusiasm.

No wonder JJ hates PPP so much. They always expose him for the fraud he is.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2012, 03:53:13 PM by Yank2133 »

BTW, how many new voters is the GOP actually getting out there? Because honestly, it doesn't really matter if your getting people who were going to vote for you anyway to the polls early.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 03:52:29 PM »

Who needs facts?

I was assuming (wrongly, apparently) that you had some fragile connection to reality. Now, the question is: can you read? ↓

Dem   50.7%
Rep   30.5%
None/Oth   18.8%

Yes, I can. Obviously, you cannot, because if you did, you would know that early voting was 57% D this time 4 years ago.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »

Actually, the house effect that Silver thought was gone from PPP is probably still there.  I was trying to get some information on the weighting, and found this:  http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/331192/nate-silver-s-flawed-model-josh-jordan

PPP still probably has that lean, though I would not be surprised if it was below D+3. 
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 04:00:10 PM »

That author doesn't even understand how Silver's model works......but whatever helps you sleep at night, J.J.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »

That author doesn't even understand how Silver's model works......but whatever helps you sleep at night, J.J.

The actual early voting results do. 

Silver had a measure and thought, later, it was wrong.  Maybe he had it right the first time. 
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »

This is essentially where NC has been most of the year. Looking at the internals, it's possible it could go either way.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:42 PM »

Silver had a measure and thought, later, it was wrong.  Maybe he had it right the first time. 
Yeah JJ, use the National Review to make your point, that'd definitely help in an argument.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

All this proves is PPP is willing to fall on the sword this go around, which shouldn't be surprised since they are a KOS poll and will be picked up again in the future. 

This poll reinforces that their polls in the other swing state are garbage, NC is safe.  Keep dreaming.  This site may be the most delusional on the interwebs....... Roll Eyes
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

Yeah JJ, use the National Review to make your point, that'd definitely help in an argument.

No, Silver's initial argument was that PPP had a lean to the Democrats.  Then he said that it was much lower.  I don't think it is as low as he thought it was. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

All this proves is PPP is willing to fall on the sword this go around, which shouldn't be surprised since they are a KOS poll and will be picked up again in the future. 

This poll reinforces that their polls in the other swing state are garbage, NC is safe.  Keep dreaming.  This site may be the most delusional on the interwebs....... Roll Eyes

PPP - NC, 10-26-08: Obama + 1
Result: Obama + 0

PPP - NC, 10-31-10: Burr + 12
Result: Burr + 12

PPP - NC, 10-26-08: Hagan + 3
Result: Hagan + 8

PPP - NC, 10-26-08: Perdue + 3
Result: Perdue + 3
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2012, 04:25:02 PM »

No, Silver's initial argument was that PPP had a lean to the Democrats.  Then he said that it was much lower.  I don't think it is as low as he thought it was. 

I think Nate Silver has a better grip on poll accuracy than a guy who thinks the Bradley Effect happened in 2008.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »

Just my gut, but this latest batch of PPP polls seems a point or two Obama MOEish, even beyond PPP's slight (per Silver) D house bias.

NC still obviously close and not ready for "conceeding".
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »

Obama certainly isn't giving up. They are still spending money in NC, $1.8M over the next week. Romney campaign and the Romney SuperPAC are spending more, $2M.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »

Come on people! CNN moved NC to Romney's column.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

Rasmussen had Romney up 6 in NC- still far less than 2004 even with its house effect. I'd bet on Mitt winning something along the lines of 51-47.5 here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies