Office of Northeast Governor Scott
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:08:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Governor Scott
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Governor Scott  (Read 8846 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:48 AM »

I would like to announce that I will be taking a trip to Canada from January 9-11 to again meet with Prime Minister Stephen Harper for further talks regarding specific expansion proposals for the St. Lawrence Seaway.  Although there has been little action thus far on the initiative, it is essential that we continue these talks to maintain international support.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »

Mr. Governor, the Quick-Action Closing Fund Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2013, 05:56:46 AM »

Mr. Governor, the Northeast Debate Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2013, 05:57:59 AM »

Same with the Red Meat Act. Both passed unanimously, I might add.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2013, 12:56:13 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2013, 11:58:43 AM by Governor Scott »

Executive Order #8

A debate to include all Northeast Assembly, gubernatorial, and senatorial candidates will open and be held from February 8th-14th.

The debate style shall be as follows: Both Northeast and non-Northeast citizens will ask questions in a special 'question thread' and specify which candidate (or candidates) is being asked.  Candidates will be allowed to answer, offer rebuttals, and ask each other questions throughout the debate.  On February 14th, candidates will deliver closing statements.

This debate will take place at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

This executive order will go into effect upon Assembly confirmation.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2013, 04:39:32 PM »

I think the next election starts February 15th, because according to the constitution

so the debate dates in the executive order overlap the election period.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2013, 06:03:39 PM »

I think the next election starts February 15th, because according to the constitution

so the debate dates in the executive order overlap the election period.

Whoops; misread the calendar.  Thanks.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »

I don't want to be annoying, but shouldn't the closing statements read the 14th or 15th instead of the 20th?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:59 AM »

I don't want to be annoying, but shouldn't the closing statements read the 14th or 15th instead of the 20th?

Thank you.  Fixed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »

Why are we going out of our way to entertain non-citizens?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 02:59:05 PM »

The more questions we get, the better?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:50 PM »

I can only speak for myself but I'm not one to subscribe to that viewpoint. The more questions we get that give Northeast voters insight into the candidates on the issues that matter the better. I fear that others might use this as an opportunity to disrupt and troll. It's happened in the past.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2013, 09:38:49 PM by Governor Scott »

I can only speak for myself but I'm not one to subscribe to that viewpoint. The more questions we get that give Northeast voters insight into the candidates on the issues that matter the better. I fear that others might use this as an opportunity to disrupt and troll. It's happened in the past.

We did this last time and there weren't any problems at all.  We only got one or two questions from out-of-region, anyway.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »

We did this last time and there weren't any problems at all.  We only got one or two regions from out-of-region, anyway.

Ok. I'm just a bit wary about those darn foreigners because one time this dude Giovanni was in the Midwest I think and he ran for Assembly here and our idiot Governor considered him elected. Those were different times, though.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2013, 09:38:04 PM »

We did this last time and there weren't any problems at all.  We only got one or two questions from out-of-region, anyway.

Ok. I'm just a bit wary about those darn foreigners because one time this dude Giovanni was in the Midwest I think and he ran for Assembly here and our idiot Governor considered him elected. Those were different times, though.

Bleh... yeah, I remember him.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 05:54:48 AM »

Mr. Governor, the Hockey Is Our Game Resolution has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2013, 03:21:39 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »

A Special Message
from the Governor of the Northeast Region

Good evening.

I'm speaking to you tonight to give you a report on the state of our region's education system.  I regret to say we've been on a downward slope for many years.  Initially, I decided to plan this address as a mere campaign speech, but I see that this is an issue which all Northeast citizens must be informed.

A few days ago I was presented with a report I asked for from the Department of Education.  You won't like it.  I didn't like it.  But we have to face the truth and then go work to turn things around.  But make no mistake about it, we can turn them around.

I'm not going to subject you to a number of charts, graphs, pictures, and all that jargon.  But instead, I will explain to you where things are.  And as I tell you my plans for the future, I speak not as a campaigner, not as a politician, but as your leader and governor.

To put it simply, grades have been falling.  Although the Northeast Region has been accredited for having the best schools and colleges a nation can ask for, we are one of the five regions that have seen a decline in test scores.  This, of course, reflects a national crisis.  But it is important that we fix this crisis one region at a time, and I believe the Northeast Region is indeed, the best region to take the lead in this education revolution.

In the last Assembly, we saw numerous education reforms considered, and I signed into law the ones that I believed would best serve our students, and vetoed the ones I believed would not.  And today I stand by those decisions, for it is not a matter of how much time our students spend in school.  It is not a matter of teachers being peer-reviewed.  It is a matter of how our education system is structured.

For too long, we have been teaching the wrong things.  Instead of teaching life skills, we have been teaching to the tests.  The way we teach in this country can be summed up in four words: kill, drill, bubble, fill.  This is a crime not only to our children, but to ourselves and to future generations.  Our failure to respond to this issue has also resulted in a persistent gap between students of different racial groups, as communities still remain segregated and certain ethnic groups are not being adequately schooled.  The gap persists even when we account for income.  Some suggest that these problem can be fixed by restructuring the tests themselves, but to those people, I say I very strongly disagree.

In most schools, writing is neglected.  Therefore, only about twenty-five percent of high school seniors were able to meet or exceed the proficiency level on the National Writing Achievement exam.  This is because the teaching of grammar in schools is mainly overshadowed by repetitive grammar drills.  Students know the tricks, and they know the rules, but their writing is simply not up to par.

And why is this?  Because students have been trained to cookie-cut four paragraph essays that are bland and are held to a formula that is unimaginative.

Math and science has been reduced to nothing but a game of memorization.  Instead of teaching students logic and valuable science skills, we teach them things largely irrelevant to their lives, and much material that is forgotten shortly after the unit test.  We must de-emphasize speed and memorization in our curriculum, and help our students have a broader understanding of these subjects and learn multiple ways of solving problems.

I say to our teachers and school administrators, do not teach the way that helps a few.  Teach the way that helps all students succeed in their own way.  And don't mark them wrong for using the way that helps them best.

The message we shall emphasize from this day forward is: whatever it takes.

In order to make this drastic restructuring of our education possible, we must have complete autonomy.  That is why I plan to work the current and, if I am still in this office next month, future administration on this issue.  I will request waivers from from federal education requirements, especially standardized tests.

My philosophy is that if it doesn't let our teachers teach and our students learn, do away with it.

Instead, we shall have one exam at the end of students’ senior year in high school, designed by the Northeast Department of Education.  All other standardized tests must be thrown out.

We must emphasize less on competition and more on equality.  Though I feel my plan will accelerate the Northeast's status as the education capital, we must demonstrate that the way to educate our students is by treating them as equals.

Let us provide three years of maternity leave and subsidized day care to parents, and preschool for all 5-year-olds, where the emphasis shall be on play and socializing.  Provide our students food, medical care, counseling and taxi service if needed, but let the parents have the final say on where their children attain these needs.

Let teachers design the unit tests, and give all classrooms complete autonomy over homework. 

Do away with letter grades, and instead let all students be promptly analyzed on how they are meeting life requirements -- and if they are not, what shall be done to fix it.

We look no further than Finland to see the success of these reforms, as they exceed the Republic of Atlasia in every field.  And they do so not because they blindly throw tax dollars at a broken system, not because they've failed to create a balanced environment between the government and their unions, but because they've done what works.  For too long we've been having a conversation over to the influence of our unions or the pay of our teachers, while the elephant in the classroom -- if you will -- has been largely ignored.

It is my belief that we can achieve these reforms without increasing a dime of spending on our education budget or cutting into our surplus, because all we must do is spend those education dollars on a better, more efficient system, so that taxpayer’s hard-earned dollars may go to a system that works and benefits all of us both short-term and long-term.  It is time we stopped kicking the can down the road.

I hope my words tonight will help spark a national conversation on how we can fix our broken school system.  And we must give every party, every group, ever individual, every teacher, every parent, and every student a seat at the table.  Together we can forge a new beginning for the Northeast, and regions abroad.

Thank you, and good night.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2013, 10:11:41 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2013, 10:16:06 AM by Governor Scott »

Because I have little confidence that the current Secretary of Internal Affairs will act in a timely manner, I am signing an executive order that will exempt the Northeast from federal standardized tests.  I am hopeful that the next Secretary, whoever that shall be, will honor the order and grant my request.

Executive Order #9

The Northeast Region moves to exempt all schools in its education system, both public and private, from all federally prescribed standardized tests.

The Northeast Region formally asks the Secretary of Internal Affairs to withhold any standardized tests from Northeast schools from this day forward.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2013, 05:23:27 PM »

Mr. Governor, the Agriculture Reinvestment Act of 2013 has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2013, 09:40:20 AM »

Mr. Governor, the Northeast No Tax Accounts Act has passed the Assembly and awaits your signature or veto.

As has the Termination of Parental Rights for Rape Convicts Act.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies