TIME Poll Ohio: Obama +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:40:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  TIME Poll Ohio: Obama +5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TIME Poll Ohio: Obama +5  (Read 3310 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 04:41:52 PM »

Dick Morris wrote yesterday: "This successful debate for Romney will continue his surge in the polls."
LOL

Ah yes... Dick "Arkansas is solid Obama" Morris. 
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

Jesus Christ, why does this damn state like Obama so much?  

All you Democrats will really be laughing in 2014 when we fall down to a puny third in the House and fall below 40 in the Senate so President Christie can come in and privitize Social Security and Medicare.

Talk about cutting off your noses to spite your face.  

Whoever wins this election will be welcomed with a booming economy in the next few months.

Yeah, this is a big part of why Phips is ridiculous. If Romney wins he'll be take credit for the recovery and win re-election in a landslide and the Democrats will be shut out of government for a decade. Pretending there's some distinction between the Democratic agenda and Obama's re-election makes no sense at this point.

Democrats are already shut out of the House and most state legislatures for probably two decades because of Obama and his DNC sitting on their hands during the crucial 2010 midterms.  

I wouldn't go quite that far.  Those big elections 2006, 1994, 1946 often do not have lasting effect. 

1994 did.  Republicans held the House for 14 of the 18 years after and that election gave them a seemingly permanent advantage in redistricting.
Mister Twister

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »

The states colored blue only give Romney 267. The green represents the Obama firewall and Romney has to take one of them in order to win. Good luck with that! The Obama firewall is an unstoppable creation.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

Dick Morris wrote yesterday: "This successful debate for Romney will continue his surge in the polls."
LOL

I think I figured out Dick Morris. He isn't an idiot hack, he is a traveller from a parallel dimension. A mirror universe. In that universe Obama has a goatee and was crushed in the third debate by Romney. It all makes sense now.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »

An obviously fake poll.  After all, who reads TIME these days?
timothyinMD

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »

party sample D+10 not realistic
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Are we really doing this? Are we seriously going back to party ID?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »

I'm not crazy about Time polls.  Early voting turnout is not consistent with a D+10. 
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »

It's funny, I can see Romney winning WI before OH. Who knew!
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »

Lol you guys are naïve. Romney is winning independents by 13 good grief this keeps up Ohio won't be close.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:02 PM »

Hey guys... I'm not even going to look at Cliffy's post. 

I'm going with.... D+10 is ridiculous and if only we understood the race like he does,

Bonus: it's not 2008. 

Am I close?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »

Damn!  Way off.  Points for unpredictability, Cliffy.  Good show. 
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 11:40:16 PM »

Don't let a silly thing like an oversampled poll get in the way of the truth, comrade!

Who cares if the poll shows a larger DEM sample than the 2008 results AND there's ample evidence that the Democrats are lagging behind '08 numbers in early voting? Nothing to see here!

Trust the no-name pollster over reputable establishments like Rasmussen and SUSA. Why? It shows an Obama lead beyond the MOE. That's why.

For the record, Ohio has mirrored the national vote between 0-3% in every election since 1960. And they have gotten it right in every election since 1960. It's slight advantage Romney in the national vote right now.

While it may be slight advantage Obama right now in Ohio, but it's not a five-point lead. If it were, this race wouldn't be contested as brutally as it is right now there.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »

Don't let a silly thing like an oversampled poll get in the way of the truth, comrade!

Who cares if the poll shows a larger DEM sample than the 2008 results AND there's ample evidence that the Democrats are lagging behind '08 numbers in early voting? Nothing to see here!

Trust the no-name pollster over reputable establishments like Rasmussen and SUSA. Why? It shows an Obama lead beyond the MOE. That's why.

For the record, Ohio has mirrored the national vote between 0-3% in every election since 1960. And they have gotten it right in every election since 1960. It's slight advantage Romney in the national vote right now.

While it may be slight advantage Obama right now in Ohio, but it's not a five-point lead. If it were, this race wouldn't be contested as brutally as it is right now there.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »

The states colored blue only give Romney 267. The green represents the Obama firewall and Romney has to take one of them in order to win. Good luck with that! The Obama firewall is an unstoppable creation.

I guess you're being facetious, but it doesn't look great on that front for your guy - after all he's not ahead in polling in VA, NH, IA, or CO anyway.  In my opinion only Nevada is really 'unstoppable' for Obama, however.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 05:27:55 AM »

I guess you're being facetious, but it doesn't look great on that front for your guy - after all he's not ahead in polling in VA, NH, IA, or CO anyway.  In my opinion only Nevada is really 'unstoppable' for Obama, however.

He's tied in Virginia and Colorado.  Nine times out of ten, a tie goes to the challenger. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »

...he's not ahead in polling in VA, NH, IA, or CO anyway.  In my opinion only Nevada is really 'unstoppable' for Obama, however.

He's tied in Virginia and Colorado.  Nine times out of ten, a tie goes to the challenger. 

Well, I have no idea if that's true, but accepting it, here's the current map:

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

...he's not ahead in polling in VA, NH, IA, or CO anyway.  In my opinion only Nevada is really 'unstoppable' for Obama, however.

Well, I have no idea if that's true, but accepting it, here's the current map:

It's not true.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 11:43:38 PM »

Jesus Christ, why does this damn state like Obama so much?  

All you Democrats will really be laughing in 2014 when we fall down to a puny third in the House and fall below 40 in the Senate so President Christie can come in and privitize Social Security and Medicare.

Talk about cutting off your noses to spite your face.  

Whoever wins this election will be welcomed with a booming economy in the next few months.

Yeah, this is a big part of why Phips is ridiculous. If Romney wins he'll be take credit for the recovery and win re-election in a landslide and the Democrats will be shut out of government for a decade. Pretending there's some distinction between the Democratic agenda and Obama's re-election makes no sense at this point.

This is one of the reasons why a Romney win would be so sickening.  Two months in and the economy is picking up and here's President Romney claiming that his election victory removed all that uncertainty Obama caused.  

Ugh... would be enough to make me throw up.  

chill out. Under a Romney presidency, the democrats probably hold all their senate seats and beat McConnell and Chambliss in the senate. They also likely win the house.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies