cost of living in Lapland?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  cost of living in Lapland?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: cost of living in Lapland?  (Read 5344 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »

To be fair, Tweed, I am not really certain if people here are capable of 'abstract thought'.  I mean, of course some are, but one can never tell for sure if they're pretending, or just 'going through the motions' without really feeling it. 

I suppose Eastern Europe is famous for such things - the Slavic Soul.  If that's your cup of tea.  How do you suppose they are on the issue of hygeine though?

Anyway, I envy you your youth, your high expections, and most of all your potential inheritance.  I have long anticipated something in that vein, but the longer I wait, the more I doubt.  Tweed, let me ask you this -  have you ever seen the movie Strangers on a Train?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »

To be fair, Tweed, I am not really certain if people here are capable of 'abstract thought'.  I mean, of course some are, but one can never tell for sure if they're pretending, or just 'going through the motions' without really feeling it. 

I suppose Eastern Europe is famous for such things - the Slavic Soul.  If that's your cup of tea.  How do you suppose they are on the issue of hygeine though?

Anyway, I envy you your youth, your high expections, and most of all your potential inheritance.  I have long anticipated something in that vein, but the longer I wait, the more I doubt.  Tweed, let me ask you this -  have you ever seen the movie Strangers on a Train?

The Slavic Soul sounds like an inherent contradiction.

Opebo, given your implied proposal a more apt question might be whether YOU have actually seen Stranger on a Train all the way to the end? Tongue
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »

Eastern Europe, better -- the fantasy of taking the 16 year old peasant girl straight off the farm.

how do you get her to lose the restraint?  a frightening number of heterosexual relationships are not partnerships between equals, I learn this every day canvassing, and the nature of this particular fantasy would only serve to exacerbate the effect.

say everything works out: I get my $1m, hide it sufficently to keep it from governments and whoever else, and 'acquire' a reverse-mail-order bride, call her Alicja.  she's a virgin, of course, or at least that is what I am sold and I make no move to falsify it.  everything goes well, I'm in backwoods Poland, cheap vodka reigns, the world-weary bearded Tweed and Alicja, who went from 100-hour weeks of backbreaking labor to this strange life of leisure in no-time.

...I see her as timid, avoiding my glance, blushing furiously.  so anxiety-ridden she can't boil pasta correctly.  always willing to give in to my advances, but never daring to initiate any of her own... what I would do, for just that once!  for Alicia, to desire me, not to need me, but to desire me!  and to draw her ire in a matter!  when I cross her, for her to call me on it!  for her to be FURIOUS at me, the man who saved her from a life of anonymous ruin!  and then to cuddle with her after we've made-up, to see a tired, satisfied, knowing and calm gleam emanating from her eyes, knowing she has something on me, too...
That is... beautifully written.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »

Eastern Europe, better -- the fantasy of taking the 16 year old peasant girl straight off the farm.

Have you seen a photos of Sami girls (indigenous to Northern Scandinavia?). Their eyes are beautiful!

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

I want to add this as a comment on Opebo's scheme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPtaWfF2W0
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 11:43:20 AM »

Thought tea came in glasses out that way?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:15 PM »

The Slavic Soul sounds like an inherent contradiction.

You hear about that all the time, I've never seen it myself.

Opebo, given your implied proposal a more apt question might be whether YOU have actually seen Stranger on a Train all the way to the end? Tongue

No, never did.  But whatever the ending was, it couldn't have been worse than living in poverty and having to work.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 02:10:27 AM »

Minnesota would be a bad choice for Tweed.  Sure, the land is cheap and the fish and game plentiful (and we have excellent medical for America)... but the girls around here are 3 generations and one boat ride away from a husky 6 foot blond named Brunhild who is ready to drag you through a pine forest by your balls because "you vus lookin at Mrs. Gustafson vit dem longing eyes".

I have a feeling Tweed wouldn't be the same if he were to be nut-hobbled by a handsome giant blond chick called Ashley.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »

I have a feeling Tweed wouldn't be the same if he were to be nut-hobbled...

I have a feeling that is precisely what he's into.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »

If I had an 800k inheritance I would move to Portland, Oregon.  Low cost of living, great, friendly people, mild weather (as long as you don't mind a little rain).  What else could one possible need?
Hell, the moment I don't have a job (or find a job in Portland that pays close to what I'm making now), I'm gone!
I would probably spend some time every summer in Montreal though.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:12 AM »

If I had an 800k inheritance I would move to Portland, Oregon.  Low cost of living, great, friendly people, mild weather (as long as you don't mind a little rain).  What else could one possible need?
Hell, the moment I don't have a job (or find a job in Portland that pays close to what I'm making now), I'm gone!
Lol.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »

Lol.

umm... have you ever been to Hawaii?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies