PA, Susquehanna: Romney in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:55:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA, Susquehanna: Romney in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: PA, Susquehanna: Romney in the lead  (Read 3859 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »

Outlier.

If Pennsylvania is gone, Ohio is too.

Outlier implies that some of their polls are accurate.  They're not.  Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »

Outlier.

If Pennsylvania is gone, Ohio is too.

Outlier implies that some of their polls are accurate.  They're not.  Smiley

I don't really know anything about this pollster, it's just kind of obvious given the other PA polls.  I'll take your word for it, though.
dirks

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »

I think Romney is maybe tied or +1 in PA right now...if he was up 4 we'd see more panic from the Obama campaign regarding the state...so either they're still fairly comfortable about it...or they're keeping this panic from spilling into the media
wan
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2012, 08:17:33 PM by wan »

joke poll.

Joe Biden is well known there and loved. Philly, scranton &  pittsburgh are democratic cities

What about that arizona poll that came out recent with obama with a 3 point lead

if obama is leading in ohio no way he could be down in pa

Cliffy
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

Didn't this pollster have it within the MOE Sept 23rd?  Do other "reputable" (pollsters you like) polls now have PA within MOE?

And I agree Romney won't win PA without OH.  Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

I think Romney is maybe tied or +1 in PA right now...if he was up 4 we'd see more panic from the Obama campaign regarding the state...so either they're still fairly comfortable about it...or they're keeping this panic from spilling into the media

Yeah, about that, err, no.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:58 PM »

That's a confused stream of logic going on there...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Wishful thinking.

Is Santorum still going to win the Senate race ?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »

Care to bet on that surge carrying PA for Romney?

Seriously, I'll gladly put a month's worth of baring the winner's (non-TOS violating) sig for a month on it. Especially when your obnoxious broken record "Good News" meme has long grown stale.

Put up or shut up, Krazy--but preferably the latter.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

I persuaded the Enterprise car rental guy in Darby, PA to vote for Mittens today.  Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »

I persuaded the Enterprise car rental guy in Darby, PA to vote for Mittens today.  Smiley

Doesn't say a lot for the people at Enterprise if they're that easily swayed...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »

Ryan is coming to campaign in PA.  (No, I still don't trust Susquehanna.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »

You're not very impressed with my dulcet tongue I take it. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »

You're not very impressed with my dulcet tongue I take it. Smiley

Since the guy was quite possibly just saying something to please a customer, I'm not impressed.
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »

You should, their turnout model has been 3 wks ahead of everyone else, but there is a trend of polls moving towards them over the last couple of weeks.  Internal pollsters said it was tight back then too.  Now Susq is saying Romney is leading, you should listen.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2012, 08:14:52 PM by pa2011 »

You should, their turnout model has been 3 wks ahead of everyone else, but there is a trend of polls moving towards them over the last couple of weeks.  Internal pollsters said it was tight back then too.  Now Susq is saying Romney is leading, you should listen.

If it was really close, Ryan would be going to Philadelphia Burbs, or perhaps Northeastern PA, and not Western PA.   It's very hard for Romney to do much better than McCain did in the western part of the state, since McCain had already flipped several historical Democratic counties in the Southwest. Even the northern Pittsburgh GOP suburbs stayed beat red in '08.  Yet, Obama still easily carried PA. Where does Romney think he's going to pick up enough votes in the west? The city of Pittsburgh?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »

Ryan is coming to campaign in PA.  (No, I still don't trust Susquehanna.)

You should, their turnout model has been 3 wks ahead of everyone else, but there is a trend of polls moving towards them over the last couple of weeks.  Internal pollsters said it was tight back then too.  Now Susq is saying Romney is leading, you should listen.

If it was really close, Ryan would be going to Philadelphia Burbs, or perhaps Northeastern PA, and not Western PA.   It's very hard for Romney to do much better than McCain did in the western part of the state, since McCain had already flipped several historical Democratic counties in the Southwest. Even the northern Pittsburgh GOP suburbs stayed beat red in '08.  Yet, Obama still easily carried PA. Where does Romney think he's going to pick up enough votes in the west? The city of Pittsburgh? Please....

Coal. 

Personally.  I'd be deploying him to WI.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 08:07:25 PM »

There are only like three "coal counties" in Southwest PA. They already flipped to McCain four years ago, and frankly, there are very few voters that live in them relative to rest of state. The rest of Southwest PA barely thinks of "coal" and doesn't consider itself anywhere part of "coal country."
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

Romney will win OH first, I'm confident he's up in OH right now by 2-3, but that is his money state he can't slip in, protect your most likely.  PA is just gravy and wouldn't surprise me if he's up by 1 or 2 there.  I'm telling you these polls are off.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

There are only like three "coal counties" in Southwest PA. They already flipped to McCain four years ago, and frankly, there are very few voters that live in them relative to rest of state. The rest of Southwest PA barely thinks of "coal" and doesn't consider itself anywhere part of "coal country."

Cambria, Somerset, Westmoreland, Fayette, Indiana, Armstrong, Greene, and Washington, without looking; that is just the areas south and east of Pittsburgh.  You have a lot of people living in those counties that work in mining, and a lot that work with coal power generation and a lot that work in transport.  Cambria went for Obama, and Fayette and Washington were close.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »

This poll was done for the PA GOP who are tryimg to get the national party and Romney campaign to spend time/money in PA. Looks like they got Ryan to do an event at an airport, probably on his way to an event in OH. Wonder if he will get off the plane or just give his stump speech from rhe door of the while they refuel
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »

Romney will win OH first, I'm confident he's up in OH right now by 2-3, but that is his money state he can't slip in, protect your most likely.  PA is just gravy and wouldn't surprise me if he's up by 1 or 2 there.  I'm telling you these polls are off.

Cliffy, sort of hard to take your seriously. Did you not read this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=162025.0

So either the well-respected Charlie Cook is making stuff up? Or both D and R internal pollsters are off and you know better than them? Is that what you are implying?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »

Cliffy, sort of hard to take your seriously. Did you not read this?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=162025.0

So either the well-respected Charlie Cook is making stuff up? Or both D and R internal pollsters are off and you know better than them? Is that what you are implying?

Considering we had a bogus lead from Cook last week, possibly.

And I still don't trust Susquehanna.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »

Cambria, Somerset, Westmoreland, Fayette, Indiana, Armstrong, Greene, and Washington, without looking; that is just the areas south and east of Pittsburgh.  You have a lot of people living in those counties that work in mining, and a lot that work with coal power generation and a lot that work in transport.  Cambria went for Obama, and Fayette and Washington were close.

pa2011 is correct. J.J., as usual, is wrong.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 10:42:17 PM »

pa2011 is correct. J.J., as usual, is wrong.

Are you insane?   Since steel left the area, coal is the major "industry," though hospitals employ more in Cambria.  I checked the vote totals and and they are correct.

BTW, it isn't necessary to pass through Pittsburgh to go to across Ohio.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies