Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143470 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: November 04, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

I might be missing something, but why on earth are you getting up at 2:30 in the morning on Election Day? Huh
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »

Bushie, I'm not as up to date as some so I don't know your weight, but 2,700 calories is an awful lot for anyone. That's that kind of diet you'd be eating if you were lifting weights and trying to bulk up.

Remember, exercise doesn't give you a license to eat whatever you want - it's important, but unless you're Michael Phelps you're not going to be burning enough calories through exercise to offset a poor diet.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »

Bushie, I'm not as up to date as some so I don't know your weight, but 2,700 calories is an awful lot for anyone. That's that kind of diet you'd be eating if you were lifting weights and trying to bulk up.

Remember, exercise doesn't give you a license to eat whatever you want - it's important, but unless you're Michael Phelps you're not going to be burning enough calories through exercise to offset a poor diet.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

I don't know his height, but let's say he's 175 cm just for the sake of argument....then he should be consuming 2611 calories for weight maintenance. (Assuming little to no exercise, which is certainly true in his case.)

Bushie should be aiming for 2000 calories or so.

Using Inks formula, I should shoot for 3,200 calories.  I am 5'8" weighing 270.  Take 270 * 12 and you get 3,240 using the first category.

Today, I weigh 269.6 which is a loss of 0.6 lbs. Water weight to be sure.

What does the calculator on the website I linked to give you? Not saying it's necessarily correct, but you might want to check different sources. The 3,200 really sounds too high to me.

Yeah, Bushie, I don't know what formula Inks is using but there's no way that you can be eating 3,200 calories a day and lose weight.

Try to aim for around 2,000 a day. At your weight that's a fairly reasonable goal which'll allow you to keep your weight down while still feeling satiated.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

This is going to sound excruciatingly lame and self-help but if you want to lose weight it's not so much changing habits as changing who you are. Don't become someone who passes up junk food for a salad, become someone who doesn't even consider the junk food as an option.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »

Have you ever looked into Atkins or Paleo? My freshman 15 has so far been negative thanks to not eating bread, pasta, rice, or sweets.

Atkins can be dangerous if you don't do it right... I don't think Jeff could actually do Atkins right.
]

Maybe not Atkins, but taking a look at some low carb thing - more of the lean meats & vegetables variety than the unlimited bacon & cream variety - might actually work. Strict rules to follow could be a good idea for Bushie.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »

Bushie's moving to New York? This could be movie of the series.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies