Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:02:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 144078 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 21, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

I did go to Walmart last night and got $50 worth of groceries.  I'll still be going to Golden Corral tomorrow night, but I'll be able to eat at home this weekend and most of next week.  I got enough to fix for dinner each night for a week and enough for lunches all next week.  Thankfully, the Hostess items have been removed from the shelves, otherwise I would have been very tempted to get the small powdered donuts for breakfast this weekend.  I will admit that I didn't get the healthiest food at Walmart, but I can at least save money.

Donuts? for breakfast?

When else would one eat donuts?

Afternoon snack? My mind boggles... why would you put something so sugar and calorie heavy first thing in the morning. Cereal? Fruit? Eggs?
Powdered donuts are not healthy breakfast fare.. but breakfast is supposed to be carb heavy and big.  Your body needs a boost of carbohydrates in the morning for good brain function.  You go lighter on carbs at lunch and dinner and heavier on protein.

I'd say a good breakfast might be two eggs, a piece of ham, two pieces of toast with butter and jam, and a glass or orange juice.

Or if you're in a hurry... donuts and coffee (again... there are many types of donuts, with some suited more for breakfast.. like a blueberry glazed cake donut).
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

So, its either stick with this church and forgive this "trespass" or I stay home and do nothing.

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

So, no, you didn't say that there were a few more churches.  You said there probably were but that you hadn't found them.  You DO have options.

And what kinds of things did you buy from Walmart for your meals?  Will you be actually cooking recipes?

I do have options, but again, I'm not going to drop this church just because they didn't invite me over for a meal.

I didn't buy anything that requires a recipe, but mostly things to heat up in the oven such as frozen pizza or frozen burritos.  I know that's not healthy, but I've already got down on my next Walmart list to get stuff for spaghetti.

I'm not saying you shoulde leave the church, just that finding another one isn't as hard as you're saying.

And spaghetti really isn't making you own meal unless you're making your own sauce (and/or meatballs).  Boiling pasta and adding sauce is not hard.

Spaghetti is not hard, especially since I use Ragu sauce mixed in with ground beef.  I don't like big meatballs in my spaghetti sauce, so I just brown hamburger meat and pour the Ragu onto the meat and let it simmer while I boil the noodles.   It is better, though, than the stuff I bought last night and MUCH better than going out to eat.  It is a step in the right direction.
shred some carrot and finely dice some onions and celery and get some minced garlic (in a jar, refrigerated).  You could also used some diced bell pepper if you like that kinda thing.

Sautee this mixture in a heavy pan with some olive oil until it starts to caramelize a bit (just turning slightly brown).  Then add sliced fresh mushrooms and roughly chopped onion and any other veggies you like (zuchinni, eggplant, etc) Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste until you get the right consistency...
then season heavily with
Pepper
Basil
Oregano
Garlic powder
Onion powder

Add a couple teaspoons of white sugar

Add salt, a half teaspoon at a time, until it tastes right.

At this point you can add ground beef to make a meat sauce... or you could serve this plain over the pasta with some grated parmesan cheese on top.

Making your own red sauce is not hard.  Just remember... the oregano, garlic, onion, and basil are the most important flavors outside of the tomatoes.  Adding sugar is very important as it balances the tartness of the tomatoes.

Oh, and it never hurts to add a splash of red wine while you're sauteing the veggies in the beginning.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »

A 31 year old man should not have a problem walking 1.25 miles to work... snow or not.

Sure, a 60 year old overweight diabetic out shoveling 24" of heavy, wet snow for hours might cause a heart attack.

Walking 1.25 miles will do you good, get you some fresh air, and allow you to see the community at the pace communities are meant to be seen at... walking pace.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »

Where do you get the $$$ for so many frivolous hotel adventures?
47% of it comes from you, Duke.  Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »

People will snicker at the thought of a fat guy marching in place in front of a TV show about fat people losing weight... because, well, it is funny... but at the same time it's still great that you're doing it.

I used to jog in place sometimes in the winter when I was in high school and intersperse that with situps and push ups.  Of course you probably can do neither right now.. but you could intersperse some arm and/or leg curls in with your "marching".  It'll get the heart rate going a bit more temporarily, and it'll build arm strength so you can do pushups!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 01:47:22 AM »

I bet there's a very high correlation between the number of salad bars at regular restaurants (i.e. those that don't focus solely on salads) per capita and the percentage voting Republican. Salad bars in restaurants is a very red state phenomenon.

One would have thought that there would have been an inverse correlation. Or do liberals prefer to eat a lot of plated salad?
Liberals don't eat salad anymore, Simfan.. what do you think this is... the 1980s?  Salads are out.  Asian fusion is in.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

Lolz. I got 45 hours this week and this was actually my least worked week since Christmas.
We get it, BRTD...  you are a midget among dwarfs.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »

However, I've got something else that I just threw in the cooker.  I'm not going to spill any beans just yet, but I've got a possibility lurking.  The only thing I will say about it for now is that it will require extensive traveling over the Western United States.  Stay tuned.
Please don't throw things in your cooker and then travel the western United States.  There are very long stretches with no convenience stores and you don't wanna spill the beans out in the middle of nowhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies