Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:27:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 142531 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.

Gramps, don't exaggerate... Bushie's never substantially lied about anything.  You just try to catch him on technicalities.

I cant tell if this is attempting to defend me or sarcasm...  I'll make myself feel better and say the former.

It's pretty much Bushie's entire posting history, encapsulated in one statement...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »

Just a thought... did you ever think "maybe God is actually trying to teach me a lesson"?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »

Just a thought... did you ever think "maybe God is actually trying to teach me a lesson"?

Oh, I think that everyday.

And what lessons have you learned?

1) Patience - This is the biggy.
2) Thankfulness for what I do have and quit dwelling on things I do not have.
3) Total reliance on Him (Rely on Him for the strength to do my work each and every day.)
4) Taking things one day at a time (this is a hard lesson for me to learn).
5) Plan things out, but with the reality that God can and sometimes will change your plans.  James 5:14.

There are more, but those are the top five lessons I'm "studying" right now from my God.

...and yet again... the single reason why you end up falling on your face.

Ever think... that God is trying to teach you self-reliance? but you just refuse to listen?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »

How is it that someone has gotten to 30 and is so completely helpless!

Cooking is not hard...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:32:49 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

I did go to Walmart last night and got $50 worth of groceries.  I'll still be going to Golden Corral tomorrow night, but I'll be able to eat at home this weekend and most of next week.  I got enough to fix for dinner each night for a week and enough for lunches all next week.  Thankfully, the Hostess items have been removed from the shelves, otherwise I would have been very tempted to get the small powdered donuts for breakfast this weekend.  I will admit that I didn't get the healthiest food at Walmart, but I can at least save money.

Donuts? for breakfast?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

I did go to Walmart last night and got $50 worth of groceries.  I'll still be going to Golden Corral tomorrow night, but I'll be able to eat at home this weekend and most of next week.  I got enough to fix for dinner each night for a week and enough for lunches all next week.  Thankfully, the Hostess items have been removed from the shelves, otherwise I would have been very tempted to get the small powdered donuts for breakfast this weekend.  I will admit that I didn't get the healthiest food at Walmart, but I can at least save money.

Donuts? for breakfast?

When else would one eat donuts?

Afternoon snack? My mind boggles... why would you put something so sugar and calorie heavy first thing in the morning. Cereal? Fruit? Eggs?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »

Donuts? for breakfast?

When else would one eat donuts?

Afternoon snack? My mind boggles... why would you put something so sugar and calorie heavy first thing in the morning. Cereal? Fruit? Eggs?

I'm going to defend Bushie on this one.  Donuts in the morning isn't that unheard of.  It's more typical if you're at a meeting or something similar where they serve coffee and donuts than it would be in the home, but it's not that extreme.

Fair point, just for us, donuts would NEVER be considered a breakfast food. It's far too full on. Something with coffee for a morning meeting... maybe. But that's different... 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »

Doable for someone with even basic self-discipline ...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 11:53:19 PM »

Go on then... don't set dates, just freaking do it. It really is THAT SIMPLE.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »

Your eating patterns are a disaster...

Firstly, the purpose of a meal is not to fill you up... it's to satisfy. Now.. most importantly how much water do you drink?

Most people's hunger-pangs, have more to do with a lack of water, than lack of food.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

More importantly... STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!

Just do the right thing, increase activity, reduce caloric intake, increase your water intake... and use a tape measure instead. Weight is something that can fluctuate wildly in a day... but every 3/4 days, as soon as you get up, measure your chest, arms (at bicep level), waist (at the navel) and thighs (about half way up). If you're doing the right thing, you should start to see the numbers changing positively in about 2 weeks. 
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

With your job so close, you should walk or bike to work.

I think I know what the answer to this will be.

One word... snow.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »

Tomorrow is Tuesday, December 18, 2012. As most of you know, I have a very involved method of changing my calendars for the new year. With my Christmas Vacation coming up in 4 days, I will be beginning my Calendar Changing Procedures from 2012 to 2013 tomorrow night! For me, its not a matter of taking one down and hanging one up. I have a ritual I go through with each and every calendar, wall calendars and desk calendars alike. This procedure will conclude at 10:30 pm MST on Sunday, December 30, 2012.

The best possible word to describe that particularly ... interesting process.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »

Well, he left work after three hours today because his stomach was bothering him. So that's another day basically lost.

With all the junk he stuffs into it...

But it's only 3500 calories worth!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

My first thoughts were 'Jesus'... so that works well..
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 10:26:14 PM »

I ease off at Christmas, but I don't use it as an excuse to gorge myself. You keep treating it as a diet, as opposed to changing your diet.

This is why you'll never get it through your head... it's not supposed to be temporary and based on convenience.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »

Its been a great day so far.  I went to two wonderful church services this morning and have a third one in two hours.  After church we'll open presents.  Tomorrow is our Christmas Dinner.  They are expecting sleet and freezing rain early Tuesday before it changes to all snow in Oklahoma City so Dad is putting me in a hotel tomorrow night so I can take a shuttle to the Airport Tuesday.  They live 25-30 miles from the Airport.  It wasn't my idea, but Dad is taking precautions.

You're a lost cause.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »

Memphis, looking for girls in church is a terrible and sacrilegious idea.

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.

But I can tell you, from limited experience, they don't put-...
Depends what you're looking for of course. If you want an easy lay, by all means, go to the local club. If you're looking to settle down with somebody who's worth seeing again, church is an excellent place to start. Especially for a guy who is already going there anyway. Networking is king. Same as it ever was.

My main reason for wanting a lady other than for her, is so I can legally adopt my kids.  I want someone who shares the same passion for missions and for Africa that I do and is willing to adopt the kids with me as well as possibly a child or two of our own.  I know that sounds kind of bad, kinda like I'm using her for a specific purpose, but that is not the motive.  She will help me adopt the kids and allow us to become a family.  Then, I might think about bringing the kids to America if the wife doesn't want to move to Africa.

They're not your kids in any way shape or form, except in your mind.

You will never adopt them, so best get the though out of your head.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »

You are aware that weighing yourself day by day won't do you any good? Right?

Start measuring yourself once a week and maybe weigh yourself once a fortnight. Yet again, your capacity for self-sabotage is easily visible.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 07:57:58 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 11:33:26 PM »

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue

I know... but that is more likely to lead to failure, because while Inks might understand that weight fluctuates, sometimes (and more likely to be) more wildly while you're trying to lose weight, I don't think Bushie has demonstrated the ability to have the degree of reason required.

Best wishes to him...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »

Me either.. I hate taking time off. Even though I get all this PTO time, I'm always fearful I will lose my job because of it. Of course, I don't have my mom to depend on for my expenses if I lose my job, so maybe I have a different view of it.

Thank God I don't live in the states and fear the sword of Damocles...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies