Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:53:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141853 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 28, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »

If I could, I would.  Things are not ready for me, yet.  Maisha has planned to build  a volunteer home for volunteers like me to live in so we don't waste money living in the city.  First, though, they are going to build a Maisha Academy for the children in 2014, then the volunteer home in 2015.  They are working on grants for both projects right now.  For what I will be doing down there, it would be much more cost-efficient to reside in a volunteer home on the Maisha campus rather than living in Downtown Kisumu and have to find a "Tuk-Tuk" (Shuttle) to take me back and forth to Maisha which is 35-40 minutes one way from Downtown.

Who the heck is Maisha?  Ths is the first we've heard of her... but now I think I see the attraction..

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:00 AM »

Mod review?  Jeff, you can give out all the personal information about yourself that you wish, and I won't infract you a single point.  You can post your bank statements, the amount you tithe; heck - I'll even let you post your SSN at this point.

Ask Torie, but are you sure that is what you are supposed to do?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 03:38:24 PM »

Bushie has been fired from more jobs than I've ever held.

To be fair I was fired from a job once (in the sense that my contract was not renewed for a second year), and I live in a constant abject state of fear that I will be fired other otherwise sent packing from my current job.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »

More call centers? Is that the only jobs available these days?

I think that or restaurant work has been the only job available for decades, no?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »

The ham sandwiches Bushie described did sound very small. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »

They were going to have beverage service? Which airline was this? Were you not in coach?

Pretty sure he means the selling of Sprites and whatnot that goes on in the horrible US airlines between takeoff and landing.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »

Guys, young people can't pay their own bills whether they're lazy or not - you can't blame Bushie for his plight, its just the reality of the economy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

Forty hours per week is a travesty anyway.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!

That's right memphis - the only hope for the working class is 1) the government job, and 2) the unionized job for a public utility (as in the power company or water company).  If a person is working for the 'private sector' he might as well throw in the towel (and by that I do mean american-style).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:26 PM »

...if I'm running late to work, its nice to just throw on jeans, shirt, and shoes and call it good.

How can you wear jeans?  Even I find them uncomfortable, and you weigh 300 pounds.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »

I don't get it.. I'm a husky gentleman, and I find jeans comfortable. Of course, I only get to wear them after work and on weekends.. but still.

They're not usually structured in as roomy a way as full-fit trousers.  I suppose you might be a small-waisted fat, while some slims may have very wide, womanly hips.  I wear a 38 inch waist while not being really all that fat (5'11", about 190 lbs.) - just big hips I guess, and a strong preference for VERY roomy pants.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »

I very strongly prefer lentils to beans. Especially the delicate little red ones, but those can be hard to find. May have to go to whole foods to get them. The green ones next to the rice at WalMart (just labelled "lentils") are pretty good too. Saute some fresh onion and garlic and throw them in to add flavor. Beans are a big pain in the Inks. You have to soak them forever and then cook them for hours and hours after that. I do like black beans a lot though. Excellent with a bit of sour cream.

You can just get beans in cans. Sure it's a little more expensive, but 75 cents or whatever for a can of beans (which is like two or three meals if you have it with rice) is still very frugal.

Beans and rice is one of my go to foods, especially if you throw in some sauteed onion/garlic/peppers or a fried egg on top or an avocado or a liberal dousing of hot sauce, or some combination.

How do you guys deal with the flatulence?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 02:17:43 PM »

If you want a really big city, then you should go to Chicago, which is really f**king cheap.

Is it really?  How much for this and that?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »

BushOK NEEDS to find himself a hot, fresh lady, the type that can whip him into shape both literally and figuratively

Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies