Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:29:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143709 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:01 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2012, 08:09:25 PM by Grumps »

I've made it nearly 50 days, but I'm starting to get homesick...  I am really missing Oklahoma right now.  My mother over the past few days has basically given me an open invitation to come back home after my apartment lease is up at the end of March.  I could feel different in the morning, but I'm tempted to take her up on the offer.  If for nothing more than my grandmother will be 87 in April and as of right now, her sister-in-law, who turned 87 in September has just a day or two to live.  Plus, all my friends and family are in Oklahoma and right now I'm missing a lot of growing up.  I can't leave this apartment for another 5 months, because I don't want to breach the contract, but I am starting to think about coming back home. Any advice you could give me would be great!

Grow a pair and quit sounding like a kid who hate summer camp and wants to come home.  If you can't hack it on your own in Utah, forget Kenya.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »

I have not found a bride, but I am going to continue to refer to myself as their father.

Not trying to be too negative....but what basis do you have for considering yourself their father? Other than that you want to be?

I provide for them financially and have the love of a father.

You realize, even if you're in Kenya you will never have custody of them, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »

The reason I am leaving Aetna, is as i've already mentioned they jipped me on the pay, and there is also no room for advancement or raises.  People have been there 5 years and have only gotten 1 raise.  The environment was not condusive for growth, either.

Do you notice a pattern of every single job lying to you?  What even remotely makes you think the new job isn't too......or maybe you're just lying to us?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »

Has anybody else had the experience of a job lying about pay, even once? I never have.

Nope.....he either didn't bother to look into the details, or, now don't fall over.......he's lying.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:43 AM »

Has anybody else had the experience of a job lying about pay, even once? I never have.

Nope.....he either didn't bother to look into the details, or, now don't fall over.......he's lying.

Odds he goes back to Oklahoma and stays before his lease is over?

100%
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:17:41 PM »

Bets on how long the new company isn't what it's cracked up to be?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 02:25:16 PM »

How do you know they're telling you the truth about salary and advancing when a health care GIANT like Aetna lies?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »

So you gave 2 weeks notice and they told you to GTFO now?  So no pay for those 2 weeks eh?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »

So, my plans for Tuesday are set:  Here goes:

2:30 am - Wake Up
3:00 am - Turn on to CNN
5:00 am - Breakfast
6:45 am - Leave for Precinct
7:00 am - Vote
7:30 am - Continue with CNN
11:00 am - Lunch
3:00 pm - Activate the DVR
4:00 pm - Start watching returns
3:00 am Wednesday - Go to Bed

no exercise of any kind.

And no time for the Word.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »

So you gave 2 weeks notice and they told you to GTFO now?  So no pay for those 2 weeks eh?

Correct. Sad

Be honest.....you were fired, right?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »

What I haven't told you yet, is that most of last week, from Tuesday 12:30 pm through the end of the week, I was on bereavement leave.  My other grandmother who lived in Louisiana passed away.  (Technically, she's my great aunt, but I looked up to her and her husband as a third set of grandparents.)  Her husband passed in 2005 and for the past 5 years she's been living near her daughter in Albuquerque and then recently as she started going down hill, because this daughter is a college professor at the University of New Mexico, so she was extremely busy, she was staying with her youngest son in San Angelo, Texas and that's where hospice was called in.  I told my supervisor that I had a death in the family, but I didn't ask for time off.  She told me to take the rest of the week off on her own accord.  CHG gave me a call Tuesday afternoon and we discussed the position, then I had a phone interview on Wednesday and went in for a live interview on Friday and was given the offer before the close of business on Friday.  So, with this job in hand, I felt comfortable enough to put in my 2 weeks notice this past Monday so I could have a week to take care of some business in Oklahoma.  So, my final day is officially Thursday, November 8, 2012, though my final actual work day is Monday, November 5, 2012 because I already had Election Day and the day after scheduled off.  I will go in on Thursday to turn in my badge and then come home.

This obviously is untrue....since you said they told you to GTFO....so was being absent the reason for being let go?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »

Why do I feel like this shall result in your losing your job?

Because it's like the movie Groundhog Day.......it happens every time, without fail.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:54 AM »

Again, how long of a drive is it to the airport, anyway?

23 mins
17.0 mi
per google

They aren't going to check you in, take your bags, or let you through security that early......and getting there 15 hours ahead, aside from being insane, t hey'll probably view as a security risk.....and rightly so.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »

Even one of Bushie's FB friends asked if it was 5" or 5', because no one would do that with just 5".......in SLC 5" is a dusting.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 04:22:37 PM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Sure about that, Grumps?

Actually, I'm not, which is probably why he avoided answering.....Just started the job, put in 2 days or so......off to OkieLand.........loses job.

Does that plot sound reasonable, my friend? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

This job won't be there when he gets back.  That is all.  If a giant company like Aetna "lies", this one will too.......of course it's not a lie, it's a delusion
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2012, 09:50:46 PM by Grumps »

I know its risky, and if I lose my job because of it, so be it.  

Why is it risky, you said your contract said it was ok.......or was that a lie too?

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

If you're going to lie everytime you tell us something, lock the thread and stop posting
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »

I'm done for good with Bushie's threads.....pointing out his embellishments and never-ending lies is tiring.  Have fun, boys.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »

I couldn't wait until 1:30 or 2:00 to eat.  I went to Golden Corral about 11:15 and got home around 12:00. 

What did you eat the rest of the day.......don't lie.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »

Establishing healthful habits is more important than closely tracking your daily calorie intake. Don't eat a "lunchable." Have an apple and some yogurt tomorrow instead. Keep doing whatever is easiest and cheapest and you'll be dead before you're 60 40.

Fixed.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »

The idea that people find it difficult not to eat 3000 calories per day is really, really baffling to me. Maybe I'm under-estimating how many calories I do actually consume, but I think I would find it challenging (and expensive!) to eat that much daily. Do they eat ten extra donuts for snacks randomly throughout the day or something?

You weigh 5 pounds, Lief, of course it's foreign to you what fats do daily.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »

Yep, suicide by food.  Note to memphis  - I wish it was the Blubb saying this stuff to throw us off.  Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »

Make sh**t up as you go along, like Bushie does with us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies