Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:21:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 143939 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:16 PM »

I tried to read the last few pages, but im lost. It seems like you have crappy judgement Sad

OH NO IT'S AN UPDATE VIRGIN

bless, bless
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:39:52 PM »

Brilliant. Cheesy

Bushie, I've been to airports, and they sell healthy foods. Salads. Sandwiches. Grilled stuff. Ogalla smoothies.

The restaurants in the wing of the SLC Airport I'm at has Wendy's, Popeye's, and a Seattle Coffee Shop.  In order to get to other restaurants, I would have to walk clear to another concourse or terminal.

Er, Bushie.  You have the time.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »

Bushie, have you joined a church in Utah? People are usually willing to extend an invitation on Thanksgiving if you make it known that you have nowhere to go. Cause the thought of you eating Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral by yourself is so damn depressing. No offense.

Yes, I have joined the First Southern Baptist Church of Salt Lake City.  I didnt ask anybody as I hate inviting myself.  I've already had my Thanksgiving Dinner for 2012.  It is depressing, but I'll be going home for Christmas so the Holidays won't be a total loss.

No one invited you, or at the very least asked you what your plans were for Thanksgiving?  What sort of depressing antisocial church do you go to?!?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:25:25 PM »

It shouldn't matter how long you've been there.  At least a pastor would invite you if you told him you had just moved and were alone.

Or someone, even one person, would ask what his plans were for Thanksgiving.  He wouldn't need to insist on anything!  He would just need to be going to a church that actually talks to newcomers!

Bushie, why are you picking a church just based on denomination?  If this church isn't being welcoming—and, if you've been there four times, and they haven't tried to get to know you, they're not—you should find somewhere else.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

But there are other options.  And you haven't tried them!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »

Like I said, there are a few more churches than just one, but not many.  My options are pretty limited.

But there are other options.  And you haven't tried them!

True, but I'm not going to switch churches because of one perceived indiscretion.  Would I have liked to be invited?  Sure, who wouldn't, but i'm not going to give up on them just because of that.

But it's not just about that.  Has anyone there spoken to you?  Gotten to know you?  At all?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »

I did go to Walmart last night and got $50 worth of groceries.  I'll still be going to Golden Corral tomorrow night, but I'll be able to eat at home this weekend and most of next week.  I got enough to fix for dinner each night for a week and enough for lunches all next week.  Thankfully, the Hostess items have been removed from the shelves, otherwise I would have been very tempted to get the small powdered donuts for breakfast this weekend.  I will admit that I didn't get the healthiest food at Walmart, but I can at least save money.

Donuts? for breakfast?

When else would one eat donuts?

Afternoon snack? My mind boggles... why would you put something so sugar and calorie heavy first thing in the morning. Cereal? Fruit? Eggs?

Along those lines, one of the oddest experiences I had while in Glasgow was when I asked for a donut at breakfast-time and the cashier said "we're out, but we do have candy" :S  Candy is not an acceptable substitute for a donut, particularly when it's absolutely not a candy time.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »

The same reason The Sims is one of the most popular games of all time, I suspect.

Nah, I love The Sims, but I can't micromanage Bushie's life.  Autonomy is on full Cry
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies