Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:25:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141781 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:51 AM »

Odds on someone starting a "Who is more African?  Bushie or Simfan?" poll within the next 48 hours?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1926 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:06 AM »

I just think BushOK is too quickly discounting their grandparents. Sure, they may be poor and cannot provide adequately for them, but that does not mean they are not family and they are not loved by someone. I just think it is short sighted  that he assumes they have no one merely because he is sending them money a month.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1927 on: January 29, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »

Odds on someone starting a "Who is more African?  Bushie or Simfan?" poll within the next 48 hours?

Neh, cause Bushie wins that hands down.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1928 on: January 29, 2013, 08:54:45 AM »

It's a shame that Bushie hasn't found a nice lady to settle down with. He's managed to get all these jobs in the past 2 years, why couldn't he find a woman? Is it that they are all Mormon? Dish!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1929 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »

It is hard to believe I have lived in Utah for 5 months!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1930 on: January 29, 2013, 08:49:54 PM »

It's a shame that Bushie hasn't found a nice lady to settle down with. He's managed to get all these jobs in the past 2 years, why couldn't he find a woman? Is it that they are all Mormon? Dish!
Even in today's economy it's harder to land a woman than a job. I feel pretty confident that romantic unemployment is >8%
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1931 on: January 29, 2013, 09:22:11 PM »

Hey Bushie, haven't read this in fifty pages but I have a few questions. You may have already mentioned this stuff while I haven't been reading so pardon me if you have.

Is it true that the job you moved from Oklahoma to Utah for was only a temporary job that you had no expectation of holding long-term and you still don't know if you will become a permanent employee there?

Furthermore, is it also true that if you don't become permanent at your current job, your most likely alternative source of revenue will be cleaning hotel rooms with Jamespol being your boss?

Thanks,

BK
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1932 on: January 29, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »

Hey Bushie, haven't read this in fifty pages but I have a few questions. You may have already mentioned this stuff while I haven't been reading so pardon me if you have.

Is it true that the job you moved from Oklahoma to Utah for was only a temporary job that you had no expectation of holding long-term and you still don't know if you will become a permanent employee there?

Furthermore, is it also true that if you don't become permanent at your current job, your most likely alternative source of revenue will be cleaning hotel rooms with Jamespol being your boss?

Thanks,

BK

First Question:  Yes

Second Question:  Never!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1933 on: January 29, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »

please do the working for jamespol thing, that could be one of this show's best plot arcs in years!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1934 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Here are a few dates that I am currently projecting for Kenya in the next few years.

Return trip to Kenya - Thursday-Sunday, June 20-30, 2013
4-6 week testing period in Kenya - March 2016
Move to Kenya - May 2017.

This gives me 4 years 3 months left in America.  I would like to start transitioning down there right after my 35th birthday.

These dates are by no means set in stone, but this is where I feel God leading me at this time.  These dates have come about after much prayer and much listening.  Things can change, especially this far out, but this is what I am feeling right now.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1935 on: January 29, 2013, 10:25:04 PM »

Oh, wow, the plot has advanced a LOT since the last time I checked in!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1936 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:15 PM »

So having a Kenyan* president in the USA has excited you so much that right after he leaves office, you're going to move to Kenya itself?

* This is a joke.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1937 on: January 29, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »

I'm starting to make the transition from Season IV to Season V.  There are only 36 more posts left in Season IV.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1938 on: January 29, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

So having a Kenyan* president in the USA has excited you so much that right after he leaves office, you're going to move to Kenya itself?

* This is a joke.

LOL!!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1939 on: January 29, 2013, 10:29:55 PM »

I give Bushie going to Kenya a 5% chance of actually happening and him living there a .00007% chance.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1940 on: January 29, 2013, 10:30:10 PM »

I'm starting to make the transition from Season IV to Season V.  There are only 36 more posts left in Season IV.

I don't know what to say. I can't decide whether I'm surprised or not by how things are going...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1941 on: January 29, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »

I give Bushie going to Kenya a 5% chance of actually happening and him living there a .00007% chance.

We'll see how things transpire over the next 51 months.

What I do know is I've been home from Africa for 10 1/2, almost 11, months and my calling and more importantly, my feelings and enthusiasm toward that call have not diminished at all.  That is all God.  Only He can sustain enthusiasm for such a big and scary adventure for just 6 weeks shy of a year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1942 on: January 29, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »

I don't know what to say. I can't decide whether I'm surprised or not by how things are going...

All you need to do, really, is sit back, grab your popcorn, and enjoy the show. Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1943 on: January 29, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »

Thanks,

BK

Why on Earth would you move a thousand miles to take a temporary job? What are your plans if they do let you go after the allotted time period?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1944 on: January 29, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »

Thanks,

BK

Why on Earth would you move a thousand miles to take a temporary job? What are your plans if they do let you go after the allotted time period?

When I initially moved, I was going to work at Aetna.  However, they started downsizing the end of October, leaving me high and dry, so I had to scramble and thankfully I found Xerox and am working as a temporary employee at Xerox.  So, I am not in Utah with the job that initially brought me to Utah.  If I don't get on permanent, then I will probably head back to Oklahoma if I can't find anything in a reasonable amount of time.  I don't foresee that happening, as the developments of the past week seem to suggest that I have a job for quite a while to come and will likely get on permanent in the not too distant future.  They are going to start working on my permanency on February 6, when my 90 days is up.

Sorry, I misunderstood the question.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1945 on: January 30, 2013, 12:37:37 PM »

How are you sure you'll have job security in Africa when you are able to finally make your return to your home country? I'm sure the unemployment in Kenya isn't any better than it is in America. And I'm sure the call centers there are even worse, unless, of course, it's like India, where a call center employee is treated like royalty because they get to talk to westerners.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1946 on: January 30, 2013, 12:44:31 PM »

Should it ever arise, I have a brother who is a plant manager of a fairly decent-sized plant in Utah - I could mention you to him if you end up needing a job.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1947 on: January 30, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »

Should it ever arise, I have a brother who is a plant manager of a fairly decent-sized plant in Utah - I could mention you to him if you end up needing a job.

Sibling hate, eh?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1948 on: January 30, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »

Sibling hate, eh?
No, I'm close with my brother. I'm sure Bushie would be an excellent employee.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1949 on: January 30, 2013, 01:06:17 PM »

I'm sure Bushie would be an excellent employee.

Are you?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies