Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141783 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: January 27, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »

Guys, we may not all enjoy it but every man must eat his Honey nut cheerios now and again....

The cheat snacks part is more disconcerting.

No one got my reference or it just isnt funny Sad  ...
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/01/did-kevin-garnett-say-carmelo-anthony-wife-la-la-vazquez-tastes-cheerios/
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1901 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »

Guys, we may not all enjoy it but every man must eat his Honey nut cheerios now and again....

The cheat snacks part is more disconcerting.

No one got my reference or it just isnt funny Sad  ...
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/01/did-kevin-garnett-say-carmelo-anthony-wife-la-la-vazquez-tastes-cheerios/

Yeah, as with a lot of things that sailed over my head...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1902 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »

Yeah when he said "cheat snacks" I was picturing like donuts or cheetohs or something. Popcorn is okay I guess.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1903 on: January 27, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

Yeah when he said "cheat snacks" I was picturing like donuts or cheetohs or something. Popcorn is okay I guess.

It all depends on how much and what type.  Some brands have very deceptive serving sizes and loaded with cals.  If you aren't mindful you could be having the equivalent to a Big Mac.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1904 on: January 28, 2013, 03:17:10 AM »

Oh God yes.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1905 on: January 28, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »

My cheat snack is cocaine. In all honesty, I can't think of anything food wise that would be a cheat snack... maybe chex mix on rare occasions.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1906 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »

LOL I just started wondering what Bushie would do if he got high. Granted he probably shouldn't, it wouldn't help with the diet.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1907 on: January 28, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »

March 1 is the eve of my son's 9th birthday.  Felix will be 9 years old on March 2.

You have children?  When did you get married? 

Bushie thinks sending Kenyan children $30 a month makes him their father.

When I am their ONLY source of financial support.  Maisha Orphanage calls me their father.

How old are they?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1908 on: January 28, 2013, 07:03:35 PM »

March 1 is the eve of my son's 9th birthday.  Felix will be 9 years old on March 2.

You have children?  When did you get married? 

Bushie thinks sending Kenyan children $30 a month makes him their father.

When I am their ONLY source of financial support.  Maisha Orphanage calls me their father.

How old are they?

11 and 8 (both have birthdays in March).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1909 on: January 28, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »

Did we ever establish how these kids feel about a white man showing up and suddenly calling himself their father because he gives them $30 a month? This whole plot arc fascinates me.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1910 on: January 28, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »

I was at a baby shower on Saturday. Maybe I should offer that couple $30/month once the baby is born, and then ask them if they consider me a second father to their kid.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1911 on: January 28, 2013, 07:50:01 PM »

Cereals are like 130 cals max for a 3/4 cup serving, who cares. The Fig Newtons are probably the only thing I'd caution against in that lot.

Plus, Honey Nut Cheerios, like regular Cheerios, are good for cholesterol, so while it has sugar, it has other benefits as well.

Look, dawg, no one needs Honey Nut Cheerios. Regular Cheerios are just as good, if not better.

This is patently false.

You apparently don't eat Cheerios. You could eat like five bowls of those in a row.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1912 on: January 28, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »

40 minutes until the Biggest Loser TV Show is over for the night. 40 minutes until the Biggest Loser Wii Game Work Out begins! I've kind of slacked off a bit the past couple nights, time to get back on it!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1913 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

Bushie, whatever happened to your stated desire to follow Kenyan sports, weather, and news?  Are you still doing that?  Do you still consider yourself "Kenyan" in the same way that you said you did last year?

Did we ever establish how these kids feel about a white man showing up and suddenly calling himself their father because he gives them $30 a month? This whole plot arc fascinates me.

They seem cool with him calling himself "father", but AFAIK, he hasn't told them that he would actually like to legally adopt them:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=143929.800

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1914 on: January 28, 2013, 11:43:52 PM »

Bushie, whatever happened to your stated desire to follow Kenyan sports, weather, and news?  Are you still doing that?  Do you still consider yourself "Kenyan" in the same way that you said you did last year?

They seem cool with him calling himself "father", but AFAIK, he hasn't told them that he would actually like to legally adopt them:

I still very much consider myself an "American-African" and a "Kenyan".  I still would like to follow the Kenyan sports, but I haven't done so in the past 10 months.  Maybe with World Cup qualifiers coming up, I'll be able to.

I am very tender to the needs of my children, and one of their needs is to have someone love them like a father, but also not to be let down like have been so often in their young lives.  That's why I have not told them, and don't plan to, that I would like to legally adopt them, because until I get a bride, either American or African, it ain't happening!  These kids yearn for someone to love them like a father.  I'm in the best position to provide that.  That's why I call them my kids, because just looking in their eyes, they are desperate for someone to love them with the love of a parent and give them a chance in life.  No, its not the same as if they had come out of my own bowels, but they are no less my kids.  I want to be their rock, their provider, and their protector as much as I can.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1915 on: January 28, 2013, 11:48:26 PM »

I have a 5th goal to add to my list for why I am doing this Biggest Loser workout. My children. Enough said.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1916 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2013, 12:08:34 AM by Senator Duke »

You have to empathize with BushOK here. The poor man wants a lady and a family so he can feel worthwhile. One that will look up to him as the provider and their rock. He wants it so bad that he has taken to calling these sponsor kids his own, and wants them so desperately that he still thinks he will uproot himself one day and move to the Kenyan jungle, despite having trouble living on his own in America.

This is a fascinating story, much more interesting than the weather or discussing his jobs. I can only hope season 5 will center around BushOK's transformation into an American-African, much like Wiklus transformed from a human to an alien in Peter Jackson's District 9, starting with watching the World Cup qualifiers and then progressing to his inevitable shedding of his white skin for the dark chocolate layer that lies beneath. I am full of hope that season 5 will turn things around.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1917 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:50 AM »

I was at a baby shower on Saturday. Maybe I should offer that couple $30/month once the baby is born, and then ask them if they consider me a second father to their kid.

Its a entirely different story.  The baby at the baby shower you will attend probably has someone to provide for them, love them, give them a home, feed them, clothe them.  These two kids in Africa have none of that, except me.  Same goes with the sponsor parents of the rest of the children.  Some of them have their grandmother.  Most do not.  The grandmother cannot provide for herself and her grandchildren and thus relies on the ministry of Maisha and all the sponsors in America to feed their grandchildren, educate them.

Maisha gets permission from the grandparents not only to feed them, educate them, love them, and so on and so forth, but also asks permission for the sponsor to call her grandchildren their sons and daughters.  The grandmothers' gladly accept, because they know it will mean that their grandkids will be fed, educated, clothed, sheltered, in some cases given shoes to wear, but more importantly than that is the notion that someone loves her grandchild enough to call them their children.  Many sponsors already have an American family of their own and to take another one or two children on is overwhelming and the grandmother is very, very appreciative and thankful.

I am struggling financially now, but first and foremost, I will never let my kids go hungry.  I will starve and be put out on the streets before I stop giving my children the necessities.  I plan to take a month and see if I can tolerate Kenyan life in Spring or Summer 2016 (See Season 3).  Then, if that goes well, I plan on moving down there in Spring 2017..  I will not be struggling financially when I move.   I will pay down my bills as far as I can so I can go to Africa with as little debt as I can.  I am working on a plan to pay those bills down.  I don't plan to buy another house until I move to Africa.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1918 on: January 29, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »

I can only hope season 5 will center around BushOK's transformation into an American-African, much like Wiklus transformed from a human to an alien in Peter Jackson's District 9, starting with watching the World Cup qualifiers and then progressing to his inevitable shedding of his white skin for the dark chocolate layer that lies beneath.

This is a terrifying prospect, much like the movie was.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1919 on: January 29, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »

I still very much consider myself an "American-African" and a "Kenyan".

How so?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1920 on: January 29, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »

Bushie, have you followed the 2013 Presidential election in Kenya much? My brother will be heading over there in a couple weeks for mission work, and I'm helping him with a couple small projects, one being doing webcasts on American History. Also ended up doing some research on their upcoming elections, and was wondering if you had thoughts on them. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1921 on: January 29, 2013, 01:18:04 AM »

Inks, being an African does not necessarily entail being black, which is why I is dislike the politically correct imprecision of "African American". In a more logical world, an "African-American" would be a recent African in to America, which would neatly cover both myself and Bushie if he were to sincerely see himself as Kenyan. I would be (and is) black, but Bushie would obviously not. Yet we have this unhelpful squishyness that leads to linguistic confusion.

It's odd, how this is driven by whites and not the referent peoples themselves. Blacks were fine being called negroes. "Native Americans" prefer Indian (which goes the other way in terms of imprecision). We should just do this more sensibly.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1922 on: January 29, 2013, 01:20:40 AM »

Inks, being an African does not necessarily entail being black, which is why I is dislike the politically correct imprecision of "African American". In a more logical world, an "African-American" would be a recent African in to America, which would neatly cover both myself and Bushie if he were to sincerely see himself as Kenyan. I would be (and is) black, but Bushie would obviously not. Yet we have this unhelpful squishyness that leads to linguistic confusion.

It's odd, how this is driven by whites and not the referent peoples themselves. Blacks were fine being called negroes. "Native Americans" prefer Indian (which goes the other way in terms of imprecision). We should just do this more sensibly.

OK, and I spent 5 days in Italy.  That doesn't make me American-Italian.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1923 on: January 29, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »

What does that mean? Bushie's quite free to give him self any national label he wants and he's free to use any supra-national label that corresponds with it. That doesn't make his claims valid, not by any means, but no one is going to stop him. No one would stop you, either. But to use the term "African-American" in its current context would be quite silly.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1924 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:46 AM »

Poor thing, he desperately needs a life and a family... so he's trying to steal someone else's...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies