Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:41:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141738 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »

Unfortunately, I was not able to go grocery shopping today as I am dealing with criminal activity that occurred at my house in Oklahoma today.
What happened? Huh

Air Conditioner Unit got stolen.  It was chained down, the gate was locked and all precautions were taken that we could.  When my parents came to the house they found the gate intact with lock still locked, the chain-link fence still solid, the house still in good shape, so the thieves must have jumped over the fence cleanly and had to have helped, because that was a heavy unit and to clear the fence and the gate without damaging either.  We're working to file a police report and I have to call the officer tomorrow morning to give my consent to file the police report since I am the homeowner.

Well, at least they were considerate thieves.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1801 on: January 21, 2013, 10:53:21 PM »

Unfortunately, I was not able to go grocery shopping today as I am dealing with criminal activity that occurred at my house in Oklahoma today.
What happened? Huh

Air Conditioner Unit got stolen.  It was chained down, the gate was locked and all precautions were taken that we could.  When my parents came to the house they found the gate intact with lock still locked, the chain-link fence still solid, the house still in good shape, so the thieves must have jumped over the fence cleanly and had to have helped, because that was a heavy unit and to clear the fence and the gate without damaging either.  We're working to file a police report and I have to call the officer tomorrow morning to give my consent to file the police report since I am the homeowner.

Well, at least they were considerate thieves.

Haha, and clever...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1802 on: January 22, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »

Workout and shower are over for the night. It was a good workout, stepping it up a bit from Light Core Cardio to Light Full Body including Wood Chops, Lunge Wood Chops, Tap Punches, Lunge Punches, Lunge Punches with knee lift, and some yoga positions such as downward facing dog, and downward facing dog with leg lift. I know I looked stupid in those poses, but I was alone and I didn't care. My workout schedule gives me tomorrow night off before stepping it up even more Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Friday is my "weigh-in". I will still do a little something tomorrow night maybe just marching, a little jogging, wood chops, lunges, wood chops with twisting lunge, side steps, and other light workout. After I talk to my realtor tomorrow after work, I will try to go to Walmart and get the groceries.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1803 on: January 22, 2013, 07:50:19 AM »

Was it really a good idea for you to buy a home in Oklahoma in the first place?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1804 on: January 22, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »

In Bushie's defense, a lot of people get screwed over in real estate. They borrow enormous sums of money because renting is stigmatized and "home ownership" is heralded as the be all end all adult status. Never mind the huge costs of closing the deal, the property taxes, the insurance, and the never ending responsibility and maintenance costs. In deciding whether to rent or to own, one, ideally, would consider factors beyond the advertised price, like how long one intends to remain at a property, whether or not one prefers to do the maintenance himself, and whether or not one can afford to be locked in to a property should a job or family change require a move. Especially should the housing market decline as it did a few years back. Plus, a prospective buyer must consider the opportunity cost of tying up capital either in a large down payment or private mortgage insurance, which protects the bank in case you default. Instead, most people quickly look down their noses at renters and buy the most expensive house a lender will let them. Which, in turn, drives up prices for everybody. Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of buying a house very much. I like comparing styles of houses and complaining about those I do not like. But it just doesn't make a lot of sense for many people, including me, to be buying right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1805 on: January 22, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »

Its been a great day at work.  My arm is quite sore from working out the past three nights, so I've got to work it out.  It feels like I got a nasty shot in the arm, though I havent had a shot in quite a long time.  I cant lift it above my chest without it hurting.  Oh well, the best way to get rid of it is not to baby it, but to continue working out.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1806 on: January 22, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »

Actually, if you're sore, don't push it. You risk injury. Your body has to rest eventually. At last, that is the way I do things when lifting.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1807 on: January 22, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »

No, no, Duke. See, Bushie realizes that. That's exactly why he posted it the way he did. Now everyone will rush in, tell him not to push it and he'll respond that he has up-ed his routine! It's brilliant. Let me get the popcorn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1808 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »

Actually, if you're sore, don't push it. You risk injury. Your body has to rest eventually. At last, that is the way I do things when lifting.

That's a good idea.  I'll just do a light routine tonight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1809 on: January 22, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »

No, no, Duke. See, Bushie realizes that. That's exactly why he posted it the way he did. Now everyone will rush in, tell him not to push it and he'll respond that he has up-ed his routine! It's brilliant. Let me get the popcorn.

Uh oh. It has started! You were right!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1810 on: January 22, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »

Or you can stop being such a p#ssy and go work out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1811 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »

I'm still going to do some cardio that doesn't involve the arms tonight. I'm not going to sit on the couch and vegetate. Oh no, I'm going to at least do some side steps and maybe some lunges and knee lifts tonight. There is no way I'm going to let a sore arm make me completely lose a night. In my opinion, if I completely sit this night out, I will cancel out at least one day of training.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1812 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »

In my opinion, if I completely sit this night out, I will cancel out at least one day of training.

"At least one day?" That's being generous.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1813 on: January 22, 2013, 09:21:45 PM »

In my opinion, if I completely sit this night out, I will cancel out at least one day of training.

"At least one day?" That's being generous.

Which is why I said "at least".  It's liable to cancel out all or most of the past 3 days and basically start me back at square one.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1814 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:09 PM »

You gotta push through it, unless you have reason to believe it is serious and cause injury. If so, then consult a doctor.

It's probably just your body letting you know that it is not used to serious physical activity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1815 on: January 22, 2013, 10:16:59 PM »

You gotta push through it, unless you have reason to believe it is serious. If so, then consult a doctor.

It's probably just your body letting you know that it is not used to serious physical activity.

That's exactly it, I really believe its my body reacting to my workout.  Which is why, while it hurts, I don't mind it, because I knew there would be muscle/bone soreness and pain when I first started.  I'm not going to over exert my arms tonight, but my triceps aren't the only thing that needs to be exercised.  I've got hamstrings, a torso, and a whole host of other things that need to be worked out.  I will be getting started on night 4 in 45 minutes.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1816 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »

You gotta push through it, unless you have reason to believe it is serious and cause injury. If so, then consult a doctor.

Except for Bushie he's probably so overweight and unfit that could cause a heart attack. Doing something like 2 days on, 1 day off and then intensifying the workout after he doesn't feel any discomfort would probably be for the best. Now that actually means he's actually doing that.

You are correct though that for a normal person pushing through isn't that big of a deal. Like what I'll be doing soon once the outpatient surgery I had heals and now that I'm not sick anymore either. Like Bushie I'm almost at what my highest weight has been again, but unlike him it's about 100 lbs lighter Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1817 on: January 22, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »

Except for Bushie he's probably so overweight and unfit that could cause a heart attack. Doing something like 2 days on, 1 day off and then intensifying the workout after he doesn't feel any discomfort would probably be for the best. Now that actually means he's actually doing that.

You are correct though that for a normal person pushing through isn't that big of a deal. Like what I'll be doing soon once the outpatient surgery I had heals and now that I'm not sick anymore either. Like Bushie I'm almost at what my highest weight has been again, but unlike him it's about 100 lbs lighter Tongue

However, I refuse to let a night "go to waste".  I will probably do 2-3 days of rigorous physical exercise, but that 1 day "off", I still will be doing something, even if it just something like side steps or marching or even lunges while I'm watching TV.  Every night that goes by that I don't do anything probably cancels 2-3 days of work.  I just need to do something to get the heart rate up for just a bit on the "off" days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1818 on: January 23, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »

I just put in 16 minutes of light cardio mainly focusing on the legs and hamstrings, but with some light tricep work, as well.  On to work out #5 tomorrow night.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1819 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:10 AM »

I just put in 16 minutes of light cardio mainly focusing on the legs and hamstrings, but with some light tricep work, as well.  On to work out #5 tomorrow night.

16 minutes....16 minutes? You do realize you didnt do a thing, right? That isnt nearly enough time to get your heart rate up enough to start losing weight. When I go lifting, I do at least 30 minutes of cardio to get ready to stretch and work out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1820 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »

FTW!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1821 on: January 23, 2013, 09:28:23 AM »

FTW!

One step at a time. He's still learning how to drink water.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1822 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »

16 minutes....16 minutes? You do realize you didnt do a thing, right? That isnt nearly enough time to get your heart rate up enough to start losing weight. When I go lifting, I do at least 30 minutes of cardio to get ready to stretch and work out.

Yeah, that is true. If BushOK is only doing 15 minute exercises a day, he really is not accomplishing much of anything. You need 30 minutes of cardio minimum to start losing weight, and even then you're not doing much. Of course, someone BushOK's size who usual does no exercise may benefit from starting light. I have no idea.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1823 on: January 23, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »

FTW!

That one baffles me....
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1824 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »
« Edited: January 23, 2013, 11:17:39 AM by Big DaddyTX »

That's a good idea.  I'll just do a light routine tonight.

FTW!

That one baffles me....

I drink water all day. The only things (other than booze or coffee) that I drink, is if I go out somewhere to eat, I'll get an unsweetend ice tea. I can't stand soda.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies