Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:24:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141694 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: January 11, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »

The reason I'm having this wishy-washy feelings is I'm really not sure what to make of my current situation.  It could stay slow, or it could just as easily return to normal, and it could just as easily get real busy and require overtime.  The thing that gives me "time", is they hired two classes after I was hired.  I think it will pick up, personally, as we continue to get further removed from the Holidays.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it will even pick up this week.  My only concern is that since the end of September, they have brought in 4 classes of 7-10 people per class.  I was the 2nd class to get hired.  My class started at 7, but was widdled down to 5 before Thanksgiving.  My class brought the agent count to 18-20 during peak hours.  Now we have 40-45 agents during peak hours, plus two other sites helping us take our calls in Boulder, Colorado and El Paso, Texas.  I fear they "over-hired".  It would make sense to me that the newest class would be the first to get let go if it comes to that, but the uncertainty still remains.  I turned down the job because 1) it didn't look like the right fit after conversations and 2) I'm not desperate right now.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1401 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:26 PM »

Jeff... you're not proficient at call centers. You keep getting fired from them. That is what most are going to do. They will get you for 6 months, fire you, and just rehire someone else just as fast. Come on, you see this all the time!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1402 on: January 11, 2013, 08:29:51 PM »

I am not buying his story. It sounds too much like his past lies - i.e. bizarre decisions and then strange arguments to support them. "I would ask for my ring back, but I am sure she will call me tonight as she said she would!" type deal. Or the weight loss episodes.

I hope I am wrong, but I am nearly certain he was let go, otherwise he'd be a fool to turn down employment because he wanted to "wait and see what xerox is going to do."

Why even interview then? Smells way too fishy for me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1403 on: January 11, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »

I think I'm just going to let things ride for another week.  I'm pretty confident things will pick up enough for 40 hour weeks to be needed.  Overtime may be a ways away, but if I can at least get 40 hours in a week, I'll be a happy camper.  I really don't want to start over yet again.  I'm getting too old to be doing that.  I may gived them 2 weeks.  If I can't get 80 hours over the next 2 weeks, I'll start looking again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1404 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »

I get that, but you and I both know the call centers are hardly a form of stable employment given how often you have been fired from them in the past. I want to see you succeed as much as anyone. However, I do not understand the obsession with call centers. Is that the only job available anywhere? I just have a feeling they will never workout.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1405 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »

I know you dont want to burn bridges, but you know they will fire you in a heartbeat and not care, right? They are not going to invest in you, so why be faithful to them?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1406 on: January 11, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »

The main reason I turned it down is they wouldn't let me give a 2 week notice at Xerox. 
You have a contract? I find that hard to believe. Or did they just tell you to go ahead and get the fudge out? That seems a more likely scenario.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1407 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »

The main reason I turned it down is they wouldn't let me give a 2 week notice at Xerox. 
You have a contract? I find that hard to believe. Or did they just tell you to go ahead and get the fudge out? That seems a more likely scenario.

I'm still there, and I don't have a contract, but I want to be courteous and offer a 2 weeks notice if and when I do leave.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1408 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »

Give me leave to modify one of my statements earlier.  I said I am going to give Xerox another week or two before I give up on them.  That is true except for one application that is in the cooker before I came to this decision.  It is in an entirely different field.  It is working with Delta Air Lines as a Gate Operator, checking passengers in, directing them to their appropriate gate, and boarding passengers.  This possibility may require me to relocate again, but we'll see.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1409 on: January 11, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

I'm still there, and I don't have a contract, but I want to be courteous and offer a 2 weeks notice if and when I do leave.
I don't understand how they "wouldn't let [you] give a 2 weeks notice." Did you try, only to have them say go ahead and get the fudge out now?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1410 on: January 11, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »

So if you keep getting less than 40 hours (or working once every two weeks) you are going to continue to turn down offers for other jobs with 40 hours if you can't give the 2 weeks notice??

Bushie, I am all for giving two weeks notice, I think its the appropriate thing to do, but if you have a take it r leave it opportunity and your job now is currently not working out, you have to take it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1411 on: January 11, 2013, 09:48:50 PM »

I don't understand how they "wouldn't let [you] give a 2 weeks notice." Did you try, only to have them say go ahead and get the fudge out now?

I think he is talking about the new position.  Sounds like they had an immediate opening and needed to fill the position right away, so when Bushie said he wanted to give two weeks, they simply moved to the next person that could start right away.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: January 11, 2013, 09:57:55 PM »

I think he is talking about the new position.  Sounds like they had an immediate opening and needed to fill the position right away, so when Bushie said he wanted to give two weeks, they simply moved to the next person that could start right away.

This ^
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1413 on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »

Give me leave to modify one of my statements earlier.  I said I am going to give Xerox another week or two before I give up on them.  That is true except for one application that is in the cooker before I came to this decision.  It is in an entirely different field.  It is working with Delta Air Lines as a Gate Operator, checking passengers in, directing them to their appropriate gate, and boarding passengers.  This possibility may require me to relocate again, but we'll see.

How exciting! Where's the job!

(make sure I never fly Delta through there)

Ah, I'm just kidding. Maybe you should become a steward!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1414 on: January 11, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »

Its actually at New York-LaGuardia
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1415 on: January 11, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »

I believe they have a fitness requirement. Airplanes having tight spaces and all. Perhaps, a cruiseship would be better. You're never far from a buffet Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1416 on: January 11, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »

Bushie in New York City would be epic though!!! New Yorkers are so forthcoming in their opinions. 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1417 on: January 11, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »

I will be taking a 15-20 minute assessment a little later tonight and then wait for the recruiter to get in touch with me.

I wanted to be a flight operator, but I couldn't find any open positions that didn't require bilingual in another language.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1418 on: January 11, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

Its actually at New York-LaGuardia

Wait wait wait. Bushie's coming to NYC? Damn. So that's not an option. Tongue Well, if you do come, I'll welcome you with open arms!
LOL it would be interesting to have him so close
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1419 on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »

I just took the assessment which was more of a psychological survey.  I will now wait to hear from them!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1420 on: January 11, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »

A psych survey of Bushie? Boy are they in for a treat!!!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1421 on: January 11, 2013, 11:14:31 PM »

Bushie in New York City would be epic though!!! New Yorkers are so forthcoming in their opinions. 

Would he make it full week?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1422 on: January 11, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but moving to New York is the last thing you need.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1423 on: January 11, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »

Bushie, what would this pay??  You do realize NYC or anything commutable?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1424 on: January 11, 2013, 11:47:32 PM »

Bushie, what would this pay??  You do realize NYC or anything commutable?

It wouldn't pay a whole lot.  I think it said $11.04.  There are other airports around the country.  The pay is the only thing I'm concerned about.  I'll find out more when I talk to the recruiter.  I hope I read it wrong...
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies