Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141754 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »

Gramps and BRTD, when in that post did I say I would miss because of weather?  I can't find it.  But, as always, you twist my words around.  What I did say is I would attempt to go to work, but would be a nervous wreck all the way there.  That is NOT the same thing as missing work.  The only reason I am off today is because of the call volume.

I know why you're off.  I just want you to resist temptation on other days when you're not.  Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1376 on: January 11, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »

Gramps and BRTD, when in that post did I say I would miss because of weather?  I can't find it.  But, as always, you twist my words around.  What I did say is I would attempt to go to work, but would be a nervous wreck all the way there.  That is NOT the same thing as missing work.  The only reason I am off today is because of the call volume.

I know why you're off.  I just want you to resist temptation on other days when you're not.  Tongue

It makes sense what you're saying, but my point was its not happening right now.

Anyway, I've got a possible Plan B in the works as far as my employment goes.  Its a little farther away in Salt Lake City, but it pays slightly more. 12.55 as opposed to 12.00.  No more details beyond that are known.  It is still a very new possibility.  I don't necessarily want to leave where I'm at, but if they keep cutting my hours then I'm not gaining anything, and in fact losing pace.  Plus, if the call volume does stay slow there is an increasing possibility of lay offs which may force me to find something else, anyway.  As far as the weather goes, that's not a real big concern for two reasons. 1) I've survived half the winter already and more importantly 2) I can ride the bus wherever I need to go.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #1377 on: January 11, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

It makes sense what you're saying, but my point was its not happening right now.

Anyway, I've got a possible Plan B in the works as far as my employment goes.  Its a little farther away in Salt Lake City, but it pays slightly more. 12.55 as opposed to 12.00.  No more details beyond that are known.  It is still a very new possibility.  I don't necessarily want to leave where I'm at, but if they keep cutting my hours then I'm not gaining anything, and in fact losing pace.  Plus, if the call volume does stay slow there is an increasing possibility of lay offs which may force me to find something else, anyway.  As far as the weather goes, that's not a real big concern for two reasons. 1) I've survived half the winter already and more importantly 2) I can ride the bus wherever I need to go.
If you live 1.25 miles from work, you can walk, the bus is faster certainly, but still.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1378 on: January 11, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »

You have survived 21 days of winter.. you still have over 2 months until Spring.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: January 11, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »

You have survived 21 days of winter.. you still have over 2 months until Spring.

Winter in Utah doesn't start on December 21.  It starts in October and ends sometime in March or April.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1380 on: January 11, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

I see you're already planning on giving up the $40 bonus.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1381 on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

Winter in Utah doesn't start on December 21.  It starts in October and ends sometime in March or April.

No.. it starts December 21st. October is fall.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1382 on: January 11, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »

Yeah.  Cold and snow ≠ winter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »

Okay, okay, I'm halfway through the snow season.

Inks,

I'm just trying to protect myself and do whatever I need to do to make sure I'm employed.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1384 on: January 11, 2013, 02:59:08 PM »

Be 100% honest for once, did they let you go already?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1385 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »

Because it gets pretty chilly up in New England... but we start winter ya know.. with the rest of the country.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1386 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »

Be 100% honest for once, did they let you go already?

100% honestly?  No.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: January 11, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »

I will find out Monday afternoon if I have an interview for that position.  Its a little farther of a drive, but still not too bad.  I would probably know within 48 hours of the interview whether I have the position and would likely start as early as Monday, January 21 or 28, 2013.  I just took a brief phone interview with them and she is forwarding me on to the hiring supervisor, in which I will likely have an in person interview  It is a 6-month contract to hire which means I would be on permanent by the end of July or August.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1388 on: January 11, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »

I will find out Monday afternoon if I have an interview for that position.  Its a little farther of a drive, but still not too bad.  I would probably know within 48 hours of the interview whether I have the position and would likely start as early as Monday, January 21 or 28, 2013.  I just took a brief phone interview with them and she is forwarding me on to the hiring supervisor, in which I will likely have an in person interview  It is a 6-month contract to hire which means I would be on permanent by the end of July or August.

Call center?  Did the current place give you notice you're being let go?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1389 on: January 11, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

Call center?  Did the current place give you notice you're being let go?

Call Center? Affirmative - No notice has been given about any kind of letting go.  I am just trying to make sure I get 40 hours a week...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1390 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »

What do you mean by "all the way there"? It's 1.25 miles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1391 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »

I just turned that other position down.  I want to give Xerox a chance to turn around and start giving 40 hours.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1392 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »

I just turned that other position down.  I want to give Xerox a chance to turn around and start giving 40 hours.

u don't make any sense bro
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1393 on: January 11, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

Umm, wtf?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1394 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »

Over or under on being unemployed by the end of the month?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1395 on: January 11, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »

I dont understand it.. are the only positions available call centers? I probably could have had you in that position we had in El Reno, too. There has to be something out there..
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: January 11, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »

Umm, wtf?

I don't want to give up that easy.  The main reason I turned it down is they wouldn't let me give a 2 week notice at Xerox.  I would have loved to work for them if it weren't for that.  I don't want to burn bridges too quickly.

Now, having said that, I am going to give Xerox another week and if I don't get a full 40 hours, I will start looking around.

I'm going to look, but I'm not going to rule out call centers this time.  I have become so proficient at call centers that I am an easy and fast learner and really the only thing I need to learn is their ticketing system and other specialized tools.  I know how to troubleshoot as I've been doing that for the last 2 1/2 years.  I would prefer to get out of the call center and I'll look outside first, but I won't hesitate to pick up another call center if need be.  I just need something that will give me a full 40 hours with little to no risk of falling below that.

MasterJedi, I could very easily be out of Xerox by the end of the month if they don't give me the 40 hours I need.  I will not leave until I have signed on the bottom line somewhere else, whether that's late January, February, July, or anytime.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1397 on: January 11, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »

You should just work 2 jobs so that you're actually making 40 hours worth of pay.  It's really not that hard to do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1398 on: January 11, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

Methinks Bushie didn't get that new job.

All he had to do was ask his supervisor what was going on and take the new job if he wasn't given an answer. So turns down a new job to "wait and see" on your current job that isn't even working you?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1399 on: January 11, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

Methinks Bushie didn't get that new job.

That's what I was thinking... nobody thinks, "I should find a new job" and interviews and thinks, "I didn't really want to leave my old job."
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies