Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:57:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141790 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »

The VTO carrot was dangled in front of my face and I ignored it.  I managed to stay away from VTO and lasted my entire shift.  Now, I have the full 16 hours this week.  I work all day tomorrow and then by 8:00 am Thursday (3 hours into the shift), I will have already passed last pay period's total hours (26.70).  BTW, half of my coworkers bit on that carrot and went home early.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1301 on: January 08, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »

I'm starting a new initiative tonight, something a little different, and something I hope will prove productive and fruitful.  I am going to watch NBC's The Biggest Loser and see what tips I can pick up on eating healthy, losing weight, and becoming more physically fit.  I've got Sunday and Monday night's episodes on DVR and I'm watching Sunday night's episode now.  Of course, I'm watching for the entertainment value partly, but I'm also watching for the educational purposes.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1302 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »

I never wear jeans, one because they squeeze my crotch, and two because they're so boring. I prefer my pants to be colored, like reds, greens, blues, yellows, pinks, etc. If BushKE would buy into my fashion advice, he could buy multcolored pants and just wear a navy jacket and look so spiffy all the time!

That's for me to do!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1303 on: January 08, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »

Well-

-maybe-

-perhaps-

-good luck Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1304 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:07 PM »

While watching The Biggest Loser this season, I will be doing some exercises in the living room.  I'll probably start with some arm curls, then some leg curls.  I've got a heavier object that can act like a dumbbell.  Changes are afoote!!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1305 on: January 08, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »

lol
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1306 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »

While watching The Biggest Loser this season, I will be doing some exercises in the living room.  I'll probably start with some arm curls, then some leg curls.  I've got a heavier object that can act like a dumbbell.  Changes are afoote!!

If you want to make a difference, do cardio, not curls
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1307 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »

Right. Walk, then when you can physically handle it, run. I need to start doing both again now that we are talking about exercise.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1308 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »

The thought of Bushie chafing in jeans has completely ruined my mood for lunch........OMG

Mood for anything frankly...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1309 on: January 08, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »

Bushie, turn off the tv. There's nothing magical it can teach you. You'd be better off doing anything with your time. And I say that as a total hypocrit who wants to lose weight but wastes far too much time in front of a screen. Do as I say, not as I do. Please.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1310 on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

I'll be incorporating some cardio while I watch the Biggest Loser.  I will look dumb doing it, but nobody's in the apartment with me.  I'll be marching in place while watching the show.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1311 on: January 08, 2013, 08:25:43 PM »

What do you guys think about beans as a main staple?  Beans are low fat, so my body eats the reserves.  They are high in fiber.  They have protein for muscle strength and complex carbs for energy.  I know that can't be my ONLY food, but what if I were to make that one of my big staples?  One of my friends just told me he's been eating a high-fiber diet with beans as the main staple since September and added in a lot of cardio in November.

I've been doing some cardio (marching in place) while watching the Biggest Loser from last night.  I really feel this show will be more beneficial than I think because it is inspiring me to get off my lazy hiney and work out!

Oh, and today at work, I've started drinking more water.  I drank 40 oz. of water today and only 20 oz of soda while at work.  I know 40 oz (5 glasses) is not the 6-8 glasses of water I should be at, but its roughly about 4 1/2 glasses (36 oz) more than I would have in an average day.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1312 on: January 08, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

Was the soda at least diet?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1313 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »

Yes
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1314 on: January 08, 2013, 09:07:36 PM »

I'll be incorporating some cardio while I watch the Biggest Loser.  I will look dumb doing it, but nobody's in the apartment with me.  I'll be marching in place while watching the show.

Good!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1315 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:04 PM »

One passage of Scripture that brought this sudden change on me today was actually a verse mentioned in passing on Sunday.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Who am I to desecrate God's temple or God's property?

God has convicted me over the past few days especially when this forum, though most are non-believers, have been saying this very same thing...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1316 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

I very strongly prefer lentils to beans. Especially the delicate little red ones, but those can be hard to find. May have to go to whole foods to get them. The green ones next to the rice at WalMart (just labelled "lentils") are pretty good too. Saute some fresh onion and garlic and throw them in to add flavor. Beans are a big pain in the Inks. You have to soak them forever and then cook them for hours and hours after that. I do like black beans a lot though. Excellent with a bit of sour cream.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1317 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:45 PM »

One passage of Scripture that brought this sudden change on me today was actually a verse mentioned in passing on Sunday.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Who am I to desecrate God's temple or God's property?

God has convicted me over the past few days especially when this forum, though most are non-believers, have been saying this very same thing...

I think that's more accurate than you realise.

Plus... it's common sense... if you need to think God is telling you to do something, despite all of us 'non-believers' telling you the same thing... go ahead.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1318 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »

I wonder how many calories posting bible quotes burns? Time for you to stop deluding yourself and blowing smoke and take action. Just my 2 bits, best of luck going forward.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1319 on: January 08, 2013, 11:08:31 PM »

I very strongly prefer lentils to beans. Especially the delicate little red ones, but those can be hard to find. May have to go to whole foods to get them. The green ones next to the rice at WalMart (just labelled "lentils") are pretty good too. Saute some fresh onion and garlic and throw them in to add flavor. Beans are a big pain in the Inks. You have to soak them forever and then cook them for hours and hours after that. I do like black beans a lot though. Excellent with a bit of sour cream.

You can just get beans in cans. Sure it's a little more expensive, but 75 cents or whatever for a can of beans (which is like two or three meals if you have it with rice) is still very frugal.

Beans and rice is one of my go to foods, especially if you throw in some sauteed onion/garlic/peppers or a fried egg on top or an avocado or a liberal dousing of hot sauce, or some combination.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1320 on: January 09, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

If you want to make a difference, do cardio, not curls

Bushie, since I just started it up again you should do Insanity.  j/k
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1321 on: January 09, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »

People will snicker at the thought of a fat guy marching in place in front of a TV show about fat people losing weight... because, well, it is funny... but at the same time it's still great that you're doing it.

I used to jog in place sometimes in the winter when I was in high school and intersperse that with situps and push ups.  Of course you probably can do neither right now.. but you could intersperse some arm and/or leg curls in with your "marching".  It'll get the heart rate going a bit more temporarily, and it'll build arm strength so you can do pushups!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1322 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:04 AM »

You can just get beans in cans. Sure it's a little more expensive, but 75 cents or whatever for a can of beans (which is like two or three meals if you have it with rice) is still very frugal.

Beans and rice is one of my go to foods, especially if you throw in some sauteed onion/garlic/peppers or a fried egg on top or an avocado or a liberal dousing of hot sauce, or some combination.

How do you guys deal with the flatulence?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1323 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »

^ What he said.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1324 on: January 09, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »

Beans and especially lentils don't give me gas. Dairy is the real culprit in that department. Canned beans don't taste right. The texture holds up a lot better than canned veggies, which are an abomination if ever there were one, but they're still a little off although they're ok in things.  Canned kidney beans work great for chili, for instance. And a can of refried beans can be a part of a dip or go in a tortilla along with other goodies. But I'll still rep the lentil till the day I die. I can enjoy a big bowl of lentils as a meal. They're a comfort food. Def would not say the same thing about beans.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies