Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141632 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1251 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:31 PM »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1252 on: January 06, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »

My job is pretty good about having a clear attendance policy. You always know if you're going to get in trouble or get close to firing. I call in "sick" all the time and have never even been on a warning.

Also Bushie, something else I thought of today because I saw it: Have you ever been to a church that had an attractive female preaching?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1253 on: January 06, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »

My job is pretty good about having a clear attendance policy. You always know if you're going to get in trouble or get close to firing. I call in "sick" all the time and have never even been on a warning.

Also Bushie, something else I thought of today because I saw it: Have you ever been to a church that had an attractive female preaching?

I don't agree with female preachers.  Its not a big turn off for me, and I have no problem with them actually preaching, but I would not become a member of their church.  I was unnerved at my high school baccalaureate ceremony, because the service was led by a female pastor.  I told my pastor about that and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "if they're not against us, they're for us".  I have a good friend from college (a female) who is a pastor of 2 Methodist churches in Northeast Oklahoma and a Chaplain in the US Navy.  I would never attend her church as a member, but I might go and just visit.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1254 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

That's really too bad, since that's a huge plus. Not only did we have an attractive female preaching, she dressed like a girl at some Uptown coffee shop instead of doing something formal. Before the service she was even talking about how she had just recently bought the knee-high boots she was wearing because she was trying to procrastinate writing her sermon by shopping.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1255 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »

I'm old school and I wish everyone in my church would go back to wearing suits (men) and dresses (women).  I know its the changing culture, but I miss the days where all the men and boys would wear suits and the women and girls would wear dresses.  It was so fun dressing up every Sunday.  I've slacked off myself, but largely that's trying not to overdress from the crowd and stand out for the wrong reasons.  Its not a big deal, but i prefer formal dress at church.

Heck, I'm one of those weird people that like wearing suits more than I like wearing jeans.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »

People don't dress up for church anymore? Since when? Whenever I go to greek church everyone is dressed to impress, especially those greek girls...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1257 on: January 06, 2013, 09:59:50 PM »

People don't dress up for church anymore? Since when? Whenever I go to greek church everyone is dressed to impress, especially those greek girls...

Those people are probably not hipsters.

Also Bushie is an odd person to be working at a call center with that above post.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1258 on: January 06, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »

I don't go to church to be a hipster. I go to be miserable, sit in an uncomfortable pew and listen to people speak about jesus in greek. Sometimes it's a great message and other times it just reminds me of why I am hellbound.

Oh, and sometimes, I will window shop all the greek girls to see if I can find one to cook and clean up after me, as all good greek girls do.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1259 on: January 06, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »

Also Bushie is an odd person to be working at a call center with that above post.

There is one main problem with suits - they're too Inks expensive...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1260 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »

Brooks Brothers is having a heck of a sale this time of year. I bought 3 shirts for less than $100 today!

Besides, you only need 1-2 suits and just load up on different shirts and ties. Problem solved.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1261 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »

Plus, I have had "all suit" jobs in the past.  I was also selling vacuums or phony insurance in those suits.  Plus, if I'm running late to work, its nice to just throw on jeans, shirt, and shoes and call it good.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1262 on: January 06, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

Yeah, never trust anybody in a suit. Bankers. Lawyers. Politicians. Salesmen. Clergy. The suit is a huge red flag that something is slimy. Door to door vacuum salesman? Jesus! Speaking of clergy, what is your issue with female pastors? Do you find the female form too distracting? Or do you find the male voice more pleasing? What difference does it make, so long as the job is done?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1263 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26:53 PM »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.

The law, moral right, their grandmother... OH, did you ask them to call you that?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1264 on: January 06, 2013, 11:31:34 PM »

Yeah, never trust anybody in a suit. Bankers. Lawyers. Politicians. Salesmen. Clergy. The suit is a huge red flag that something is slimy. Door to door vacuum salesman? Jesus! Speaking of clergy, what is your issue with female pastors? Do you find the female form too distracting? Or do you find the male voice more pleasing? What difference does it make, so long as the job is done?

Agreed entirely. Of course clergy who DON'T wear suits are fine. Especially if they are a cute girl wearing knee-high boots and a hipster scarf.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1265 on: January 06, 2013, 11:43:31 PM »

Simfan would so hate this dude at my work who works tons of OT so he can save up money to make an investment to start his own clothing line. He's going to start first designing T-shirts, and then move on to hoodies.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1266 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »

SimFan must have a lot of money to blow if he's giving away a free suit. Or more likely he's making the statement for the prestige, knowing the offer will never go through. Which is very silly.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1267 on: January 07, 2013, 03:05:03 AM »

SimFan must have a lot of money to blow if he's giving away a free suit. Or more likely he's making the statement for the prestige, knowing the offer will never go through. Which is very silly.

No, but I know Bushie doesn't. He's not going to go for the $2,000 Golden Fleece suit. If he would go, he'd opt for something from the Red Fleece line or something.
I don't ever wear suits. I don't even own one, but just from window shopping, I'm rather unimpressed with Brooks Brothers. Joseph A Bank always seem to have a far better look. Brooks, like Eddie Bauer, always seems to be deliberatly trying to be 10 years out of style. Just for looksies, I also like a local Memphis shop called James Davis, but nobody on here is going to know what the Inks that is anyway.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1268 on: January 07, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »

So... Bushie commits incest, has fake children, AND is sexist? Man, although the children part is recycled from last season, this season is really starting to pick up!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1269 on: January 07, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »

I don't know what entity "Maisha" is, but it's not the Kenyan Government or any subsidiary of it.  Unless of course you want to do some time in a Kenyan hoosegow.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1270 on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »

No, but I know Bushie doesn't. He's not going to go for the $2,000 Golden Fleece suit. If he would go, he'd opt for something from the Red Fleece line or something.
I don't even own one, but just from window shopping, I'm rather unimpressed with Brooks Brothers. Joseph A Bank always seem to have a far better look.

I once went shopping for a dinner jacket at Paul Stuart. I asked him if he had anything under $1,000.  He told me to go look at Brooks, or "Joseph A. Bank, really". I nearly slapped him.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1271 on: January 07, 2013, 03:04:26 PM »

...if I'm running late to work, its nice to just throw on jeans, shirt, and shoes and call it good.

How can you wear jeans?  Even I find them uncomfortable, and you weigh 300 pounds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1272 on: January 07, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »

...if I'm running late to work, its nice to just throw on jeans, shirt, and shoes and call it good.

How can you wear jeans?  Even I find them uncomfortable, and you weigh 300 pounds.

Ahem... 265 pounds...  I have to tuck my shirt in in order for the jeans not to start hurting me.

Anyway, I'm home from a busier day at work.  The day was a fair amount busier, enough to make VTO not a possibility.  So, I managed to make it all the way until 2:30.  I did find out this morning that to accommodate my new desk assignment, I will be working 5:00-13:30 beginning tomorrow.  The person that shares the desk with me comes in at 14:00.  So, I will be getting up at roughly 3:30 am.  I would get up at 3:00, but I'm going to try to do a lot of my morning routine the night before such as my shower, so 3:30 or even 3:45/4:00 should be plenty.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1273 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »

I don't know what entity "Maisha" is, but it's not the Kenyan Government or any subsidiary of it.  Unless of course you want to do some time in a Kenyan hoosegow.

Maisha is the name of the Orphanage where these children are fed and educated.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1274 on: January 07, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

I don't get it.. I'm a husky gentleman, and I find jeans comfortable. Of course, I only get to wear them after work and on weekends.. but still.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies