Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141657 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 30, 2012, 05:57:59 PM »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

Odds that Bushie calls in sick: 1.1:1.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1051 on: December 30, 2012, 06:02:57 PM »

woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.

What is the difference between fat chance and slim chance?

I am not calling in sick that day. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1052 on: December 30, 2012, 06:10:23 PM »

What if it snows?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1053 on: December 30, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »

What if it snows?

If it snows, I'll get to work somehow.  Thankfully, there is no chance of snow this week.  Its just supposed to be cold and hazy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1054 on: December 30, 2012, 06:17:33 PM »

What if it snows?

If it snows, I'll get to work somehow.  Thankfully, there is no chance of snow this week.  Its just supposed to be cold and hazy.

There is always a chance of snow. A popular saying in Wisconsin is "if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" which is really applicable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1055 on: December 30, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »

What if it snows?

There is always a chance of snow. A popular saying in Wisconsin is "if you don't like the weather wait 5 min" which is really applicable.

That's the saying in most of the country, except in Oklahoma, we don't give it 5 minutes.  More like 5 seconds.

The weather forecast shows just cold and hazy conditions all week.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1056 on: December 30, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »

July 1st? If he's still there on Feb. 1st, I'll be surprised.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1057 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »

O ye of little faith...
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1058 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1059 on: December 30, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »

How hard is it to get let go from a gov't contracting job? Before my dad had his complete breakdown that I discussed on tweed's psychiatric disability thread, he was working for the state of TN at a prison and was also pretty damn worthless. He could not be fired because he showed up for work on time and didn't do anything super crazy. They tried giving him no work to do whatsoever for many months, as that was the most "hostile" thing they could do to try to get rid of him. But he lasted a few more years. And now gets a defined pension for life. I need to get a gov't job!!!

Well, considering I'll be using my security clearance that I had at Dell...  It's not impossible, but its not real easy.  I prefer not to "test" it!
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1060 on: December 30, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »

Bushie if you're going to work OT it makes even less sense to take days off. That'll take you below 40 hours, and thus you lose 1.5x hours of pay for every hour you take off, not just one hour. I take days off all the time with my work's loophole-ridden attendance policies, but never when I'm working OT. That's why I called in last Friday (on the supposed Mayan apocalypse day) to use up my last remaining free off day (since they reset at the end of the year) instead of Saturday which would've given me a normal weekend and then Christmas off. Saturday is the first day of our work week, so it would've cost me in OT (I could backfill the pay since I still have PTO hours, but it wouldn't count toward OT.) As it is my week went Friday off, Saturday work, Sunday off, Monday work, Tuesday off, work four days. Weird, but it worked in terms of what I got paid. If I took Saturday off it wouldn't have been as good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: December 31, 2012, 06:43:27 AM »

I have decided I will still volunteer for VTO.  I have a few things here at the apartment I want to do before the New Year.  I hope to be back home before Noon.  Even if I do have to work all day, though, I'll still be home by 2:45, so I'll ask for VTO, but I won't be disappointed if I don't get it.  I should get it, though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1062 on: December 31, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »

That's right memphis - the only hope for the working class is 1) the government job, and 2) the unionized job for a public utility (as in the power company or water company).  If a person is working for the 'private sector' he might as well throw in the towel (and by that I do mean american-style).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1063 on: December 31, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

That's right memphis - the only hope for the working class is 1) the government job, and 2) the unionized job for a public utility (as in the power company or water company).  If a person is working for the 'private sector' he might as well throw in the towel (and by that I do mean american-style).

He lost both of those types of jobs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1064 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:21 PM »

I managed to get in 4 hours.  It was a lot busier than I thought it would be, but still I was able to take off half a day.  So, I refuse to go to work any more the rest of the year!  I'm off tomorrow, then it will be time to get down to business Wednesday.  I've got 2 11-hour days coming up Wednesday and Thursday (10 1/2 + 1/2 lunch).  Incidentally, 3 people went home before me on VTO this morning.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1065 on: December 31, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »

Jesus christ, he's treating working the same way he treats his diets!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1066 on: December 31, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »

1-800-289-9633 - (1-800-BUZZ-OFF)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1067 on: December 31, 2012, 02:02:08 PM »

Jesus christ, he's treating working the same way he treats his diets!

He's lost more jobs than weight......
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1068 on: December 31, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

I'm off tomorrow, then it will be time to get down to business Wednesday. I've got 2 11-hour days coming up Wednesday and Thursday (10 1/2 + 1/2 lunch).

Sounds intense! Remember your calisthenics. Take it easy on yourself and to pack a few 'energy snacks' for endurance:

Don't tempt me. Angry
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1069 on: December 31, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »

Looks disgusting.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1070 on: December 31, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »

I've got a weakness for Bacon Cheeseburgers.  The Ultimate in artery-clogging goodies!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1071 on: December 31, 2012, 05:01:57 PM »

I've got a weakness for Bacon Cheeseburgers.  The Ultimate in artery-clogging goodies!

Even ignoring that slight problem, I really wouldn't want to eat that...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1072 on: December 31, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »

I've gotta agree with Bushie on this one. Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1073 on: December 31, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »

Bushie, have you joined a church in Utah? People are usually willing to extend an invitation on Thanksgiving if you make it known that you have nowhere to go. Cause the thought of you eating Thanksgiving dinner at Golden Corral by yourself is so damn depressing. No offense.

Yes, I have joined the First Southern Baptist Church of Salt Lake City.  I didnt ask anybody as I hate inviting myself.  I've already had my Thanksgiving Dinner for 2012.  It is depressing, but I'll be going home for Christmas so the Holidays won't be a total loss.

No one invited you, or at the very least asked you what your plans were for Thanksgiving?  What sort of depressing antisocial church do you go to?!?

I just realised that the thought of someone asking me about my
Thanksgiving plans, or any plans, at my church would be extremely bizarre. What, are they suppose to come up to you and just ask "what are you doing for Thanksgiving?"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1074 on: December 31, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

Are those... cheesy mushrooms?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies