Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141604 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: December 29, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »

Memphis, looking for girls in church is a terrible and sacrilegious idea.

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.
Church has the respectable girls. If you're new in town, where else you gonna look, craiglist? Note to Bushie, please do NOT actually look for girls on cgaigslist.

Oh, heavens no!  I don't do craigslist!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1026 on: December 30, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »

But I can tell you, from limited experience, they don't put-...
Depends what you're looking for of course. If you want an easy lay, by all means, go to the local club. If you're looking to settle down with somebody who's worth seeing again, church is an excellent place to start. Especially for a guy who is already going there anyway. Networking is king. Same as it ever was.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1027 on: December 30, 2012, 01:27:54 AM »

Depends what you're looking for of course. If you want an easy lay, by all means, go to the local club. If you're looking to settle down with somebody who's worth seeing again, church is an excellent place to start. Especially for a guy who is already going there anyway. Networking is king. Same as it ever was.

My main reason for wanting a lady other than for her, is so I can legally adopt my kids.  I want someone who shares the same passion for missions and for Africa that I do and is willing to adopt the kids with me as well as possibly a child or two of our own.  I know that sounds kind of bad, kinda like I'm using her for a specific purpose, but that is not the motive.  She will help me adopt the kids and allow us to become a family.  Then, I might think about bringing the kids to America if the wife doesn't want to move to Africa.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1028 on: December 30, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »

My main reason for wanting a lady other than for her, is so I can legally adopt my kids.  I want someone who shares the same passion for missions and for Africa that I do and is willing to adopt the kids with me as well as possibly a child or two of our own.  I know that sounds kind of bad, kinda like I'm using her for a specific purpose, but that is not the motive.  She will help me adopt the kids and allow us to become a family.  Then, I might think about bringing the kids to America if the wife doesn't want to move to Africa.

They're not your kids in any way shape or form, except in your mind.

You will never adopt them, so best get the though out of your head.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1029 on: December 30, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »

I don't know how a person can take a brief field trip to Africa and then decide that two children there are suddenly "his." And seeing the kids on the Sally Struthers commercials makes me just as sad as anybody else, but even if I were to join the club, it wouldn't mean that the child belonged to me. It's a completely different sort of relationship. Going to Africa is outside of my list of experiences, so perhaps it is not fair for me to judge, but WTF? Seriously.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1030 on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »

In all fairness to Bushie (can't believe I'm saying that), the "VTO" that he refers to is a common call center thing and not something that one is looked down upon for doing. If they don't need as many people as are staffed and say you can leave, then what are you to blame for? And quite common when call centers are overstaffed before an upcoming rush. Of course working only SIX HOURS a paycheck is downright absurd. The VTO is as the V says, "voluntary", you can opt to stay, quite frankly not taking calls for two hours is all the more reason to stay for me, you're still getting paid. I rarely have taken VTO even when offered in the past (with my new position I probably won't be offered it anymore, they'll always have work for me to do.) At least go to a temp agency or something, sheesh.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1031 on: December 30, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »

In all fairness to Bushie (can't believe I'm saying that), the "VTO" that he refers to is a common call center thing and not something that one is looked down upon for doing. If they don't need as many people as are staffed and say you can leave, then what are you to blame for? And quite common when call centers are overstaffed before an upcoming rush. Of course working only SIX HOURS a paycheck is downright absurd. The VTO is as the V says, "voluntary", you can opt to stay, quite frankly not taking calls for two hours is all the more reason to stay for me, you're still getting paid. I rarely have taken VTO even when offered in the past (with my new position I probably won't be offered it anymore, they'll always have work for me to do.) At least go to a temp agency or something, sheesh.

I'll probably still ask for the VTO tomorrow if and when its offered, if nothing more than so I can rest up for the 10 1/2 hours I'll be putting in both Wednesday and Thursday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1032 on: December 30, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

I'll probably still ask for the VTO tomorrow if and when its offered, if nothing more than so I can rest up for the 10 1/2 hours I'll be putting in both Wednesday and Thursday.

Sorry dude, you're a young person with nothing else to do BUT work.......to be candid, you're a lazy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1033 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »

Sorry dude, you're a young person with nothing else to do BUT work.......to be candid, you're a lazy.

I won't deny that last part.  I'm still debating what to do about tomorrow, whether I should take VTO or not.  It won't hurt me if I do.  I doubt I can get overtime Wednesday and Thursday even with the 5 extra hours I will work as even though I will have 40 hours on my paycheck, I will not have worked 40 hours due to Tuesday being a Holiday.  I'm still debating.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1034 on: December 30, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

We'll often ask people to go home early, and after 4 hours, we can send them home if we don't need them.  In my 7 years, I have asked to go home early once (I had a big paper due the next day).

Jeff, you're lazy.  How can you expect to adopt 2 kids if you don't have the discipline to stay at work a whole day?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1035 on: December 30, 2012, 03:17:02 PM »

Jeff, you're lazy.  How can you expect to adopt 2 kids if you don't have the discipline to stay at work a whole day?

How does he expect to even pay ALL of his own bills?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1036 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »

Guys, young people can't pay their own bills whether they're lazy or not - you can't blame Bushie for his plight, its just the reality of the economy.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1037 on: December 30, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »

How does he expect to even pay ALL of his own bills?

Obama
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1038 on: December 30, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1039 on: December 30, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »

Guys, what part of I will be working 5 hours Overtime Wednesday and Thursday do you not understand?

What part of at 30 years old you're working less hours than most in their mid-50s and 60s?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1040 on: December 30, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »

Forty hours per week is a travesty anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1041 on: December 30, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »

What part of at 30 years old you're working less hours than most in their mid-50s and 60s?

Its a slow holiday.  I haven't completely decided about tomorrow, and probably won't until I get there in the morning.  After tomorrow, there likely will not be any VTO offered again until Thanksgiving.  Plus, I'll be working a lot of overtime in January to make up for the time I've missed.  I plan to put in at least 43-45 hours a week starting January 7 until at least sometime in February.  They don't frown on VTO, but they also don't frown on OT, either.  Pretty much their policy, if you want overtime, you've got it, you just have to work the hours you commit to.  Wednesday is the only day that is mandatory 2 hours overtime for everybody who comes in before 7:00 am.  Thursday will likely just be like a busy Monday, but overtime is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.  They hardly ever turn down overtime requests, except on Holidays or Thanksgiving Weekend or the last 2 weeks of December.  I plan to make good use of that overtime offer the next few weeks, possibly longer.  I'm also not going to overdo it because I do burn out and get very tired faster than most people.  I also have a tendency to faint when I get going too hard for too long.  That's been happening since High School when I was at a normal weight.  This is why I refuse to work a second job because I need my rest.  I may only be 30, but medically I need my rest, otherwise bad things can happen.  I can work overtime at the same job, I just can't work a ton of it and I can't work a second job.  I can do 45 hours a week, but 50 is pushing it, and  55+ hours is dangerous territory for me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1042 on: December 30, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1043 on: December 30, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »

What does that have to do with you would be working 5 hours overtime, but you could've had more money had you not taken the VTO?  You voluntarily gave up money.

He doesn't see it that way, he's thinking he's working a regular week when he could have made regular pay plus 10 hours of OT which probably means hell be earnin less money.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1044 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »

The term 'zero marginal product worker' comes to mind.

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1045 on: December 30, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »

Mmm I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, what's the chance they're just diverting calls from Bushie at this point? MasterJedi or BRTD, is this something is that done in call centres?

It can be done, but when my coworkers don't get any calls (just 1 call spread over 20 agents between 6:00 and 8:15 am Friday), and they take VTO just as readily, if not even more so than I do, then its probably not that they're diverting calls from me.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1046 on: December 30, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

Would depend on how his is run. In mine they can take you out of a queue to lower ones only but you can also tell which ones you are actually in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1047 on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

It can be done, but when my coworkers don't get any calls (just 1 call spread over 20 agents between 6:00 and 8:15 am Friday), and they take VTO just as readily, if not even more so than I do, then its probably not that they're diverting calls from me.

Damn you're lazy. 1 call in 2.25 hours? I've been averaging about 80 calls a day the last few months.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1048 on: December 30, 2012, 05:47:13 PM »

Well then it means the whole office is fated to be chopped pretty soon. Or maybe it's the whole Christmas thing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1049 on: December 30, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »

Well then it means the whole office is fated to be chopped pretty soon. Or maybe it's the whole Christmas thing.

The US Forest Service was closed the last two weeks of the year.  We've gotten a few calls, but not many.  As slow as it was Thursday and Friday it will be that busy on Wednesday.  Not only are they requiring everyone who comes in at 7 or earlier to put in 2 hours overtime, but everyone who has Wednesday's off are required to come in from 7:00-11:00 am including graveyard shift workers.  Everybody will be there from 7:00-11:00 am Wednesday and woe to that soul who dares to call in sick.  They might as well be looking for another job.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies