Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141634 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2012, 04:27:34 AM »

It's the best I can do to offer a positive incentive (since negative incentives clearly didn't work before).  If I could send him more, I would, because I genuinely want to see him do well.

I'll send him $20 as well.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1001 on: December 29, 2012, 05:03:01 AM »

It's the best I can do to offer a positive incentive (since negative incentives clearly didn't work before).  If I could send him more, I would, because I genuinely want to see him do well.

I'll send him $20 as well.

You and Inks want to pay a 30 year old for keeping his job?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1002 on: December 29, 2012, 07:07:05 AM »

I was so tired I went to bed extremely early last night.  I was out by 5:30!  I slept for a full 11 hours, but that still only made it 4:30.  The good news is that is my normal wake up time during the work week, so its not exceptionally early, but its early for a Saturday.  I wasn't sick or anything last night, I was just so tired.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:46 AM »

I bought a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard for my laptop Wednesday afternoon.  So, my laptop is further away from my eyes, its still only about 2 feet from my face, but I have had to raise the zoom on the screen from 100% to 125% and I still cannot see it clearly.  My eyes were just checked last May.  Anybody have this trouble?

You're the right age to have developed the need for reading glasses. I was 32. I would suggest seeing an eye doctor if you can because it is only going to get worse. Do not buy reading glasses at the drug store--you can't guess the right strength and the wrong glasses can cause you harm.

Eyeglass stores may offer free or cheap vision tests that can determine your prescription, then if it's something simple like +1/+1 you can buy cheap glasses at Walmart.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »

I bought a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard for my laptop Wednesday afternoon.  So, my laptop is further away from my eyes, its still only about 2 feet from my face, but I have had to raise the zoom on the screen from 100% to 125% and I still cannot see it clearly.  My eyes were just checked last May.  Anybody have this trouble?

You're the right age to have developed the need for reading glasses. I was 32. I would suggest seeing an eye doctor if you can because it is only going to get worse. Do not buy reading glasses at the drug store--you can't guess the right strength and the wrong glasses can cause you harm.

Eyeglass stores may offer free or cheap vision tests that can determine your prescription, then if it's something simple like +1/+1 you can buy cheap glasses at Walmart.

I've got regular glasses that I wear all the time, should I look into separate reading glasses as well?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1005 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »

I've got regular glasses that I wear all the time, should I look into separate reading glasses as well?
In a perfect world a doctor would make that determination. Go to Walgreens, and try to read a magazine up close. If you have trouble, try moving it further away from your face. If it's easier to read a little further away, you need reading glasses. You can get them at Walgreens very cheaply, but you must be very careful to get the correct strength. Again, this would ideally all be done by an optometrist, but doctors are expensive.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1006 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

In a perfect world a doctor would make that determination. Go to Walgreens, and try to read a magazine up close. If you have trouble, try moving it further away from your face. If it's easier to read a little further away, you need reading glasses. You can get them at Walgreens very cheaply, but you must be very careful to get the correct strength. Again, this would ideally all be done by an optometrist, but doctors are expensive.

I may try the Walgreens test you mentioned.  I am hesitant to buy any glasses from them and would rather wait until I get benefits and go to the eye doctor for professional testing and diagnosis, but I'll try the magazine test to determine whether I need to go in the first place.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1007 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »

It doesn't need to be at Walgreens or a magazine. Do you having nothing printed at your home? A book?  A newspaper? A frozen burrito wrapper? Walgreens is just convenient because you can try on glasses at the same time and see if they are helpful.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1008 on: December 29, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

It doesn't need to be at Walgreens or a magazine. Do you having nothing printed at your home? A book?  A newspaper? A frozen burrito wrapper? Walgreens is just convenient because you can try on glasses at the same time and see if they are helpful.

I've definitely got printed materials such as my Bible and Hymnals.  Oddly enough, I don't have a regular book in the house (though, I think there's one in the trunk).  I'll try  that test later on.  I'm seeing the screen better now than I was when I first discovered it.  It could be 1 of 3 things - 1) My eyes are getting used to the 125% Zoom - 2) I took my Tourette's medicine which affects my eyes - 3) I'm not quite as tired or sleepy as I was then.  I'll still try that test, though, to see what I figure out.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »

How's the weight loss coming?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: December 29, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »

I haven't weighed in 2-3 days, but its coming alright.  I've already eaten today, so I won't weigh until tomorrow morning.  I haven't eaten as much since I got home from Oklahoma.  I doubt I've lost anything, but I'm not gorging myself on anything, so I doubt I've gained anything, either.  I plan to go to the grocery store tomorrow after church and get some groceries for the next week or two.  I just got paid Friday so it will be easier to go shopping.  I plan to really get started on Tuesday.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1011 on: December 29, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

That's not true. You're not losing weight. Because it's torture this season. You said it yourself. How could you be losing weight?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

That's not true. You're not losing weight. Because it's torture this season. You said it yourself. How could you be losing weight?

I didn't say I had lost any weight.  If you re-read that, I said "I doubt I've lost anything."  I know I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost anything, either.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1013 on: December 29, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

I know I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost anything, either.

Then your weight has to be exactly what it was before....or one of those statements is false. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1014 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »

Then your weight has to be exactly what it was before....or one of those statements is false. Smiley

I just weighed to get a gauge on where I am, and I appear to have lost a half pound compared to where I was mid week.  That's adjusting for lunch and clothing.  I normally weigh first thing in the morning before I get dressed and before I eat.  I really don't know where I'm at because I don't know how accurate my adjustment is.  I'll weigh first thing tomorrow morning before I get ready for church.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1015 on: December 29, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »

That's adjusting for lunch and clothing.

Shieeeeee! Abeg he says he "adjusting", subtracting fifteen pounds-o! Ei! As if he was wearing heavy heavy cloth, like big chief! Ei!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: December 29, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »

That's adjusting for lunch and clothing.

Shieeeeee! Abeg he says he "adjusting", subtracting fifteen pounds-o! Ei! As if he was wearing heavy heavy cloth, like big chief! Ei!

Nah, I was only taking off 4 pounds for clothing and food combined.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: December 29, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

Four pounds be too much o!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1018 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »

That's actually pretty accurate of how much my clothes and food add to my weight.  It varies between 3 and 5 pounds depending on what I've had to eat.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1019 on: December 29, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry much about four pounds. Weight fluctuates all the time. Think of it as a margin of error. Going to church in the mornin?  You like the church? Any pretty ladies there?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1020 on: December 29, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »

Memphis, looking for girls in church is a terrible and sacrilegious idea.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: December 29, 2012, 08:46:15 PM »

I wouldn't worry much about four pounds. Weight fluctuates all the time. Think of it as a margin of error. Going to church in the mornin?  You like the church? Any pretty ladies there?

As they call it in the South, I'm going to Sunday-meetin'!  I do like the church, although I haven't found any ladies my type there.  Most of the ladies are either young girls or married Latina women.  I'm not very hopeful on the lady front there, but I'm not really looking for a lady right now, to be honest.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1022 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1023 on: December 29, 2012, 09:18:35 PM »

Tonight will be my final normal sleep of 2012. I'll go to bed at 12:00 am and get up about 8:00 am. Tomorrow night will be a half-night's sleep. I will go to bed at 10:30 pm and wake up at 2:00 am Monday. I want to watch the birth of 2013 at 3:00 am. I'll go to work as normal at 6:00 am and then I will stay up until 2:00 am Tuesday. So, once I wake up at 8:00 am tomorrow, I will be up for the next 42 hours with only 3 1/2 to 4 hours sleep.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1024 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »

Church sounds like the perfect place for a religious to find girls.
Church has the respectable girls. If you're new in town, where else you gonna look, craiglist? Note to Bushie, please do NOT actually look for girls on cgaigslist.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies