Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:12:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141652 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: December 16, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »

Bushie, I crashed my car a couple of times in snowy road conditions when I lived up North here.  Even in a worst case scenario, it is highly unlikely you will be driving fast enough to be injured in a wreck during your short commute to work.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #776 on: December 16, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »

A 31 year old man should not have a problem walking 1.25 miles to work... snow or not.

Sure, a 60 year old overweight diabetic out shoveling 24" of heavy, wet snow for hours might cause a heart attack.

Walking 1.25 miles will do you good, get you some fresh air, and allow you to see the community at the pace communities are meant to be seen at... walking pace.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #777 on: December 16, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »

I'm not really worried about it, its just the trickiest day of the week, but I'll be fine whether I walk or drive.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #778 on: December 17, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »

as long as your going under like 35 your not really going to get hurt if you crash. Can you take roads that are at or under this speed limit to work.  You can't be afraid of the snow. Last winter I was in a accident doing under 10 mph both of us slid on some ice it was a slow motion accident. I watched his car come at me for several seconds knowing he was going to hit me, it was weird. I also almost slid up a curb and into a stop sign barely stoping before I hit it. I also got my car stuck in the snow in a major intersection for 10 minutes. The intersection was 200 ft from my workplace. Another year I almost hit the mailbox of my work trying to floor it into the parking lot because the lot wasn't plowed and I didn't want to get stuck. Last year I hit some ice and spun around a few times in the middle of a 5 lane road lucky for me no one was on the road right by me. There were people a hundred feet or so in front of me but I stopped before I hit them, barely. Just get out there and drive. Is there a big parking lot you can practice driving in to get use to the snow? I would try that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #779 on: December 17, 2012, 12:14:13 AM »

Both roads I drive on have a speed limit of 35 and there is just one hill in both directions.  I should be fine.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #780 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »

This series has tanked about as much as Homeland Season 2.
^^^^^^^^
Without faith, update is dead. We need a revival. As for Bushie walking to work, the greatest threat is not his heart, it's slipping and falling. Especially if conditions are icy. Make sure you have sturdy footwear.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #781 on: December 17, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »

as long as your going under like 35 your not really going to get hurt if you crash. Can you take roads that are at or under this speed limit to work.  You can't be afraid of the snow. Last winter I was in a accident doing under 10 mph both of us slid on some ice it was a slow motion accident. I watched his car come at me for several seconds knowing he was going to hit me, it was weird. I also almost slid up a curb and into a stop sign barely stoping before I hit it. I also got my car stuck in the snow in a major intersection for 10 minutes. The intersection was 200 ft from my workplace. Another year I almost hit the mailbox of my work trying to floor it into the parking lot because the lot wasn't plowed and I didn't want to get stuck. Last year I hit some ice and spun around a few times in the middle of a 5 lane road lucky for me no one was on the road right by me. There were people a hundred feet or so in front of me but I stopped before I hit them, barely. Just get out there and drive. Is there a big parking lot you can practice driving in to get use to the snow? I would try that.
Is it common to have so many winter weather fueled accidents? Cause you guys have snow/ice for several months, right? Do you use chains/snow tires? Are these things helpful?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #782 on: December 17, 2012, 12:17:40 AM »

^^^^^^^^
Without faith, update is dead. We need a revival. As for Bushie walking to work, the greatest threat is not his heart, it's slipping and falling. Especially if conditions are icy. Make sure you have sturdy footwear.

I don't have any snow boots, yet, and my tennis shoes are in desperate need of being replaced, so the only pair I have is my dress shoes which is not too safe on snow and ice.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #783 on: December 17, 2012, 12:20:33 AM »

^^^^^^^^

I don't have any snow boots, yet, and my tennis shoes are in desperate need of being replaced, so the only pair I have is my dress shoes which is not too safe on snow and ice.
When I was at Bed Bath and Beyond last week, they had these rubber things that stretch over your shoes with metal studs on the bottom to help walk in slippery conditions. I thought it was a pretty clever product. Too bad they were trying to sell them in Memphis.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #784 on: December 17, 2012, 12:24:56 AM »

^^^^^^^^

When I was at Bed Bath and Beyond last week, they had these rubber things that stretch over your shoes with metal studs on the bottom to help walk in slippery conditions. I thought it was a pretty clever product. Too bad they were trying to sell them in Memphis.

There's a Bed Bath and Beyond just about 3-4 miles from me, so after Christmas, I may go down and see if they sell them here.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »

^^^^^^^^

There's a Bed Bath and Beyond just about 3-4 miles from me, so after Christmas, I may go down and see if they sell them here.
It's cheaper on amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Sharper-Image-Traction-Slip-Ons-Stretch-On/dp/B005H2RZDG
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2012, 12:56:16 AM »

^^^^^^^^

I tend not to buy much online as I don't like being hit with the use tax come tax time.  I know its not much, but I'd rather get my tax out of the way when I purchase the product then to pay for it again later.

I may be an oldie, but I still prefer brick-and-mortar buying vs. click-and-mortar or totally online.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »

^^^^^^^^

I tend not to buy much online as I don't like being hit with the use tax come tax time.  I know its not much, but I'd rather get my tax out of the way when I purchase the product then to pay for it again later.

I may be an oldie, but I still prefer brick-and-mortar buying vs. click-and-mortar or totally online.

I, uh, huh, what...oh,  never mind.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #788 on: December 17, 2012, 01:11:20 AM »

Bushie, let me synthesize the top few comments: A 30-year old man should neither fear walking one-and-a-quarter miles due to heart problems, nor should he fear driving that distance due to snow.

Bushie, is gas a major expense for you? Because a 10-minute drive is hardly a major endeavour.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #789 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »

I may, and probable am, over-exaggerating the conditions, but that would be the worst case scenario.

To quote Clark Griswald... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxGkcC1VrhU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m43s (profanity)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #790 on: December 17, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »

Bushie, let me synthesize the top few comments: A 30-year old man should neither fear walking one-and-a-quarter miles due to heart problems, nor should he fear driving that distance due to snow.

Bushie, is gas a major expense for you? Because a 10-minute drive is hardly a major endeavour.

You must be missing a key phrase I've mentioned over and over - I'm not worried about it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #791 on: December 17, 2012, 02:04:53 AM »

Then why talk about it so much?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #792 on: December 17, 2012, 02:08:39 AM »

I've got to keep the thread going somehow. Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #793 on: December 17, 2012, 02:23:02 AM »

endeavor
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #794 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »

Bushie, how do you like being around so many kids when you're out in public? I'm sure it must be very different from Oklahoma!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #795 on: December 17, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »

Bushie, how do you like being around so many kids when you're out in public? I'm sure it must be very different from Oklahoma!

There are kids in both places, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

We've got rain outside currently that is in the process of changing to snow.  Salt Lake City is expecting 2-5", but the southern Salt Lake Valley and the Utah Valley (Midvale down to Provo) are expecting 5-10".  Considering they have underestimated the last 4 storms, I'm betting on the higher end of 5-10".  Either way, they are expecting the morning commute to be extremely treacherous.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #796 on: December 17, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »

programa.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #797 on: December 17, 2012, 07:29:59 PM »

Well, due to the high Mormon population, kids are certainly more abundant out and about than they are in Oklahoma. Have you not noticed that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #798 on: December 17, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

Well, due to the high Mormon population, kids are certainly more abundant out and about than they are in Oklahoma. Have you not noticed that?

Yes, I have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: December 17, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »

Tomorrow is Tuesday, December 18, 2012. As most of you know, I have a very involved method of changing my calendars for the new year. With my Christmas Vacation coming up in 4 days, I will be beginning my Calendar Changing Procedures from 2012 to 2013 tomorrow night! For me, its not a matter of taking one down and hanging one up. I have a ritual I go through with each and every calendar, wall calendars and desk calendars alike. This procedure will conclude at 10:30 pm MST on Sunday, December 30, 2012.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies