Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141779 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: December 04, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »

That's a lot of time to be taking off less than a year into a job.

I agree it is, and I probably wouldn't spring for Kenya in 2013, but since that generous donor paid $2400 last May so I could go again, I feel obligated to take them up on the offer and go.

You should feel obligated to the people who hired you over other needy people, and not take all this time of right away.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #601 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #602 on: December 04, 2012, 11:19:06 PM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.

It became clearer today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #603 on: December 04, 2012, 11:25:51 PM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.

It became clearer today?

Not just today necessarily, its been a process of communication with my coordinator who is going home to Kenya (she was born there) next week for Kenyan Independence and Christmas.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #604 on: December 05, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »

That's a lot of time to be taking off less than a year into a job.

I agree it is, and I probably wouldn't spring for Kenya in 2013, but since that generous donor paid $2400 last May so I could go again, I feel obligated to take them up on the offer and go.

Even if you lose your job (again)?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #605 on: December 05, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

What will you be doing in Kenya specifically? I very much admire your good intentions, but I don't understand how you hope to be of service. Do you know anything about international development?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: December 05, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.
What will you be doing in Kenya specifically? I very much admire your good intentions, but I don't understand how you hope to be of service. Do you know anything about international development?

I will be in the Administration of the Orphanage.  I will be coordinating sponsorships for the children from American and European homes, I will be coordinating mission trips with American churches who come down for a week or however long, and I will be coordinating those who choose to come alone.  Currently, on the ground at Maisha there are only 3 men overseeing 450 orphans and 150 widows.  One of the men is going to University, so he's only part time. As you can see 2 1/2 men overseeing 600 people plus ministering to those in the slums is quite a daunting task.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #607 on: December 06, 2012, 12:11:12 AM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.

I will be in the Administration of the Orphanage.  I will be coordinating sponsorships for the children from American and European homes, I will be coordinating mission trips with American churches who come down for a week or however long, and I will be coordinating those who choose to come alone.  Currently, on the ground at Maisha there are only 3 men overseeing 450 orphans and 150 widows.  One of the men is going to University, so he's only part time. As you can see 2 1/2 men overseeing 600 people plus ministering to those in the slums is quite a daunting task.
So you essentially want to work in their call center?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »

My career in Kenya is becoming a bit clearer.  I now have an idea of how I will work and support myself without becoming another mouth to feed.  I will work directly with the Maisha International Orphanage and live in their volunteer home that will be built in 2015.  I will be financially supported mainly through stipends from Maisha and grants through various sources.  Like I said, it will be at least 4 years before I leave, probably closer to 4 1/2 - 5 years.  I want to be down there by January 1, 2018.

I will be in the Administration of the Orphanage.  I will be coordinating sponsorships for the children from American and European homes, I will be coordinating mission trips with American churches who come down for a week or however long, and I will be coordinating those who choose to come alone.  Currently, on the ground at Maisha there are only 3 men overseeing 450 orphans and 150 widows.  One of the men is going to University, so he's only part time. As you can see 2 1/2 men overseeing 600 people plus ministering to those in the slums is quite a daunting task.

They have no call center.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »

I will be in the Administration of the Orphanage.  I will be coordinating sponsorships for the children from American and European homes, I will be coordinating mission trips with American churches who come down for a week or however long, and I will be coordinating those who choose to come alone.  Currently, on the ground at Maisha there are only 3 men overseeing 450 orphans and 150 widows.  One of the men is going to University, so he's only part time. As you can see 2 1/2 men overseeing 600 people plus ministering to those in the slums is quite a daunting task.

Right, but you want to do call center sort of things. Seems like it's a telephone sort of job. Seems like you could do any of it via skype from anywhere in the world.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

Right, but you want to do call center sort of things. Seems like it's a telephone sort of job. Seems like you could do any of it via skype from anywhere in the world.

Ahem, memphis, get the f[inks] with it....his kids are in Kenya.  That is all. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2012, 09:06:19 AM »

I will be in the Administration of the Orphanage.

Poor, poor orphans Sad
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »

No, its face to face administration.  Think 50 years ago in America, but with computers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: December 07, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »

So, I just made my Walmart run.  A week later than I had planned, but I had to go tonight as we've got literally 4 chances of snow in the next 8 days.

I did get stuff for Spaghetti, Tacos, and Hamburgers.  I will fix a hamburger tonight.  I won't get the hamburger meat needed for the Spaghetti or Tacos until the day I plan to eat them, which I haven't decided yet.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #614 on: December 08, 2012, 12:45:31 AM »

So, I just made my Walmart run.  A week later than I had planned, but I had to go tonight as we've got literally 4 chances of snow in the next 8 days.

lol
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #615 on: December 08, 2012, 01:19:27 AM »

He makes it sound like he's going to be snowed in or something...

Courtesy of the NWS:

Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. South wind 7 to 9 mph.
Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Light northwest wind increasing to 12 to 17 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. North northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight.
Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
Thursday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Friday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:11 AM »

Courtesy of the NWS:

Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Light northwest wind increasing to 12 to 17 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. North northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph after midnight.
Monday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

None of the 4 systems will be very heavy and probably only an inch or two will fall with each system.  This first system may have the heaviest snowfall at 3-5" including lake effect.  But, it happened to coincide with a regular trip to Walmart.  I just threw in the 4 snow systems for dramatic effect. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #617 on: December 08, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »

If Bushie's a bad winter driver, I prefer his abundance of caution to people who keep driving the same way they do in August. Similarly, I've made my peace with my mother's super slow old lady driving. Beats crashing into somebody trying to keep up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: December 08, 2012, 01:31:35 AM »

Here is Weather Underground's forecast for Midvale, Utah.

Friday Night

Mostly cloudy in the evening, then overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 30F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
Saturday

Overcast with a chance of snow and rain, then snow and rain in the afternoon. High of 39F with a windchill as low as 21F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%.
Saturday Night

Overcast with snow in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Low of 23F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
Sunday

Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 28F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Sunday Night

Partly cloudy with a chance of snow after midnight. Low of 19F. Winds from the East at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the SSE after midnight. Chance of snow 20%.
Monday

Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 37F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30% .
Monday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow and rain showers in the evening, then mostly cloudy. Low of 21F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
Tuesday

Partly cloudy. High of 41F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday Night

Overcast. Low of 25F with a windchill as low as 16F. Winds from the SE at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday

Clear in the morning, then overcast with a chance of rain. High of 43F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Wednesday Night

Overcast with a chance of snow. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 60% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
Thursday

Overcast with a chance of snow. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Thursday Night

Overcast. Low of 18F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Friday

Mostly cloudy. High of 36F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Friday Night

Partly cloudy. Low of 16F with a windchill as low as 9F. Winds from the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 41F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Saturday Night

Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday

Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 41F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 20%.
Sunday Night

Partly cloudy. Low of 25F with a windchill as low as 18F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday

Partly cloudy. High of 41F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday Night

Partly cloudy. Low of 23F with a windchill as low as 14F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.

Our local ABC affiliate has been saying 1-3" with tomorrow's storm with lake effect snow Saturday night that could dump up to another 3-5" mainly in central Salt Lake County west to eastern Tooele County.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #619 on: December 08, 2012, 01:32:59 AM »

Courtesy of the NWS:

None of the 4 systems will be very heavy and probably only an inch or two will fall with each system.  This first system may have the heaviest snowfall at 3-5" including lake effect.  But, it happened to coincide with a regular trip to Walmart.  I just threw in the 4 snow systems for dramatic effect. Smiley

That's not an inch or two with each system.  That's at most an inch total.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: December 08, 2012, 01:36:47 AM »

Courtesy of the NWS:

That's not an inch or two with each system.  That's at most an inch total.

I'm going with our local meteorologists and they all say 1-3" with this first one plus 3-5" lake effect (though some make it only an inch additional for lake effect).  They are also saying 1-2" on Monday, as well.  Nothing has been said for Thursday or Saturday because its still a bit early for accumulations.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #621 on: December 08, 2012, 01:45:26 AM »

That forecast has to be for further north than you... you won't get that much snow from lake effect snow with wind pattern out there.  You're too far south (if you are in Midvale / Sandy).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: December 08, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »

That forecast has to be for further north than you... you won't get that much snow from lake effect snow with wind pattern out there.  You're too far south (if you are in Midvale / Sandy).

We got 22.7" in Sandy with the November storm.  No, we're not too far south.  In fact, the lake effect can extend as far south as Orem and Provo and as far east as Park City.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #623 on: December 08, 2012, 01:54:14 AM »

We got 22.7" in Sandy with the November storm.  No, we're not too far south.  In fact, the lake effect can extend as far south as Orem and Provo and as far east as Park City.

Yes, CAN, but not with this system... the wind direction is not right for it.  At most, you'll get an inch.  After the system is through, I'd love to hear how much you actually got.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: December 08, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »

Yes, CAN, but not with this system... the wind direction is not right for it.  At most, you'll get an inch.  After the system is through, I'd love to hear how much you actually got.

Alright, will do.  The direction of the storm and the overall flow is coming directly from the North-Northwest from Alaska and the Yukon Territory which puts Murray, Midvale, and Sandy all in a direct path of the Great Salt Lake.

Whatever we get, though, will be paltry by Salt Lake City standards.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies