Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141637 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:22 PM »

Establishing healthful habits is more important than closely tracking your daily calorie intake. Don't eat a "lunchable." Have an apple and some yogurt tomorrow instead. Keep doing whatever is easiest and cheapest and you'll be dead before you're 60.

Nix, an important thing to note is that there are short term and long term goals. You know who eats a lot of apples and yogurt and assorted health food, fat chicks.  The denial of comfort food altogether eventually leads people to gorge themselves on cake and completely stop altogether. You are not going to break 30 years of poor eating habits quickly.  By tracking his calorie count and exercising, he will run a deficit and he will lose weight. By losing weight and getting active his blood pressure will go down and his energy level will increase.  It will eventually get to where he will lose his taste for some of the artery clogging foods.  I really think you have to build up to certain things; you just don't flip a switch and start liking healthy food over Arby's overnight.

As they say, old habits die hard.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #451 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:50 PM »

Well machine gun them, then.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #452 on: November 26, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »

Wouldn't that be nice!!  If I could flip a master switch and all the old habits be dead, I would have done that years ago.  However, such as they may, I am having to go to the Old West Shootouts with each one of them.  I've encountered several wounds and had to take a leave of absence for 9 months, but I'm back with guns loaded!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #453 on: November 26, 2012, 10:00:19 PM »

Jeff, again when you go to Walmart check out the Healthy Choice meals. They are cheap, filling, and really easy to make. I have about 4 in my freezer here, and about 3 in my freezer in work in case I don't want to go out for lunch, and at home for if I don't get a chance to cook an actual dinner.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #454 on: November 26, 2012, 10:05:47 PM »

Jeff, again when you go to Walmart check out the Healthy Choice meals. They are cheap, filling, and really easy to make. I have about 4 in my freezer here, and about 3 in my freezer in work in case I don't want to go out for lunch, and at home for if I don't get a chance to cook an actual dinner.

I will definitely be looking into Healthy Choice meals.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »

I will definitely be looking into Healthy Choice meals.

Agree with Andrew.  Yes, they tend to be very high in salt but they are generally low in calories, taste good and are quick and easy. There are a range of different brands lean cuisine, weight watchers etc (hint: don't bother with 'lean' pockets) just start checking the labels on back and buy some when they are on sale.

Back to the quick thing, I know this forum is loaded with college kids and youngs but I dont know where some of you get the time to make all these gourmet meals.  I cook most every night but I save the labor intensive crap to the weekends. Id rather squeeze in a workout than stir some sauce for hours.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #456 on: November 27, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »

Establishing healthful habits is more important than closely tracking your daily calorie intake. Don't eat a "lunchable." Have an apple and some yogurt tomorrow instead. Keep doing whatever is easiest and cheapest and you'll be dead before you're 60.

Exactly.  If your calories are all from high sodium crap like lunchables (which I have never had... not even one), you're going to end up with other problems.

That's not actually true. Eating breakfast doesn't change your metabolism, but it does have other beneficial effects. You'll have more energy and you're less likely to gorge yourself on on junk food later in the day.

Actually, it is true (assuming you're getting recommended amounts of sleep and don't eat very late at night).  Lack of eating on a regular basis causes the body to produce less enzymes that metabolize fat.  If you eat at 5:00, and don't eat again until 12:00, that's going 19 hours without eating, which is a fairly long time.  Obviously, if you eat dinner at a late time, and lunch earlier, this won't apply.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #457 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:16 AM »

I'm really amazed at how people can actually enjoy all the junk food. Isn't a nice fresh salad more enjoyable to eat than a Lunchable or a cheeseburger?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #458 on: November 27, 2012, 08:55:06 AM »

Establishing healthful habits is more important than closely tracking your daily calorie intake. Don't eat a "lunchable." Have an apple and some yogurt tomorrow instead. Keep doing whatever is easiest and cheapest and you'll be dead before you're 60 40.

Fixed.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #459 on: November 27, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »

Regarding the breakfast thing... if time really is the issue here, go get yourself some of those flavoured instant oatmeal thingies.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #460 on: November 27, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

Oatmeal is one of my fav things for breakfast. I just get the original, and add my own mixed fruit to it. Maybe one day it's apple, the next is strawberry.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #461 on: November 27, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »

Oatmeal is one of my fav things for breakfast. I just get the original, and add my own mixed fruit to it. Maybe one day it's apple, the next is strawberry.

That'd be even better, of course, but this is Bushie. Baby steps, Andrew, baby steps.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #462 on: November 27, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

The idea that people find it difficult not to eat 3000 calories per day is really, really baffling to me. Maybe I'm under-estimating how many calories I do actually consume, but I think I would find it challenging (and expensive!) to eat that much daily. Do they eat ten extra donuts for snacks randomly throughout the day or something?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #463 on: November 27, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »

The idea that people find it difficult not to eat 3000 calories per day is really, really baffling to me. Maybe I'm under-estimating how many calories I do actually consume, but I think I would find it challenging (and expensive!) to eat that much daily. Do they eat ten extra donuts for snacks randomly throughout the day or something?

You weigh 5 pounds, Lief, of course it's foreign to you what fats do daily.  Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #464 on: November 27, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »

I had sweet potato casserole today at my favorite deli that changed names and it was SOOOO good. My god. I bet it was 3000 calories itself!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #465 on: November 27, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »

This is going to sound excruciatingly lame and self-help but if you want to lose weight it's not so much changing habits as changing who you are. Don't become someone who passes up junk food for a salad, become someone who doesn't even consider the junk food as an option.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #466 on: November 27, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

I'm with you on this. I'm currently at ~1000 calories for the day, with a target goal of ~3500-4000. That leaves 2500-3000 calories left for dinner and subsequent snacks. It's impossible to hit without binge drinking, but Bushie doesn't even do that!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #467 on: November 27, 2012, 06:50:30 PM »

I eat 3-4k calories per day without counting what is often a 1.5-2k calorie hit worth of beer.  I have hardly been exercising yet thanks to a blessed metabolism I am barely overweight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #468 on: November 27, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

I can definitely put away the calories when I'm drinking bourbon or PBR. Otherwise, yeah, I could never eat 4000 calories in a day, especially during exams when stress causes me to hardly eat anything.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »

I try to stay under 1800 calories a day. There was a time where I was trying to stay under 1400-1500 but I would go to bed starving.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #470 on: November 27, 2012, 07:10:25 PM »

I've got a bit more calories in me today, around 1,200 currently through breakfast and lunch.  I'm still contemplating what to have for dinner.  As of this morning, I am down to 268 which puts me down 2 1/2 pounds total since Saturday.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #471 on: November 27, 2012, 07:10:28 PM »

I find it hard to get alone without a 1500-2000 calorie 'shot' of food around 5-6pm.  I also have a bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and eating + re-upping on sleeping pills... no paragon of health, here.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #472 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:56 PM »

What meal do you eat that is 1500-2000 calories?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #473 on: November 27, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »

What meal do you eat that is 1500-2000 calories?

yesterday I had two tacos and two slices of meatball pizza.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #474 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »

Yes, it is extremely challenging to eat an amount different than what your brain is telling you to eat. Most people can do it for a short period of time, but after a while will go back to what they are used to. Which is why just about everybody who loses weight unrelated to severe illness or age will gain it back. Until we treat the brain, fighting obesity will not be effective.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies