Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 79
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 141648 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »

Irrational fear of the backlash from the truth.  I don't stop to think that the backlash from the lie is worse than that from the truth.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why I'm trying to wean myself off the Update thread.

Seriously... stop trying to "wean" yourself off.  Go see a doctor.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »

So, my plans for Tuesday are set:  Here goes:

2:30 am - Wake Up
3:00 am - Turn on to CNN
5:00 am - Breakfast
6:45 am - Leave for Precinct
7:00 am - Vote
7:30 am - Continue with CNN
11:00 am - Lunch
3:00 pm - Activate the DVR
4:00 pm - Start watching returns
3:00 am Wednesday - Go to Bed

no exercise of any kind.

And no time for the Word.

I'll probably wake up at 1:30 or 2:00 so I can get into God's Word.

To be honest, I'm not worried about calories on Election Day.  I'm going to watch what I eat that day and won't go overboard on calorie-laden food, but I'm not worried about exercising that day.  I'll exercise Monday and Wednesday.

Jeff, to be honest, you haven't worried about calories the last 20 years or so.

I disagree. For the most part that's true, but just about a year ago - in fact 51 weeks ago, on Monday, November 14, 2011, I began a weight-loss campaign and I successfully lost 20 pounds until my trip to Kenya in March.  I haven't gained any of that 20 pounds.  Granted, I have not lost any, and there's more I could do, and while ~265 is not great, its not as bad as 285 where I was on Saturday, November 12, 2011.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2012, 11:39:04 PM »

So if CHG "fizzled" on Friday, then this post, where you admitted your lie ALSO CONTAINED A LIE:

Yeah, that last part of the post wasn't accurate.  Yes, it was a lie.  It would have been accurate had my plans worked. Who knows what the reason was they let me go.  It could have been the bereavement leave the week before, even though my supervisor clearly told me to take off the rest of the week.  Unless she did that with this in mind.  I kind of have a feeling the "restructuring" started in mid-October as opposed to late October.  Who knows.  Whatever reason it was, I'm over it now, just waiting on my final paycheck.  While I've got CHG ready to go on November 26, I've got 3 other items in the pipeline just in case it were to fall through.  Based on my history, I am skeptical when any one offers a job to me, especially with a relatively large amount ($40,000).  I've got three other jobs in the cooker right now that I will follow up on this week.  One of the places, is only 1/2 - 3/4 mile from me, so I can walk there without getting on the main road.

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »

So if CHG "fizzled" on Friday, then this post, where you admitted your lie ALSO CONTAINED A LIE:

Yeah, that last part of the post wasn't accurate.  Yes, it was a lie.  It would have been accurate had my plans worked. Who knows what the reason was they let me go.  It could have been the bereavement leave the week before, even though my supervisor clearly told me to take off the rest of the week.  Unless she did that with this in mind.  I kind of have a feeling the "restructuring" started in mid-October as opposed to late October.  Who knows.  Whatever reason it was, I'm over it now, just waiting on my final paycheck.  While I've got CHG ready to go on November 26, I've got 3 other items in the pipeline just in case it were to fall through.  Based on my history, I am skeptical when any one offers a job to me, especially with a relatively large amount ($40,000).  I've got three other jobs in the cooker right now that I will follow up on this week.  One of the places, is only 1/2 - 3/4 mile from me, so I can walk there without getting on the main road.

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?

It's not a total lie, because there was still a chance CHG could come back, though it was not looking good.  It officially died out this morning.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:40 PM »

Seriously... why even post this as the "Update" thread?  Why not just call it Bushie's fantasyland?  At least you'd make Al happy... do you lie to your family as much as this forum?

It's not a total lie, because there was still a chance CHG could come back, though it was not looking good.  It officially died out this morning.

"not looking good" ≠ "ready to go".  That's pretty basic vocabulary.  Even if it wasn't "officially" dead, it certainly wasn't "ready to go".

Or is this another one of those "technicalities"?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2012, 11:55:27 PM »

"not looking good" ≠ "ready to go".  That's pretty basic vocabulary.  Even if it wasn't "officially" dead, it certainly wasn't "ready to go".

It was optimism!  You know I'm always an optimist.  It wasn't realistic optimism, but it was optimism.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »

It was optimism!  You know I'm always an optimist.  It wasn't realistic optimism, but it was optimism.

No.  Optimism is "I hope I'll have CHG ready to go on November 26", not "I've got CHG redy to go on November 26".
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2012, 12:11:27 AM »

No.  Optimism is "I hope I'll have CHG ready to go on November 26", not "I've got CHG redy to go on November 26".

We'll have to agree to disagree here.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:45 AM »

I love Bushie logic.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »

I just completed my first full day of work at Xerox - Sandy, UT.  Yesterday, I worked just 8:00-10:50 as my drug test appointment was 11:30 and my finger print appointment was for 1:00.  I actually got out of the drug test at 11:25 and went straight to get my finger prints and was out of there by 11:45.  I, then, went and voted and was out of there by 12:15.  Today, I worked 8:00-3:20 as we were let out early due to material being covered in full today and the inability to proceed until tomorrow.  I will work the full 8:00-4:30 tomorrow and Friday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »

There is a snow storm coming into town Friday that is supposed to dump 5" in the valleys.  I fly out of Salt Lake City at 8:30 Saturday morning and was supposed to be at the off airport parking by 5:00 am.  With the temperature in the 20s Saturday morning, with snow still coming down pretty heavily, and my inexperience on winter roads, I am going to go to the airport after work Friday afternoon.  Instead of getting to the off airport parking by 5:00 am Saturday, I'll get there by 5:00 pm Friday.  It won't cost me any extra, and I'll just sleep at the airport Friday night.  It will be a LLLOONNGG night at the airport being there for 15 hours before take off.  At least it will be warm with places to eat.  Also, I'll have places to plug in my computer and my phone, so I'll still have entertainment and I can go to bed early Saturday night at my parents'.  As I told the travel agent to change the reservation at the airport parking, I'd rather spend the night at the airport than spend the night in a ditch!  I get off work at 4:30 Friday evening, and the sun doesn't set until 5:15, so I will still have a little daylight to get to the parking.  This could be fun!  I will not be taking a suitcase as my mother has clothes I can wear that I left there, just a carry on is all I'll take, so I will be able to go through security right away Friday evening without having to worry if my bag will make it on the plane.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »

Why do I feel like this shall result in your losing your job?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2012, 05:21:49 AM »

Winter roads aren't hard to drive on... you just drive slow.  How will you ever get used to doing it if you simply take irrational steps to avoid any driving in snow?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »

You're going to the airport 15 hours early because of a measly 5" of snow?

How long of a drive is it to the airport anyway?  (under good weather conditions)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »

Why do I feel like this shall result in your losing your job?

Because it's like the movie Groundhog Day.......it happens every time, without fail.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »

I've driven in a foot and a half of snow in a Camero. Why is 5 inches of snow so difficult?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »

At this point after all the "lies", this thread should be considered nothing more than a very eccentric fiction story.  Brilliantly written, but most of it is probably fake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »

Winter roads aren't hard to drive on... you just drive slow.  How will you ever get used to doing it if you simply take irrational steps to avoid any driving in snow?

I will be learning in the next few weeks, but I want to learn in the daylight rather than the black of night.  I probably could make it, but I might as well go to the airport after work, because with as early as I need to leave the house, it wouldn't make much sense to sleep even at the house as I don't want to oversleep, which I have a tendency to do.  I'd rather just stay awake at the airport, even though I will be there for 15 hours before take off.  I'll be alright.  There will be more snow coming in later this month, and it is just November, so I should be able to learn to drive in it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2012, 01:12:56 AM »

You used a travel agent to change parking? Wtf?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2012, 03:13:44 AM »

For an "optimistic" person, you sure are extremely pessimistic about driving in snow...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »

Again, how long of a drive is it to the airport, anyway?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:54 AM »

23 mins
17.0 mi
per google

They aren't going to check you in, take your bags, or let you through security that early......and getting there 15 hours ahead, aside from being insane, t hey'll probably view as a security risk.....and rightly so.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »

I"ll have my boarding pass printed out at lunch as I'm flying Southwest.  I'm also taking no checked baggage, just a carry on and my laptop sachel.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

What are you going to do if there is 5 inches of snow on the ground when you land back in SLC?  You have a job to get back to.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »

23 mins
17.0 mi
per google

They aren't going to check you in, take your bags, or let you through security that early......and getting there 15 hours ahead, aside from being insane, t hey'll probably view as a security risk.....and rightly so.

Yeah, I had to get to the airport like 8 hours early one time (my ride was taking me from Mt. Pleasant to Detroit and had to be back for class... and that's a wee bit too expensive for a cab Wink ), and it was the most bored I've ever been.  They don't let you in until 6 hours before your flight.  I had a paper to write, so I would go to the McDonald's to get wifi (there's this one corner in the Detroit airport McDonald's that picks up the hotel's free wifi, otherwise you have to pay), but they had no outlet, so I'd have to go between the terminal and McDonald's to charge my computer and go on the Internet.  And even doing that, I finished the paper in like 4 hours and had nothing to do for the rest of the time.  Anybody who chooses to do that voluntarily is just crazy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies